Kid's clubs-- can 12YO son go with 9YO daughter?

kpgclark

I noticed that the kid's club for my daughter is for ages 9-11. I know my daughter who will be almost 10 would like to be with my son in the same group. My son will be 12 1/2. Can he be in the group with my daughter? Can he switch back and forth from the older group to younger group?

Yes. We just had this problem too. We had 9 kids aged 8-12, with 7 of the kids being 10YO. The 12 YO was able to move down a group and the 8YO was able to move up as long as he behaved.

Be advised that you will have the option of letting them sign themselves out. That is completely up to you. We did not allow this as we were afraid they'd never find us. But, we did check on them every once in a while and also had walkie-talkies. If they wanted out, they would call us.

Enjoy.

My granddaughter who is 14 took a friend age 15 and she wasn't allowed in the 15-17 teen room and visa versa. This was on the AOS. But yet another family had a 9 yr old daughter that was allowed in the 12-14 age group because ( her parents quoted) she was too mature for the younger group. My gd did try to get in to the 15-17 and was stopped because her name was not on the manifest for that age group. I spoke with the counselor but they would not allow her to be with her friend. Guess its different rules for different pax. I didn't want to make trouble so I didn't ask how the 9 yr old was in the 12-14 group. Good Luck!

My daughter turned 12 two days after we got off of Mariner last June, and they had no problem at all letting her in with the 12-14 year olds. I took her up to the AO area on the first night, talked to the counselors working there, and they said they would monitor her, and if didn't work out they would move her down.

Go to kids club manager on the first night and speak to them. Explain your situation. I would want the same thing if we sail again next year. My kids are used to being together so they should not be seperated on vacation.

You could also give RCCL a call. They won's say forsure until they evaluate the child. They are more willing to move a child down than up.

Archived