Book to read on board

rxmurphy

I suggest Murder on the Levithan by Boris A (something Russian)

It is set aboard a luxury cruiseline sailing to India in 1876.

I haven't finished yet, I only got to it the last 2 days of our CP cruise last week.....

too much to do!!!

I have read them all and Tourist Season and Sick Puppy are my two favorites, but I also really enjoyed Native Tongue and Stormy Weather. I understand he is coming out with a new novel this summer, Skinny Dip, to be available July 13.

Happy Cruising,

Bob

I'm a sucker for W.E.B.Griffith's historical fiction with the military settings, particularly the OSS in WW2 - but not his police series, which I find a little too far out.

Michael

How could you mention Stephanie Plum (Evanovich) without a word about Connie, the Italian version of Mae West and Cousin Vinnie who does strange things with fowl!....................another vote for this series

AvMan, I get a kick out of Carl Hiassen too! I especially enjoyed Stormy Weather.

Thanks to another book thread on this board, I read James Patterson for the first time and now have a new author to add to the list of fav reads.

I suggest Dorothea Benton Frank, Sullivan's Island and Plantation. She's newly published, only those 2. I guess you could classify them "chick" books, but I laughed so hard at Sullivans Island that my DH read it and also enjoyed it.

How many of you Evanovich fans have read Elmore Leonard, over 40 books? You'll probably agree, the styles are similar....lots of fun; I've read over 20 of them.

Get Shorty, Freaky Deaky, Maximum Bob, Bandits, Pagan Babies.....just to name a few.....his newest one is Mr. Paradise....just finished it!

We will be bring again "The Ultimate Hitchhiker Collection; Six Complete Novels," by Douglas Adams. We have brought it on our last two cruises and try to read a couple of chapters outloud a day. Hopefully we will be able to finish it on our next cruise in January.

Lisa and David

I took Mary Kay Andrews on my last cruise and loved her writing....plus she has a recipe for Chicken Salad that is phenominal!!!! She is a southern gal and will tickle you with her characters....Sorry I don't have the names of the books handy but she also has a new book coming out in the fall.....Grace

Evanovich is great, once you pick her up you can't put the book down.
Kathy Reichs writes books about an anthropologist who solved mysteries.
A friend of mine has a new book, The Piano Teacher, which is a good southern novel.

Stephanie Plum is a great summer time read, I also like any of Fern Michaels books. I just finished Late Bloomers which was a great summer time pool book I read on the Caribbean Princess.

[quote name='rob&tam']Angels & Demons by Dan Brown was pretty good too. It's the book before DaVinci Code. I liked it better than DaVinci.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, if you like "The DaVinci Code", then read "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I also liked it much better. I couldn't put it down.

I love Harlan Coben's last 3 books. Tell No One and also No Second Chance were great. Very suspenseful!!! His latest book came out in April or May and it's another good read. If you like fast moving suspence books, these are for you. Great books to take on a cruise or beach vacation in the Caribbean. Enjoy!!!
Laurie

I'm a member of 4 reading groups, so I devour books by the score. My suggestions are:

For flights, lazing by the pool or on your balcony, try the "No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series by Alexander McCall Smith. There are five in the series, each quite small. Not "serious crime" by any means, but beautifully written perceptive books with a very light touch. Ideal for reading a bit of, then dozing off, then picking up again!

For something really meaty, Barbara Kingsolver's "Poisonwood Bible" or Anita Diamant's "The Red Tent" are stunning books. (IMHO!)

Vivienne

Archived