Would love to try to answer as many St.Maarten questions as possible...

How far from the pier is Orient beach and Maho beach. Is the shopping near the pier? Thanks.

Orient Beach is on the opposite side of the island. I think it takes about 20 minutes to get there. I am not sure about Maho. I will try to find the map to link it for you.

Town is just a short walk (maybe 1/4 mile) or a short water taxi ride away from the pier. There is a LOT of shopping along the waterfront and on Front Street. There is some shopping at the pier.

My turn: We'll be in St. Martin in October. Assuming the ship won't do it for us, where can we get our passport stamped? We'll be on Oasis, docking in Phillipsburg. We'll also be heading over to Marigot, if possible - should we try where the ferry leaves for Anguilla? Thanks.

My turn: We'll be in St. Martin in October. Assuming the ship won't do it for us, where can we get our passport stamped? We'll be on Oasis, docking in Phillipsburg. We'll also be heading over to Marigot, if possible - should we try where the ferry leaves for Anguilla? Thanks.

Hi,

I'm trying to rent from the Budget Car Rental location at the cruise port. We have rented from them for the past 5 years and have always received good service and reasonable rates. However, we will be in port this year on Saturday, February 20th(change in Carnival Victory's itinerary) and the Budget website lists this location as closed on Saturdays. I e-mailed their customer support department and received a response indicating that this location would, indeed, open on this particular Saturday as there will now be two ships in port. Their website still will not accept reservations, and I have had no support when calling Budget. They simply told me to make the international call to that location. They wouldn't even supply me with an e-mail address. Would it be possible for you to contact this location(Budget at the Cruise Ship Pier) and ask for an e-mail address so I can contact them directly? Perhaps you could also mention that reservations cannot be made on the Budget website. Thanks for any assistance you can offer. I truly appreciate it.

we will be in St.Maarten late February

I would like to leave the ship head for Orient beach then Marigot then Philipsburg

My question is if I get off the boat right around 8am what kind of timetable would be suggested to get back for a 5pm departure ?

we just want to do some beach (mostly) , shopping sample the food a bit and snap some pictures

We are going on a catamaran all day and visiting Titamare Island, Grand Case Village and Bae Rouge has anyone heard of these?

We went to Bae Rouge in 2006. It is a lovely beach that is not crowded. A small bar and grill (Gus's is the name) is located near the entry point. In fact, my avatar is a picture from Bae Rouge.

We are going on a catamaran all day and visiting Titamare Island, Grand Case Village and Bae Rouge has anyone heard of these?

Sounds like a lovely day. I have never been to Tintamere Island but I really enjoy Grand Case. Just a little note from someone with wonderful and terrifying memories of Baie Rouge. There can be crazy waves just out of the blue. We did not experience this in previous visits to the island but in 2006 we had a near tragic run in with a wave here. It is a gorgeous beach but this is a heads up to be ready for a big surprise wave.

So my question is on travel time. The itinerary says Disney Magic docks at 7:45am and leaves at 6:30pm. Plans are to stop by Orient Bay and do Bayside horseback riding at 9am. Orient Bay afterward for a while. Then I'd love to experience the Maho airport beach. If travel time from docks to Orient Bay is about 30 minutes, how far is it from Orient Bay to Maho? And then from Maho back to the dock?

I have a favorite jewelry store where I always shop in St. Maarten. I will be there in February. I email them and let them know what pieces I will be shopping and they have them there for me - saves lots of time. I have misplaced the business card. Any idea where I can get a list of the shops on Front Street? Also, what time do the shops open?

although this is a cruise site, do you have a suggestion regarding a motel or condo for a weeks stay in St. Martin. we would like to stay on or near orient beach. also, what time of year would be the best in regard to the most reasonable rates. thank you so much for you help.

Can you tell me who you are doing the catamaran tour with. We will be in St. Martin on the Oasis the first week of October and thought about snorkeling but this sounds interesting as two of the group does not care to snorkel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having trouble finding weekday (catholic) mass times on the Island. Specifically, one not too far from Pinel Island between 7a-3pm on a Thursday. Any help would be appreciated:)

p.s. I already have the website for St. Martin of Tours and have checked masstimes.org.

I have read that there are many hiking trails on St. Martin / St. Marteeen, can you walkoff the cruise ship at the port and go on a hike on your own?

I think the $50 per person for the shore excursion to go on a hike is rediculous when there must be trails near the port on such a small island.

Thanks for any input.

You folks do realize this is a thread from YEARS ago that was somehow brought to the top. The OP hasn't been around for some time. The last activity on Crusie Critic by the OP was February 2010. You may get an answer to your question here, but probably not.

We are arriving on the Allure and would like to know if there are any excursions thatcan be booked off the ship. How expensive would it be to get to Orient Beach. How long a trip is it.

You can easily take a taxi to Orient Beach. There is an organized taxi stand with dispatchers who will match people up into shared cabs when there are enough people there (which will definitely be the case for you if you're getting off the Allure). Cab rates will be posted on a sign there and rates to Orient last time ranged from an $18 cab minimum for one or 2 people down as low as $6/pp in a shared cab with enough people. Those rates are each way and the trip is something like 20 min (can't remember exactly).

On Orient Beach the places towards the south end of the beach, just outside the Clothing Optional area, are the least expensive and you can usually rent chairs there for something like $15 for two chairs including a drink each. We usually hang out at Kakao further up the beach and the rates there are $20 for two chairs and an umbrella. Food prices are all over the place from cheap burgers to expensive lobster and french food - walk around and look at the menus before choosing a place to eat and sitting down.

Archived