Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Just Pricelined the Mariott June 27-29 (pre-cruise) for $121. Started at $100 and got it on the 4th rebid.

Jackpot! Congratulations! You'll love it. I'll be there Saturday precruise so look for my upcoming reviews.

Just Pricelined the Mariott June 27-29 (pre-cruise) for $121. Started at $100 and got it on the 4th rebid.

Did you just bid for resorts? I'm up to $131 and still no bites. Of course, I'm looking for May 18th, so may have waited a bit late:(

Did you just bid for resorts? I'm up to $131 and still no bites. Of course, I'm looking for May 18th, so may have waited a bit late:(

Keep it on resorts only to get the best hotels. You can add all areas except Rio Grande-Humacao, those are the only areas Priceline has resorts in. (Rio Grande has the Wyndham and El Conquistador.) Good luck!

Keep it on resorts only to get the best hotels. You can add all areas except Rio Grande-Humacao, those are the only areas Priceline has resorts in. (Rio Grande has the Wyndham and El Conquistador.) Good luck!

Thanks for your help. Just got (5 minutes ago) the Marriott San Juan Resort and Stellaris for $136. Was getting nervous. See you on the ship.

Thanks for your help. Just got (5 minutes ago) the Marriott San Juan Resort and Stellaris for $136. Was getting nervous. See you on the ship.

Yeah!!!!!:) :) :) :) You're going to love it!!! We leave the day after tomorrow!!!!

Does anyone have any idea what I should expect about to pay the middle of October. I have never been to San Juan so I do not know what is suppose to be prime time.

The middle of October is low season, kiddies back in school, hurricanes possible, etc., so you should be able to get a good a deal as any you see on these boards. I would think you could get any Priceline resort for $110 or less a night. You never know, however, if there is a big convention in town or something, but it should be good bargain hunting! Happy bidding!

Remember you can do multiple bids in Puerto Rico because the only 2 areas Priceline has resorts in are San Juan and Rio-Grande-Humacao. So you can just up the price $5 and add any other area accept Rio-Grande-Humacao and re-bid.

When I get back, I'll be posting loads of pics of the Marriott. I'm planning on creating an album from the last 3 years doing this same week on the AOS and various adventures throughout Puerto Rico. Hoping to tour all the major resorts as well!

I just got the InterContinental for $170 on Hotwire fro 1/23/09. Last week, the 4* was $155...should have hopped on it when I saw it! It looks like a couple of you will be joining us!

It would have probably gone back down. The prices on Hotwire will fluctuate often.. $170 is still a good rate.

It would have probably gone back down. The prices on Hotwire will fluctuate often.. $170 is still a good rate.

I know...I hear ya. But, I'd rather play safe than sorry. I work for a main hotel chain and it doesn't look like our associate rate will be opening up (damn busy season!)...

Has anyone stayed at the InterContinental using either Hotwire/Priceline? Should I expect the basement. I'll be honest - being the in hotel business - sometime, we usually give the lower rooms to these guests as they are paying a deeply discounted rate...Also, is there a resort fee? Their website doesn't offer much information.

Thanks...

I just got the EL San Juan Hotel on Nov 1st for $135. I'm a bit worried after reading some reviews of the hotel. Does anyone have any experience with the El San Juan? We're just staying there one night, pre cruise.

Thanks for any info!

i have been using priceline for more than 5 years and i have never felt like a second rate citizen because of the discounts i received. It is between you and the check-in desk. I have had many requests granted simply by asking (high floor,villas etc)

puerto rico has this really weird person tax $5pp per day at hotels...so you need to figure they will add $10 per day to your credit card even though when you check out it says ZERO owed.

billskier: besides the above tax , there was a resort fee per day i think 16%. Sorry i was there in march but my friend paid the bill and we got it thru priceline bid. i thought the new pool area was beautiful. the rooms were very nice and no we werent in the basement (we actually had a high floor).

there is a great restaurant on top of El San Juan Awesome views,great food.

*sweet*

I just got the EL San Juan Hotel on Nov 1st for $135. I'm a bit worried after reading some reviews of the hotel. Does anyone have any experience with the El San Juan? We're just staying there one night, pre cruise.

Thanks for any info!

I just yesterday, May 11th, got the El San Juan Hotel for Nov 8th (pre-cruise) - 1 night for $135 plus tax/fees for a total of $164.38. According to priceline info there is a local resort fee payable upon checkout and from what I can tell on El San Juan's website, the fee is 14%. I e-mailed priceline to inquire as to whether the 14% resort fee is based upon my winning bid of $135 or the rack rate at the hotel -- they promptly referred me to the hotel for that question...arg.

Tex

I'd be interested to know what you find out. We're staying there in Aug also thru priceline.

Hi G-E Lady,

I called the El San Juan (American res #) and the gal told me that the 14% resort fee is based upon what I paid Priceline.com.......so $135 x 14% = $18.90. She said that upon check-in the desk clerk would have a printout of what we paid Priceline and charged the resort fee based on that. She also said that if we had any special requests (room location/bedding, etc.) to call the El San Juan @ 787-791-1000 and ask for "Rooms Control" to put in the request.

Don't take any of this info to the bank.......arg...from what I've read about the hotel and the service. Thought I'd pass along the info anyway..! You'll have to let us know after your August visit how it all went.

I got the Intercontinental on Hotwire - 2 rooms/6 adults for $192 plus tax per room for 1/31/09.

I'm guessing I probably could have gotten it lower, but we were OK with this as all 3 couples are splitting the costs, so it really only ends up being $158 for me.

Tex,

not having much luck. First of all I called ESJ about 5 times and asked for room control and they just keep transferring me to a voicemail so I'm not leaving messages. I will just keep trying.

Next, what does your confirmation from priceline say your resort fee is? Mine says 11% yet the ESJ website says 14% :eek: I am on hold with priceline right now but the guy seems clueless. I'll let you know what I find out. I hope this whole priceline booking thing wasn't a big mistake :confused: So far I've emailed ESJ twice with no response and can't seem to get help on the phone. I am not a happy camper right now :rolleyes:

Lady,

My Priceline confirmation also says 11%, but if you go to the hotel website and book a room the "resort fee" prices out at 14%. I know, not a lot of difference - but I like to know all charges up front no matter how trivial.....anal, I know..:o

Wish I could remember if the 11% was quoted on the priceline betting page before I placed my bid as it may have made a difference as to whether I placed a "resort" bid or one for a "four star" hotel. We won't arrive until almost midnight and on the ship the next noon. I did read on another thread where you could 'request' the resort fee be dropped if you aren't using those amenities -- think I'll just do that, but goodluck to me trying to get that one done at the desk...!:eek:

Tex,

Priceline put in an inquiry and they will email me in 5 business days with a response. There was a definite language barrier between me and the customer service rep so I don't even know if he understood what I was trying to say. And I agree it's not a whole lot of $$, but we have 2 rooms for 3 nights...and it would be nice to have the correct info from the beginning!

And I still haven't gotten anyone at the ESJ...I'll keep you updated.