Presenting The New Pinnacle Menu

kakalina

Kakalina, thanks so much for the new menu.......I'm sailing on the Zaandam Oct. 22 to Mexico. I bought 2 dinners apiece for my daughter and me at the 20.00 rate.

Could you get the main menu? I saw it on a thread but can't remember where?

Also could you get the menus for the dining room for the cruise I'm taking?

You seem to know how to get these things!!!! I enjoy the threads because I find them so informative on all subjects. I've learned to ignore the negative postings.

Thanks...thanks...thanks. Rosemary :D :D :D

What will be your favorite new dish?

Well, to be honest with you, I think my favorite dish will still be the bami goreng in the dining room. I don't see anything on that list that would tempt me away from the dining room even if it was free -- and certainly not for $60!!

I know all the ships are really pushing these fancy restaurants. Frankly, I find most of them a lot more pretentious than gourmet.

Ah, well, to each their own. You will find a table available for you in the Pinnacle -- the one I am not using!!

>:-)

Well, to be honest with you, I think my favorite dish will still be the bami goreng in the dining room. I don't see anything on that list that would tempt me away from the dining room even if it was free -- and certainly not for $60!!

I know all the ships are really pushing these fancy restaurants. Frankly, I find most of them a lot more pretentious than gourmet.

Ah, well, to each their own. You will find a table available for you in the Pinnacle -- the one I am not using!!

I'm with you, 30 each is over our line.

but our TA always gets us 2 free dinners each cruise at the PG.

Virgil

Sorry to disappoint you, Mike, but Bami Goreng is no longer offered in the dining room on Dutch Night. I've seen Nasi Goreng lately but no more Bami. I think they offered it for lunch one day in Lido on our 14 day Ryndam cruise last April.

Sorry to disappoint you, Mike, but Bami Goreng is no longer offered in the dining room on Dutch Night. I've seen Nasi Goreng lately but no more Bami. I think they offered it for lunch one day in Lido on our 14 day Ryndam cruise last April.

Bami goreng was offered in the DR on the Prinsendam this summer...

I'm on the 10/22 Zaandam sailing and I just tried to make PG reservations for one of the nights on our cruise. After going through voice mail hell at HAL, the agent told me that I couldn't make reservations through them; I could only get them once we board the ship. I KNOW that's wrong because so many of you have already done it (and at the lower price). What's the trick?

Karenlynne

You must have called some number other than Ship Services (1-800-541-1576). There's usually a short hold time, then you're connected with an agent, ready to take your CC# (!) for pre-paid Pinnacle reservations, wines, flowers for you cabin, gifts, etc.

You may be asked if you have a specific time and date you wish to reserve; if so, they will tell you that they will "request" it for you, but you must follow up and confirm when on board. If you don't have a specific date, you'll just take your confirmation in your cabin to the Grill, or call on the phone to the Pinnacle desk when you get aboard.

Hope this helps!

Paul :)

Why is there no Yum Yum people at the Pinnacle Grill...?

You would think that alone would be a PAR addition to it there... :cool:

With the aded increase in price and menu additions/specials..etc.. no Yum Yum people? No Ships Bell (Chime with three bars) ?

:eek:

The Pinnacle is a very small dining room with a very limited number of passengers leaving at all different times. A Yum Yum man there would have little to do and would have to be standing outside all evening waiting for just a few people to come out.

As for chimes, diners in the Pinnacle have reservations at all different times. They would be chiming every few minutes, where would they chime and how would anyone know who the chimes were for? Not sure how you think this could be done. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

"Grilled romaine salad, gorgonzola, five spice candied walnuts, Asian pear vinaigrette and port syrup"....oh MY! I've got to print these specials, and check the Pinnacle the first night to see when things appear in the rotation.

Thank you, kakaklina!

And I take back everything I said in the "$30 Pinnacle" thread!

Why not a Yum Yum Woman then? And another venue as a Yum Yum Grill... etc..?

Having a nice tone as in a chime bar note is not awkward but rewarding in bring attention to the venue.. an example here in this Greater NYC area Banks are open Seven Days a week and late nights too.. they have been for a few years now with full lobby services as well drive ins..

A TV commercial has a melodius tone and the Time Temp for a 15 second spot it captures your attention and you remeber the bank(S) yes now other have emulated it ...

:D

Why does not HAL have even 15 second TV spots and they would have full ships leaving NYC too...

:cool:

Even a Yum Yum tone with a Yum Yum women in the TV spot...;)

The Pinnacle is a very small dining room with a very limited number of passengers leaving at all different times. A Yum Yum man there would have little to do and would have to be standing outside all evening waiting for just a few people to come out.

As for chimes, diners in the Pinnacle have reservations at all different times. They would be chiming every few minutes, where would they chime and how would anyone know who the chimes were for? Not sure how you think this could be done. :confused:

Why not a Yum Yum Woman then? And another venue as a Yum Yum Grill... etc..?

Having a nice tone as in a chime bar note is not awkward but rewarding in bring attention to the venue.. an example here in this Greater NYC area Banks are open Seven Days a week and late nights too.. they have been for a few years now with full lobby services as well drive ins..

A TV commercial has a melodius tone and the Time Temp for a 15 second spot it captures your attention and you remeber the bank(S) yes now other have emulated it ...

:D

Why does not HAL have even 15 second TV spots and they would have full ships leaving NYC too...

:cool:

Even a Yum Yum tone with a Yum Yum women in the TV spot...;)

Sorry, no Yum Yum girls on HAL - Odds are better finding one (and more) of those in the Spearmint Rhino or Crazy Horse II in Vegas:rolleyes:

Why do I feel like I'm watching a Polish fire drill in progress?

:eek: :D Oh John, you are soooo bad, but you know that even some that visit don't know what those places are;)

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! ;) (it was a bachelor party for my boss - about 15 of us from work - I stayed in the library and did some reading)

Archived