Miami hotels

emen822

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

A lot of the hotels offer shuttles to the pier and a taxi is probably not unreasonable if you are on that end of south beach.; There is also a couple of motels like days inn right at the pier literally you might check them out.

Baseball16

• 2 weeks later...
Hello guys

A lot of the hotels offer shuttles to the pier and a taxi is probably not unreasonable if you are on that end of south beach.; There is also a couple of motels like days inn right at the pier literally you might check them out.

Baseball16

There is no Days Inn close to the pier.

Hello guys

Baseball16

Could you share with us the names of the hotels that offer shuttles to the pier. What are the names of the motels like Days Inn by the pier? Thanks.

Hi,

Last year a taxi from the airport to Miami cost us about $25. The airport is not far from the pier, but the traffic is crazy. I don't know if we got ripped off, but that is what it cost us on Friday night and on the way back Saturday.

Teechadeb

Hi,

Last year a taxi from the airport to Miami cost us about $25. The airport is not far from the pier, but the traffic is crazy. I don't know if we got ripped off, but that is what it cost us on Friday night and on the way back Saturday.

Teechadeb

No you didn't get ripped off. It's a $24 fixed flat rate fare from MIA to Port of Miami for the ride. (not per person)

Same holds true from Port of Miami to MIA

//////////////

Just a word to the wise.....use caution when looking for inexpensive lodging in the Miami area. Even though you may have found perfectly fine rooms in the budget chains in other areas, you will likely find that the Miami version is not going to be as nice. Not trying to flame the folks in Miami, but if you check out some of the web sites that rate hotels....such as Tripadvisor.com, you will see that many of the cheaper places are pretty ratty. In a touristy area such as Miami, you will be paying higher prices for decent accommodations....unless you luck out on Priceline.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Just a word to the wise.....use caution when looking for inexpensive lodging in the Miami area. Even though you may have found perfectly fine rooms in the budget chains in other areas, you will likely find that the Miami version is not going to be as nice. Not trying to flame the folks in Miami, but if you check out some of the web sites that rate hotels....such as Tripadvisor.com, you will see that many of the cheaper places are pretty ratty. In a touristy area such as Miami, you will be paying higher prices for decent accommodations....unless you luck out on Priceline.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

This is very true...as a local don't feel flamed at all. Unless you are paying over $200 a night, its difficult to find a nice looking hotel that doesn't smell bad or look old from the 1940s.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Great advise. Several years back I thougth I got a great deal at a days inn near the airport, it actually should have been called the "days cesspool from hell roach infested inn". Before you book anything, check with some of the locals on this board and also with tripadvisor.com

If you had to choose between Holiday Inn Port of Miami or Bayside, which would it be? Will be there 04/21/2007. Would like to have things to do and/or see within walking distance of hotel.

Thanks for any advice.

If you had to choose between Holiday Inn Port of Miami or Bayside, which would it be? Will be there 04/21/2007. Would like to have things to do and/or see within walking distance of hotel.Thanks for any advice.

habby, The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. There is no Holiday Inn Bayside. ;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/miabb;jsessionid=WEZM4PSXNBGYGCTGWAISJBQKM0YBEIY4?_requestid=1074844

habby, The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. There is no Holiday Inn Bayside. ;)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/miabb;jsessionid=WEZM4PSXNBGYGCTGWAISJBQKM0YBEIY4?_requestid=1074844

Thanks so much for your response. I was getting so confused.

Sorry about the duplicate question on another post

I am reading a lot of bad reviews regarding the Hyatt Regency on 400 SE. Just booked 2 nights pre-cruise for January. Just how bad is this hotel??? How does it compare with the Hyatt at Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

My husband and I are flying into Miami three days before our cruise to look around the Miami area. What would be your advise on a hotel with parking? We will have a rental car. Also, is there any way to turn in rental at the pier?

Where were you interested in staying?

You can't return rentals at the peier but there are a few rental companies in the downtown area.

I would like to return the rented car the day before the cruise since it cannot be returned at the pier. I guess I would like downtown Miami. Is there any parking at hotels downtown?

The following hotels are in downtown and do offer parking:

*Courtyard Marriot: $15.00/Day

*Hyatt: $12.00/day No in and out or Valet service, Overnight parking $23.00/ Day. There is also an Enterprise on site at the Hyatt

*Radisson: There is valet parking, not sure what the rate is..but I'm sure close to the Hyatt's rates.

*Holiday Inn POrt of Miami: Self Parking $10.00

*Intercontinental: Valet Over night I recall being around $20.00

I know the Holiday Inn is across the street from Bayside Marketplace but are there any other hotels right there?

I knoe I've seen post where the people talk about looking out on the cruise ships and walking to Bayside for dinner but I can't seem to find which hotels they are. Need one for a couple nights pre cruise next month.

Archived