Would love to try to answer as many St.Maarten questions as possible...

Been to Sint Maarten/St. Martin several times. Favourite beach is definitely Mullet Bay, near MaHo. Barely no one bothers you to buy things, there are a few lolos (locals barbecueing amazing ribs and chicken on the beach). Beach is never busy; view of flights coming in to land; crystal clear water - pure paradise!

Don't bother with taxis - much cheaper to jump on a local bus. Just wave one down, pay a dollar, and yell stop when you want to get off.

And Sun Set Beach Bar at the MaHo beach is a must to watch the planes come in, especially Air France and Corsair jumbojets. And while there, try a Guavaberry colada - can only get this on St. Martin as the guavaberry only grows there.

Enjoy.

maria

Thanks for info, I am looking forward to trying my first guavaberry colada in Sept!!!

Fire away. I have been living in St.Maarten for 21 years and know the place pretty well. I will try to help as much as possible, because even though I know a lot, I don't know everything. ;)

We are doing the Americas Cup excursion in the morning and want to see the island in the afternoon. What do you think of the "Under Two Flags" type tours that spend about four hours touring the island? It will be our first time on St. Maarten, let alone the Caribbean. We want to see the highlights, but realize time is very limited and nothing will be in much depth. Hopefully we will come back someday and have more time.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife went shopping in snoopy_leogirl's father's shop on Front street, almost directly across from the entrance to Old Street. When checking out, my wife mentioned we had read snoopy's postings on cruise critic...the young lady was very excited because she was snoopy_leogirl! She says she has been very busy working and hadn't been on cc in a long time. If you get the chance, go visit.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm coming to St. Maarten in November as one of the ports of call during a honeymoon cruise. I am looking for a very romantic trip and was wondering what I could do in St. Maarten that would be romantic. Could anyone help me please?

Thanks.

My wife went shopping in snoopy_leogirl's father's shop on Front street, almost directly across from the entrance to Old Street. When checking out, my wife mentioned we had read snoopy's postings on cruise critic...the young lady was very excited because she was snoopy_leogirl! She says she has been very busy working and hadn't been on cc in a long time. If you get the chance, go visit.

What is the name of the shop?

Does anyone know what time the shops on Front St close? We are in port at St. Martin from noon - 9pm on our next cruise.

We usually arrive in the morning, shop as soon as the stores open, then go to the beach. This time we will want to go to the beach first, then shop. I just want to make sure we can do that and still have sufficient time to shop.

We will be traveling in January 2008 and just love this island! We always chartered a sailboat before, but now are restricted to the cruise line times. Our favorite restaurant is "Calmos" in Grand Case. We are concerned that with our time limitation from 10am to 5pm, we may not be able to make it from Phillipsburg and back. Do you think a taxi would be the best way and hopefully have the same driver pick us up in a few hours? Also, there was a great better t shirt store in Grand Case near the dinghy pier, can't remember the name, but the shirts say "Peer". Any clue if it's still there?

Thanks for your inside information.

I am trying to decide between Divi and Dawn Beaches. Seeking the best snorkeling experience. I was at Pinel Isle 2 years ago during high wind and waves so it was a bust.

What facilities are available at Dawn Beach?

Thank you,

Soulpony

Snoopy Leogirl--we leave July 29th (cruise) and go to St. Martin. We want to go to Loterie Farm-do the Zipline thingy :) Do you know if we HAVE to schedule it in advance? I've tried the website-no luck. I've tried calling-no luck. Do you know how much it costs?

We're going to rent a car, do Loterie Farm, Orient Beach and try Moho Beach if possible. Wow, you're wonderful for answering questions. Thanks!

What is the name of the shop?

Does anyone know what time the shops on Front St close? We are in port at St. Martin from noon - 9pm on our next cruise.

We usually arrive in the morning, shop as soon as the stores open, then go to the beach. This time we will want to go to the beach first, then shop. I just want to make sure we can do that and still have sufficient time to shop.

I emailed Ballerina jewelers a few months back & was told 6pm.

Jonmar and Snoopy Leogirl,

We were going to go to Divi because we read that it was not a nude beach. After reading so much good information about Mullet Bay we are considering it. Is it a nude beach? Will we see just topless or all nude, like Orient?

Jonmar and Snoopy Leogirl,

We were going to go to Divi because we read that it was not a nude beach. After reading so much good information about Mullet Bay we are considering it. Is it a nude beach? Will we see just topless or all nude, like Orient?

Mullet Bay is my favorite beach. This beach is topless but not nude..

How much further is Mullet Bay from Little Divi Bay?

What is the beach like at Mullet Bay? What services are available there?

Mullet Bay is a beach that more locals go to. It has a stand there call Rosie's that have some good ribs, chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers. You can buy beer for around $3. It's very peaceful. You don't get a lot of cruise ship passengers there. I have taken other CC members with me and they didn't won't to leave. I think a beach chairs is around $10 but I could be wrong. After the beach you can stop by Sunset Beach Bar and watch the planes come in and have another beer. I have never been to Little Diva.

Mullet Bay is a beach that more locals go to. It has a stand there call Rosie's that have some good ribs, chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers. You can buy beer for around $3. It's very peaceful. You don't get a lot of cruise ship passengers there. I have taken other CC members with me and they didn't won't to leave. I think a beach chairs is around $10 but I could be wrong. After the beach you can stop by Sunset Beach Bar and watch the planes come in and have another beer. I have never been to Little Diva.

Are there any water sport rentals available at Mullet Bay?

Hello,

Do you recall the name of the shop ? I'd love to visit!

Thanks!

We are arriving in St Maarten on the Explorer of the Seas on Nov 14, 2007. We will be there from 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM. This is an extremely odd time period for a port of call so I was wondering what would be the best options available for this period of time.

Do the shops in Philipsburg stay open later when there is a ship in port past 5:00 PM? What other options would be a good take? We did the America's Cup Regatta last year and even though we had a fantastic time, do not think we will do it again this year.

I wanted to go to Maho Beach but my research has already indicated that even if we can make it there right after docking the best I can hope for before it gets dark is 1 flight landing and maybe 3 taking off. That is definitely not worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!!! Do you have any suggestions about activities/beaches that a 4 year old would like??? We're thinking about DIVI beach....any other suggesions? We'll be in St Martin in August!!! Thanks for your help!!

:)

Archived