Miami hotels

emen822

I am reading a lot of bad reviews regarding the Hyatt Regency on 400 SE. Just booked 2 nights pre-cruise for January. Just how bad is this hotel??? How does it compare with the Hyatt at Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale.

Hi there we had this hotel last april 1/06 for pre cruise got it through priceline for $90 had the 25 floor great view no problems nice hotel even got to check in early:)

I know the Holiday Inn is across the street from Bayside Marketplace but are there any other hotels right there?

I knoe I've seen post where the people talk about looking out on the cruise ships and walking to Bayside for dinner but I can't seem to find which hotels they are. Need one for a couple nights pre cruise next month.

Hi: All of the hotels that I listed in the post above are within 5 minutes of the port (driving time). The HOliday Inn and Intercontinental are within walking distance of Bayside. You can definately get great views from the Intercontinental but you would have to be on a higher floor in the Holiday Inn. You can also get views of the cruise ships from the Radisson but its no within walking distance from Bayside.

Hi: All of the hotels that I listed in the post above are within 5 minutes of the port (driving time). The HOliday Inn and Intercontinental are within walking distance of Bayside. You can definately get great views from the Intercontinental but you would have to be on a higher floor in the Holiday Inn. You can also get views of the cruise ships from the Radisson but its no within walking distance from Bayside.

So, these are within walking distance of the Bayside Marketplace and things to do for a day?:

*Courtyard Marriot

*Hyatt

*Holiday Inn POrt of Miami

*Intercontinental

So, these are within walking distance of the Bayside Marketplace and things to do for a day?:

*Courtyard Marriot

*Hyatt

*Holiday Inn POrt of Miami

*Intercontinental

Yes, The Hyatt and Courtyard Marriot would be a couple of blocks, but nothing out of this world.....The IC is literally next to Bayside and the Holiday Inn as right across the street.

You can get to Bayside for a day of shopping, restaurants and you can take some tours from Bayside. As for other stuff like the beach or the Grove you would have to consider alternative transportation.

Yes, The Hyatt and Courtyard Marriot would be a couple of blocks, but nothing out of this world.....The IC is literally next to Bayside and the Holiday Inn as right across the street.

You can get to Bayside for a day of shopping, restaurants and you can take some tours from Bayside. As for other stuff like the beach or the Grove you would have to consider alternative transportation.

You have been such a huge help. Thank you so much. Walking is defintely not an issue for us. We're planning on staying just one night pre-cruise, taking taxi from airport to hotel and then hotel to pier.

You have been such a huge help. Thank you so much. Walking is defintely not an issue for us. We're planning on staying just one night pre-cruise, taking taxi from airport to hotel and then hotel to pier.

No problem at all!! Your taxi expense should be very minimal with the bulk of it coming from the airport ride into downtown to your hotel. Other than, the ride to the pier is short and sweet :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy Bayside...its a fun touristy place....make sure to check out the Hard Rock Cafe!

Thanks much lmndrop, The Intercontinental appeals to me but the Holiday Inn is half as much.....now I just have to over rule the cheapness in me.

Hey, my pleasure!! The IC is a great hotel. I've stayed there several times and the rooms are REALLY nice, the bathrooms are VERY spacious and if you get a room with a view of the port you can see the boats docked clearly. Have you tried Priceline for the IC? I've heard many people on these boards getting the IC for $70 - $80.

In the end of the day my motto is, I'm on vacation....I'll deal with it when I get back ($$). :cool:

No problem at all!! Your taxi expense should be very minimal with the bulk of it coming from the airport ride into downtown to your hotel. Other than, the ride to the pier is short and sweet :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy Bayside...its a fun touristy place....make sure to check out the Hard Rock Cafe!

Will do. Looking forward to April. Took another poster's advice on another thread, and reserved a room at the Holiday Inn. It's more than we wanted to spend. May try to get a lower price on a bidding site later but at least I know we have a confirmed room for now.

Have you tried Priceline for the IC? I've heard many people on these boards getting the IC for $70 - $80.

In the end of the day my motto is, I'm on vacation....I'll deal with it when I get back ($$). :cool:

Unfortunately Priceline doesn't work in Canada. I'm not aware of any similar sites that do work.

I think I'll bite the bullet and bookthe Intercontinental, like you said, deal with it when you get home:D

Unfortunately Priceline doesn't work in Canada. I'm not aware of any similar sites that do work.

I think I'll bite the bullet and bookthe Intercontinental, like you said, deal with it when you get home:D

Our friends book through Priceline for cruises & resorts.... not sure how they do it if they don't deal with Canada.

Have you tried Hotwire ?

Have you heard how the best western beach resort on collins-south miami beach is?

clean?

We are flying in 2 days prior to our cruise and we have booked there.

Also is it fairly close to the port?

Thanks

Trudy

Are you talking about the Thunderbird Best Western on the beach? If you are that's up there on Collins. Not really close to the port at all. Its an all right hotel. I've looked to stay there for weekend getaways in the past and it really hasn't appealed to me. But I've never stayed there, only passed by it.

I am Canadian. I always use Priceline. I got an American Express Card for that purpose only. If you look at Bidding for Travel, they explain how to put your address in, if you live outside of the US.

I have been very successful on Priceline and have saved a lot of money. I just got the 4* Wyndham Hotel in Miami for $100USD per night. This was for January 2007.

Good luck.:)

We're considering staying at either the LaQuinta Inn, Miami Airport East, located at 3501 N.W. Le Jeune Rd. or at the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland located at 8200 SW 70 Avenue, across from the Dadeland Mall. We don't really know anything about Miami and would appreciate any guidance from residents or anyone familiar with the city.

TIA!

We're considering staying at either the LaQuinta Inn, Miami Airport East, located at 3501 N.W. Le Jeune Rd. or at the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland located at 8200 SW 70 Avenue, across from the Dadeland Mall. We don't really know anything about Miami and would appreciate any guidance from residents or anyone familiar with the city.

TIA!

Dadeland is rather far from the port. at leas 35-40 minutes away depending on traffic. If you stay by th AP there isn't much to do unless you hve a car. it is also about 20 minutes away from he port.

We just booked the Hotel Impala in South Beach (rated number two out of all the Miami Beach hotels on Tripadvisor). It looks really nice, and it's not that far from the port -- probably a $20 cab ride away. We're just staying one night, but we really enjoy South Beach and wanted to be there for our day-before stay.

Great advise. Several years back I thougth I got a great deal at a days inn near the airport, it actually should have been called the "days cesspool from hell roach infested inn". Before you book anything, check with some of the locals on this board and also with tripadvisor.com

Gee that sounds like the same Days Inn I stayed at!!!

we are at the Hyatt downtown, got it on priceline for the second time, no shuttle, but about one mile from pier, the Hyatt and Intercontinental for a 4 star downtown on priceline, this is the third time I have used it, and got the Hyatt twice and the Intercontiental once, but never a sure thing, need to do research on betterbidding, not for everyone, but we have always been happy, won $65-75.00 .

Many thanks for your thoughts lmondrop! As I said, we don't know Miami at all so I really appreciate the input from someone who's familiar with the area. Thanks to the post by hadleys9538, I decided to check out the Hotel Impala and have reserved a room there. We're looking forward to exploring South Beach. :cool:

Archived