Princess Web cams... time for a change ?

AlainBob

I live in Quebec city and today, we have two cruise ships in port: Sea Princess and Crystal Symphony...

So I woke up early to watch their web cams and this is what I got... At the time I saved these images, the Sea was already in port and the Symphony is arriving.

As you can see, there is a "little" difference in the image quality... I didn't do any modification or image correction with any software. This is really what you can see from their web cams...

Hello Princess ! Time to invest in new cams !!! ;)

Alain R.

sea_bridge.jpg.864c47dd4f8b0a8322fa3fa74e515764.jpg

CC-csbridge1.jpg.6ad45779776bcc22801eb8ecee16a0fd.jpg

That is a ridiculous difference! Although I must say I have noticed a number of the Princess cam's pictures have been poorer than usual the last few days. Maybe it is partly a technical problem they are having at the receiving end.

• 1 month later...

A lot will depend on the "connection" they may have at the time. The Web cam is sent via satellite uplink then back down to earth to a server which posts the picture. It is a long trip for the siganl to take and some loss of signal can be expected. You also need to take into account that the cameras are outside housed in weather proof containers with glass fronts. Could be a lot of junk on the front of that camera too.

Je me permets d'écrire en français !!! Je suis un fan de Princess et du carribean princess en pârticulier et c'est vraiment pourri comme webcam comparativement autres cies, M. Alain je suis à 100 % d'accord avec votre observation.

Michel:D

"Je me permets d'écrire en français !!! Je suis un fan de Princess et du carribean princess en pârticulier et c'est vraiment pourri comme webcam comparativement autres cies, M. Alain je suis à 100 % d'accord avec votre observation."

And you said what?

Sorry, but it has been 49 years since I took high school French. LOL!!!

A lot will depend on the "connection" they may have at the time. The Web cam is sent via satellite uplink then back down to earth to a server which posts the picture. It is a long trip for the siganl to take and some loss of signal can be expected. You also need to take into account that the cameras are outside housed in weather proof containers with glass fronts. Could be a lot of junk on the front of that camera too.

Nope, that is not how it works. Without going into detail why "a long trip for the signal to take and some loss of signal can be expected" doesn't have anything to do with it; the real reason is that Princess has crappy cams/resolution assigned to them, likely because they haven't decided that the live cams are important.

I'd like to see more cameras. How about a shopping district live cam? A pool cam? A hot tub cam?

Come on Princess, more live cams!!!

Bon jour...

eerr... good morning (or is it "good day")... I'd 'preciate it if you want to post in French that you also provide a translation.. "technically" we do not permit posts in foreign languages but I'm okay with these (since I can kinda read them)... however, please also post in English.. for now I'll let this stay....

Bon jour...

eerr... good morning (or is it "good day")... I'd 'preciate it if you want to post in French that you also provide a translation.. "technically" we do not permit posts in foreign languages but I'm okay with these (since I can kinda read them)... however, please also post in English.. for now I'll let this stay....

Hi Caroline sorry about that

There is not a lot of french canadian on this board so i think some of us like to see french writing, in the futur i will follow the rules, now is time for the translation.

Bonjour is good day

Je me permets d'écrire en français !!! Je suis un fan de Princess et du carribean princess en pârticulier et c'est vraiment pourri comme webcam comparativement autres cies, M. Alain je suis à 100 % d'accord avec votre observation.

Good day , I'm a fan of princess carribean and her webcam is very poor versus others cruise line, Mr Alain i agree 100 % totaly with you.

Sorry for my english

No one has mentioned the sky, or times taken! In the Princess cam the sky is cloudy, probably dusk. The Crystal ships cam shows a blue sky, probably full daylight. Unless both cams were shot at the same time, it is not in my opinion a fair comparison. john

Archived