Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 2 weeks later...

You never know about Priceline. I bid on a hotel in NYC for next June and got a hit:

Date: 3 June -- 5 June 2011

Number of Nights: 2

Hotel: Club Quarters Midtown (40 W. 45th Street)

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Area: Midtown West

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $115

Taxes and Fees: $27.25

Total for one night: $142.75

Total for two nights: $$285.50

Good Luck!

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3* Jolly Madison Tower Hotel, December 18, 2010 for 1 night; $124 + priceline fees & taxes.

It gets pretty mixed reviews on tripadvisor, but it looks to be a convenient location, it is only 1 night and at $100 off the going rate on the hotel's website, I'm OK with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Bid on a 4* hotel in NY day b4 yesterday which was not accepted (details below). Exactly 24 hours later I received an email from Priceline suggesting I try the exact same bid again! I did - and it was accepted!

Date: Sept 24, 2011

Number of Nights: 3

Hotel: Algonquin - Autograph Collection (59 W. 44th Street)

Rating: 4 stars

Area: Midtown West

Winning Bid: $195

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to use priceline to get their room and been able to leave their car at the hotel for their cruise?

I can get a great deal for my room on priceline at the hotel we are considering but I'm concerned that their will be an issue with leaving our car there for the 9 days we will be away.

• 2 weeks later...

In october 2009 i placed a bid of $49.00 for a 31/2 star in jersey city. Westin grabbed it!!! What a lovelyhotel. We did have to hire a car to get from airport and to get to the pier the next day. Total for car was $80.00. We didn't save, i guess, but it was a wonderful hotel...also, it was friday evening so all business people had deserted area of the westin.

I am 78 - and if i can "bid" anybody can do it. Happy sails, marydallas go steelers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just booked the Boston Sheraton Hotel on Priceline at $95.00 per night for June 25 through 27, 2011. I started bidding at $86.00 for 3 1/2 stars and Copley Square/Back Bay or Quincy/Financial. Went up $1.00 per day until yesterday when my $95.00 bid was accepted.

• 1 month later...

Date: Aug. 31- Sept. 3 2011

Number of Nights: 3

Hotel: Warwick Hotel

Rating: 4 stars

Area: Midtown West/Times Square

Winning Bid: $190

Not sure if it's a good hotel. Not the one I was aiming for but the price listed per night on other sites is $390-$430/ night so I guess it's a good price.

• 2 months later...

I used a promo coupon link from Priceline ($5/nt added to bid; required 3 nights minimum) and won the following for 2 rooms:

Sheraton Boston 3.5*

8/3/11 - 8/5/11

$90/nt (Priceline upped my bid to $95/nt since they supplied the extra $5/nt)

I bid Copley area only, 3.5* and won THIS time on the first bid. I had been trying unsuccessfully on and off for weeks to get this area under $100/nt.

Thanks to 138east for all the valuable hotel and Boston tourist info!

Edited by aussieg3
Error in date

Hyatt Harborside Boston

4*

8/7/11 - 2 rooms

Boston Loagan Airport area

$109/nt

Bidding strategy:

Bid $95 - 4* Airport zone - lost

Bid $98 - added Copley - lost

Bid $100 - added Waterfront - lost

Bid $103 - added the other water one (Harborside?) - lost

--- somewhere on one of these bids I also added 3.5*

Bid $105 - added Fenway - lost

Bid $109 - added South Boston - finally won the Hyatt Harborside in the airport region

Happy with price and hotel. Easy access back to plane on our last day in Boston.

Thanks again to 138east for all the valuable hotel and tourist info.

• 4 weeks later...

Bid 4 star Waterfront location. From readings here on Search, it is almost always Westin. The only other 4 star is Seaport. Have been monitoring priceline bids and getting $150 bids accepted so thought I would try a bit lower and WOW!!!!! Got it. Just got another email from Priceline with a winning bid of $137/night. Called Westin to make sure it went through and Yes- we are booked. Hope this helps.

Bid 4 star Waterfront location. From readings here on Search, it is almost always Westin. The only other 4 star is Seaport. Have been monitoring priceline bids and getting $150 bids accepted so thought I would try a bit lower and WOW!!!!! Got it. Just got another email from Priceline with a winning bid of $137/night. Called Westin to make sure it went through and Yes- we are booked. Hope this helps.

Yes it helps. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...