Miami hotels

emen822

On priceline.com

saturday night in december pre cruise for $155 + tax, 1.9 miles from port, rated 4 stars ($219 + tax is the best rate available for this night on their website net savings $64) The savings should cover our transfers from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and to the port.

I'll post when when we return how it turns out

http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

RCCL Freedom of the seas here we come, great deal $699 cruise

We stayed one night at Holiday Inn 10/5....24 dollar taxi ride from MIA;

Great room -- opened curtains in the am and there was the Navigator !

Beautiful site.... walked to Walgreens (4 blocks or so) and stocked up on cruise supply necessities.... then taxi to the port - about 14 dollars I think, including tip.

We had room 911 -- ask for it !!! Great suite type room - corner room... paid $110.00 plus tax - booked it in advance on line with a no cancellation policy!

Intercontinental Hotel looked very nice a few blocks away also.

BaySide Marketplace is across the street -- walked there for dinner, lots of activity ..but although others have commented on the noise from the street/marketplace/and elevators, we had no difficulty with any of that.

Also, the concierge will hold your bags if you check out and don't want to go straight to the pier immediately.

We're staying at the River Park Inn & Suites, formally known as the Clarion...Hopefully it's Ok...LOL

They offer a shuttle to the pier for $ 5.00 per person...

If anyone is interested the closest car rental to the pier with free shuttle is Hertz...

Embassy suites at the airport has a cruise package with RT airport transportation and fee transportation to the port - or from the port if you are staying there post-cruise. Have stayed there in past (not cruising that time though) and it's a decent Embassy Suite. The free breakfast is added bonus.

Enjoy a pre or post cruise stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel® Miami International Airport, just 10 minutes from the Port of Miami. Package includes a spacious two-room suite, daily cooked-to-order breakfast, nightly Manager's Reception, round trip airport transfers, and one-way transfers to or from the Port of Miami. Hilton HHonors members earn Points & Miles.

This is their info from their web site.

I got this on priceline, 3 nights pre-cruise stay, 2 rooms:

Jan 4-7, 2007, $85.00 per night - total $510.00 plus $82.50 taxes for a total of $592.50. There will be another couple staying in our room with us and sharing expenses so our share of bill will be about $150.00. Which I'm please with, but what concerns me is there is not alot of post about this Hotel on CC, which I read faithfully, but rarely post (sorry). We will be on the Valor for my husbands birthday (1-7). Anyone have the good, the bad or the ugly about this hotel?

Thanks,

BOL4taz

bolt4taz - I called the Wyndham to inquire about a room next October before our Freedom cruise. The front desk told me that they will be renovating the hotel starting either late this year or early next year (could not tell me exactly when). She said that they must warn us that the hotel could be under construction and they are definitely renovating the pool, so the pool could be closed. Sorry, that is all I know. The trouble with finding hotels in Miami is that either the hotel you are looking at is under construction or the hotel next door - there is so much construction everywhere! Hopefully it will work out for you. I always look for reviews on trip advisor, expedia, travelocity, yahoo and also frommers too.

Canuck

I got this on priceline, 3 nights pre-cruise stay, 2 rooms:

Jan 4-7, 2007, $85.00 per night - total $510.00 plus $82.50 taxes for a total of $592.50. There will be another couple staying in our room with us and sharing expenses so our share of bill will be about $150.00. Which I'm please with, but what concerns me is there is not alot of post about this Hotel on CC, which I read faithfully, but rarely post (sorry). We will be on the Valor for my husbands birthday (1-7). Anyone have the good, the bad or the ugly about this hotel?

Thanks,

BOL4taz

We will be staying there in less than two weeks one night pre-cruise. I will be sure to post a review when we return. If they have computer I can get to before then, I will post then. :)

CSK - you have stayed at the Hyatt near the port - can you see the ships come in from this hotel?

We are booked on a cruise 12/10 and I haven't purchased airfare yet - ugh. There is a great rate on spirit from chicago to lauderdale ($129 rt) but transportation to miami will be expensive. Should I just book into Miami at double the price? What to do, what to do????? Anyone have any insight on cheaper transport?? Thanks!

There are no "one-way" drop off fees with most if not all of the major car rental agencies in Florida. (That applies dropping off within the state, outside the state all bets are off).

This is MOSTLY accurate - I don't know if it's a new policy or not, but when we called Enterprise this week, there is a $50 one way rental fee added to all one-way rentals. So far, they are the only ones we have found that are charging this. :( Hopefully the others won't follow suit.

Hi all, I just got they hyatt for our upcoming cruise (in a couple of weeks). Got it for 70 plus tax. It's only for one night. can anybody tell me how far it is from bayside? Can we walk from the hyatt?

The Hyatt is literally 5 minutes away by car from the Hyatt. You can definately walk to Bayside although I suggest taking a cab at night.

Is there a hotel on the beach that has views of the port to watch the ships come in? Looking at a map, it appears there are some beach hotels on the easterly coast across from the port but I can't tell how far that actually is from the port? Looks like you'd have to take a cab across to the west side to board the ships. If anyone can help me with this, it would make my day! I am not much for the downtown area but may have to settle?? :cool:

Is there a hotel on the beach that has views of the port to watch the ships come in? Looking at a map, it appears there are some beach hotels on the easterly coast across from the port but I can't tell how far that actually is from the port? Looks like you'd have to take a cab across to the west side to board the ships. If anyone can help me with this, it would make my day! I am not much for the downtown area but may have to settle?? :cool:

There really aren't any hotels that can give you a good view of the port are or ships coming in. Most of the buildings you see from the channel or facing that vicinity are condo's.

That would be the ultimate to be able to spend the day before on the beach and still have the views of the ships in the morning. We do have a room at the Hyatt for one day but the reviews that I am reading make it sound very "congested" there. Still need another hotel night, thinking of maybe the Holiday Inn Port, would like the Intercontinental but not sure if it would be worth it.

this is a great thread...very helpfull

we are going on rc freedom may 27,07

my husband booked the TRUMP SONESTA beach resort for saturday night..

if anyone can please tell me if we are anywhere near where we need to be??:D

the hotel looks awesome..but, how are we doing on location from the airport and the pier??

thanks

this is a great thread...very helpfull

we are going on rc freedom may 27,07

my husband booked the TRUMP SONESTA beach resort for saturday night..

if anyone can please tell me if we are anywhere near where we need to be??:D

the hotel looks awesome..but, how are we doing on location from the airport and the pier??

thanks

The Trump Sonesta is in North Miami Beach....not exactly close to South Beach or the port. With that said it is a very nice area with very nice beaches but more laid back and quiet. There is a great shopping mall close by called Aventura and lots of places to buy soda's, water, etc..as well as restaurants.

Archived