Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

$65.00 bid accepted for a Friday night in June at 3 1/2 star Crowne Plaza Laguardia. After reading some of the hotel reviews, not so sure if this is a bargain or not. But, we fly in very late and will be out early the next am to sightsee, so it will probably work just fine. Gives us more money to spend on the cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Bid accepted for a 4 star hotel in the Times Square/Theater District on July 25 for $140 (about $175 with taxes). It is the Marriott Renaisssance Times Square, normally priced at $299 per night. TripAdvisor.com even gives it 5 stars. I'm thrilled!

• 3 weeks later...

Priceline winning bid:

Nov 4-7 2010

3* Admiral Fell Inn/Baltimore Inner Harbor

bid accepted at 48.00 per night for 3nights

total 172.56 (144.00 +taxes and fees 28.56)

I was totally shocked when my bid was accepted. Especially because it is over 5 months away!

Normally I may try several months before our trip, but never win a bid until a month or so before the date we need. (I just think it's fun trying so I start long before the date we need)

I started out bidding for a 3.5 star near BWI. I started at 45.00 which was not accepted.

Next I lowered it to a 3*, didn't change the zone but up the price to 47.00. This also was not accepted. Next I added Inner Harbor and up the price 1$ to 48.00. This was accepted! I never expected to get Inner Harbor at that price even though I did see a couple of people did get that same hotel for a few dollars a night more. But 5 months in advance...unbelieveable!!!

From what I've read we will be charged 10.00 more per night at the hotel. Although this is not mentioned on the winning bid confirmation. I'm only going by what I have read here on cruise critic. Even though I don't agree with an extra charge (for what?) I am still very happy with the price I got for this area. Plus this hotel gets good reviews on Trip Advisor! It's rated #4 of 70 hotels for popularity!:)

After trying to get a good price for a 4 star in the Inner Harbor area, we finally settled on a 3 star - got Radisson Lord Baltimore for $68 for June 15 - 18. Hope it is a good deal and good hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

I scored 2 rooms at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale for $50 each ($119.88 total). My first bid was a 3 star for $45 in the Airport area. Priceline countered with a $55 rebid. I added the Airport North, bumped the price to $50, and Viola!

I scored 2 rooms at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale for $50 each ($119.88 total). My first bid was a 3 star for $45 in the Airport area. Priceline countered with a $55 rebid. I added the Airport North, bumped the price to $50, and Viola!

I just got "dinged" on another board for not posting the date. It's for December 5, 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

Date: November 13, 2010

Number of nights: 1 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa Hollywood, Fl

Rating: 4 star

Area: Hollywood Beach Area

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $100

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.84

Site was listing room@ $310

Should have probably started lower as bid was accepted on first try! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

W Ft. Lauderdale

11/6/10 - One Night

$100.00 + tax

This is not really the hotel I was looking for. I wanted one on SE 17 close to the cruise terminal. I put in a number of different combinations in Ft. Lauderdale areas.

I guess this is supposed to be a good hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

Won: Riverside Hotel

Dates: Feb 16-18 2011 2 nights

Winning bid $89 per night + tax total= $208.

Tried 4 stars Downtown at $100,rejected.

Rebid w/ 3 1/2 and 3 stars Downtown at $89.

Website for least expensive room is $239 a night plus tax. Very happy with win. Stayed here last year for the first time(Priceline win). Nice hotel,close to Port.

Didn't think I would get any hits as Feb. is about 6 months away.

• 4 weeks later...