Priceline

Norfolk, VA

3.5 stars

Downtown

Bid: $50.00

ACCEPTED

Total: $65.20

Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel:D

We stayed here!! Very nice hotel and location right on the water. Last summer when we were there, mitt romney was also staying there.

• 3 weeks later...

Date: May 22, 2013 - May 26, 2013

Number of nights: 4

Hotel: Boston Park Plaza

Rating: 3.5 stars

Area: Boston Common/Theater District

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $158 per night

4 Night Taxes & Service Fees: $108.24

Total: $740.24

This is the most I'll be paying to date for a 3.5* or above hotel in Boston but I'm going during graduation month, it's a holiday weekend, and I did not want the hassle this time of splitting my trip into 2 separate hotel requests.

Won on Hotwire on 5/30/12 for stay 6/23 to 6/27

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for $138/night +taxes

4 star, hoboken, jersey city, north bergen area zone.

So I am really hoping to get this hotel if I book on hotwire or priceline! Does anyone else know which other hotels may be included in the same category/area incase I am not so lucky to get this one??

• 1 month later...

Won on Hotwire 6/9, NYC MSG area:

Two nights, 3.5*

Room: $152/night

Taxes: $31.58

Occupancy tax: $22.92

Fees: $17.84

Total:$376.34

Staying September 13-15th, 2013

Ended up with the TRYP Hotel, has 95% recommendation rate on TripAdvisor and is ranked in top 10% of NYC hotels--pleased with this win!

October 2014 - Carnival Paradise - Western Caribbean

May 2013 - Carnival Miracle - Alaska

May 2012 - Carnival Sensation - Bahamas

March 2010 - Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

September 2009 - Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

March 1988 - Disney Cruise as a child :)

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline

Oct 5th, 2013 1 night

Charleston, SC Mt. Pleasant Isle of Palms

3 *

Winning bid $98 with taxes $122

Holiday Inn - Mt. Pleasant

I tried Downtown Charleston for $161 3 * with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Date: August 29, 2013

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Renaissance Boston Waterfront

Rating: 4 stars

Area: Seaport/Convention Center (hotel is .4 miles fron the pier)

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $145 per night plus I used 5% off code SUMMER

Total: $167.49

What hotel did you get?????:confused:

LaGuardia Airport Hotel is what I got. It was fine for one night. I question the

3 star rating as it was pretty generic and outdated, although they were trying to do some updates in the rooms. Hallways were really, really plain. It was more like a 2-star to me.

The staff was great, though, and it was very close to the airport without being annoyingly loud.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just a heads up to everyone regarding a good deal I just got on Priceline for our stay in Boston. I bid $115 for the Seaport, Convention Center area, four stars, from 08/27 to 08/30. Just the one bid. I got the Rennaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. It's next to the port. I'll be leaving my car at the port parking area for $16 a day instead of $46 the hotel is charging.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just won the Seaport Boston in the Boston Waterfront - Convention Center zone. $145/night May 30-Jun 2, 2014

I looked at the Boston Priceline list of hotels on Hotel Deals Revealed and narrowed it down to 3 hotels. This is the one I wanted the least. Was hoping for the westin or Renaissance but the price was right but knew it was a gamble. Oh well, overall still happy.

Had to rebid a few times before getting this hotel.

I won the Hyatt regency Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale for $160/ night from Feb 27 to March 2. Emailed and received a complimentary upgrade to tower room. Manager emailed me confirming after I emailed with my concern that I would get a room in the 2 story portion that I heard bad things about.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the Name Your Own Price bidding on Priceline for the first time and got $175 for a room at the New York Marriott East Side on Saturday, 4/26! The bidding process was a little intimidating, but I did a lot of research on Better Bidding and lucked out.

Needed 4 rooms and researched a lot. Very expensive for one night pre-cruise. Hotwire in Seaport area was $235. I started bidding on Priceline at $175 and went up. Finally 2 weeks later I got an e-mail from Priceline offering a 5% discount coupon. I bid $236 and with the 5% discount the rooms were $224.80. We got Seaport.

Edited by hoopslover

• 1 month later...

Travelpony's latest hotel discount:

Book by Memorial Day and save another $50 on purchases of $500 or more with promocode MEMDAY14 and also get a free $35 credit when signing up for the 1st time. (the $35 requires a minimum before tax price of $200)

Got the code in my inbox this morning. For those booking multiple nights or rooms, or taking the splurge for one night! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all

I finally decided to book the hotel for the night before our cruise out of Boston in October (10/03/2015-10/04/2015).

I an event, as I thought I might I ended up with the Seaport Boston Hotel in the waterfront/convention center area for the rate listed below.

Rate per night $275.00

Tax recovery charges + fees $67.88

Hotwire total $342.88

AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This rate is good, as the lowest rate at the hotel's website is $249 not including taxes or fees.

I felt this would be a great choice for a 1 nights stay pre-cruise, as the SL1 transit line stops just in front of this hotel and if I am correct it costs nothing to use from the airport. Also it is one of the closest hotels to the cruise terminal. Lastly this is the top rated hotel on Tripadvisor for Boston.

Edited by wyofuncrusier

FYI:

As the last member posted I also got the Seaport Boston Hotel for $275 via Hotwire. i am finding this hotel, elsewhere for $250 not including any taxes and fees, so this rate is good.

Others have said that there is not much in this area, but we won't be checking-in until 8pm or later and then the next morning we will heading the cruise port, so we really did not need much more. I think we are just going to try and eat at Legal Seafood and other than that don't have many other plans.

Now on our return from the cruise we will looking for something in an area with more to offer, as we will staying for 3 nights. Any suggestions, as to area would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all

I finally decided to book the hotel for the night before our cruise out of Boston in October (10/03/2015-10/04/2015).

I an event, as I thought I might I ended up with the Seaport Boston Hotel in the waterfront/convention center area for the rate listed below.

Rate per night $275.00

Hotwire total $342.88

AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This rate is good, as the lowest rate at the hotel's website is $249 not including taxes or fees.

I felt this would be a great choice for a 1 nights stay pre-cruise, as the SL1 transit line stops just in front of this hotel and if I am correct it costs nothing to use from the airport. Also it is one of the closest hotels to the cruise terminal. Lastly this is the top rated hotel on Tripadvisor for Boston.

How is

Rate per night $275.00

Hotwire total $342.88

better than $249 plus taxes & fees? What an I missing here :confused:????