Miami hotels

emen822

The savings should cover our transfers from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and to the port.

Can anyone advise me on getting from FLL to a hotel in Miami? Flying in on 4/25 for 4/26 X Century Trans Atl and need to find best way to do this. Haven't booked a Miami hotel yet, wondered if any of them have shuttle from FLL to their hotel?

Thanks,

deanna

CSK - you have stayed at the Hyatt near the port - can you see the ships come in from this hotel?

We are booked on a cruise 12/10 and I haven't purchased airfare yet - ugh. There is a great rate on spirit from chicago to lauderdale ($129 rt) but transportation to miami will be expensive. Should I just book into Miami at double the price? What to do, what to do????? Anyone have any insight on cheaper transport?? Thanks!

We used supershuttle from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale. If supershuttle operates in both directions, it might be worth giving them a try (www.supershuttle.com)

Can anyone advise me on getting from FLL to a hotel in Miami? Flying in on 4/25 for 4/26 X Century Trans Atl and need to find best way to do this. Haven't booked a Miami hotel yet, wondered if any of them have shuttle from FLL to their hotel?Thanks, deanna

Not aware of any hotels in Miami that offer shuttle from FLL.

Shared ride shuttle service is available from FLL to any hotel in downtown Miami for $18 per person. Reservations are not necessary.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

However I decided to pay extra for the air into Miami - $264 pp. We are staying at the Hyatt - won a bid on priceline for $65. I haven't really seen the best reviews for this hotel but it's a done deal now. They are indicating you are able to see the ships in the port from the hotel but I have heard otherwise. Oh well - just looking forward to a vaca!!

Is there a hotel on the beach that has views of the port to watch the ships come in? Looking at a map, it appears there are some beach hotels on the easterly coast across from the port but I can't tell how far that actually is from the port? Looks like you'd have to take a cab across to the west side to board the ships. If anyone can help me with this, it would make my day! I am not much for the downtown area but may have to settle?? :cool:

There is a review on Trip Advisor that said the reviewer asked for a room on the highest floor of the Holiday Inn Port of miami hotel and could see the cruise ships from her room.

We are staying one pre and one post at Sheraton Miami Mart. Any info on that would be very much appreciated:)

As far as things to do the hotel is located in a bad place. There is nothing to do in that area. The only thing close by is either International Mall or Dolphin Mall both of which you would need a cab to get there at the very least.

The hotel is also far from the port, about 30 minutes away.

I would suggest a different hotel depending on what kinds of activities you are intersted in.

The savings should cover our transfers from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and to the port.

Can anyone advise me on getting from FLL to a hotel in Miami? Flying in on 4/25 for 4/26 X Century Trans Atl and need to find best way to do this. Haven't booked a Miami hotel yet, wondered if any of them have shuttle from FLL to their hotel?

Thanks,

deanna

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale this Saturday and going to Miami. We are using Ft. Lauderdale airport shuttle. If you just need to transfer to the pier-there is a stand outside the terminal and you just go up to them and tell them you need to get to the pier in Miami-you will not have to wait more than 30 minutes-it was great and I think the cost was $25.00-30 per person.

We are transferring to the Marriott in Miami at Biscayne Bay and we are paying $29.00 per person and that includes tax and tip and it directly to the hotel.

If you do a search on yahoo-ft lauderdale-miami shuttle you get transfer information.

Claudiaj

We have about 10 hours post-cruise before we have to head to the airport for our flight home. I've been to Miami many times and am not interested in touring or shopping. I'd like to find a hotel where we can chill out for the day - maybe relax at the pool or beach. I know the Fountainbleau used to offer daily rentals of the poolside cabanas, but the pool is closed for renovations. Anyone know of other Miami beach hotels offering similar deals? Checking in to a hotel for a day doesn't make much sense, since most hotels don't allow check-in until midday and we would need to head out by 4:30PM.

Thanks

I booked a "day rate" at the Fortune House for $89.00 for a 1 bedroom apt/condo. Most of the beach area hotels were booked or wanted full rate for the day. I needed a room to do some tourist stuff, eat and take a break before my flight. They are letting me check-in @ 10:00a and check out @ 6:30pm. I called the hotel and booked directly with them.

Fortune House Miami 305-349-5200

We live in North Florida and will be driving down. I have heard that some hotels will allow you to park at the hotel while you are on your cruise as long as you stay the night before. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Trying to get the $65 deal on priceline. What options are you guys choosing? I have been trying for days. Need hotel on 12/2

Also interested in shuttles to Miami from FLL. And a day pass on 12/10.

have you also tried hotwire? After weeks of getting rejected up to $95 on priceline, I found a 4* airport on hotwire for $78. Ended up being the Intercontinental airport, west.

We live in North Florida and will be driving down. I have heard that some hotels will allow you to park at the hotel while you are on your cruise as long as you stay the night before. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

In addition to the hotels listed in this link: http://www.parksleepfly.com/reservation/index.php?referredBy=5200&trackID=

you can park at the Sleep Inn in Dania as well.

I just checked hotwire out and I see that. Are you just taking a taxi to the port? I was trying to get a bit closer, but maybe that is the best deal to be had.

The Intercontinental west has a free shuttle to and from the airport, so you could take the shuttle to the airport, then pick up a taxi there to save some money. I'm leaning toward renting a car so I'm looking for a car rental that will drop us at the port when we return the car.

The Intercontinental west has a free shuttle to and from the airport, so you could take the shuttle to the airport, then pick up a taxi there to save some money. I'm leaning toward renting a car so I'm looking for a car rental that will drop us at the port when we return the car.

Let me know if you find a rental car company that will do that, as I also will be meeting up with my Sister and BIL and we could share the cost of the car rental.

Oops my mistake those hotels are in FLL, but the infor on transport is good. Also saw this posted on another board from a few years ago. Be sure to confirm it, but this is what they are saying.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=5891&

Rent a car from Thrifty or Alamo. Both companies will shuttle you from the Miami airport facility to the port of Miami when you drop off the car. The added bonus is the fact that in Florida, there are no drop off charges for rental cars. It applies to all car rentals as long as both the pickup and dropoff city are within the state. You may want to look around the net for various coupon codes, discounts etc.....

I happened to book a convertible in South Florida for $36/day after linking directly from Delta's website to Thrifty for a pre-cruise over Labor Day Weekend. (Economy cars were $24) In the end, just find a rate/car class you are comfortable with, and don't worry about a drop-off charge, because there will not be one!

As far as things to do the hotel is located in a bad place. There is nothing to do in that area. The only thing close by is either International Mall or Dolphin Mall both of which you would need a cab to get there at the very least.

The hotel is also far from the port, about 30 minutes away.

I would suggest a different hotel depending on what kinds of activities you are intersted in.

I switched hotels, I went to priceline and got the Hyatt Miami (downtown) for 100.00. Quoted price on line 259.00 so hopefully that will be better what do you think? ANy experience with that one?

Archived