Movies Under the Stars

Avril

Hi,

I was on the Caribbean Princess during her inagural season in 2005. While she is an amazing ship there was one thig I didn't like. They showed movies on the big screen on the Lido Deck ALL DAY. :mad: Is it really "Movies Under the Stars" if the movie is at 1pm? It made it really loud on deck so relaxing at that pool was hard/impossible. They should play movies at night when you can actually see the screen properly. I went one night to see "Pirates of the Caribbean". It was so cool. :cool: It's a great idea, just not during the day. I spent a lot of time at other pools. The one at the stern on Deck 14 is wonderful. Does anyone else find this annoying?

Hi,

I was on the Caribbean Princess during her inagural season in 2005. While she is an amazing ship there was one thig I didn't like. They showed movies on the big screen on the Lido Deck ALL DAY. :mad: Is it really "Movies Under the Stars" if the movie is at 1pm? It made it really loud on deck so relaxing at that pool was hard/impossible. They should play movies at night when you can actually see the screen properly. I went one night to see "Pirates of the Caribbean". It was so cool. :cool: It's a great idea, just not during the day. I spent a lot of time at other pools. The one at the stern on Deck 14 is wonderful. Does anyone else find this annoying?

Yeah.......sometimes the MUTS can be to MUCH....:)

I thought I read somewhere that now they still play movies during the day, on the Crown at least, but to hear them you have to get their headphones. If that's true that would solve the noise problem. For me on the Caribbean I didn't like it either but I simply went and sat by another pool.

I thought I read somewhere that now they still play movies during the day, on the Crown at least, but to hear them you have to get their headphones. If that's true that would solve the noise problem. For me on the Caribbean I didn't like it either but I simply went and sat by another pool.

Princess did announce that they would equip all of the MUTS ships with headphones to be used during the day. Must have had some complaints…

Don't believe that one. Just got off of the Crown Princess--the movies did indeed run all day as well as under the stars. Most of the time the sound was earsplitting!!!:eek: I don't know how people were sitting out by that pool. There were no headphones. Relaxing it was not!

Several people who have been on recent Crown cruises have reported that they stopped with the earphones during the day - which I would agree would tend to be annoying to those that don't want to hear it by the pool.

Was on Sea Princess twice this year. The first cruise they did give you the earphones for the movie during the day. On the second cruise in Sept, they never brought them to the cabin. I did notice some days the audio on the movies was on during the day on the last cruise. Not sure what is up with that. Complaints need to be lodged. At night is one thing, but it is noisy enough around the pool with kids shouting etc without the movies blaring.

This is exactly why I am soooo glad they decided against retrofitting the Golden with MUTS when she's in drydock. I sure hope they don't change their minds, especially after reading your post.

Don't believe that one. Just got off of the Crown Princess--the movies did indeed run all day as well as under the stars. Most of the time the sound was earsplitting!!!:eek: I don't know how people were sitting out by that pool. There were no headphones. Relaxing it was not!

Is there an e-mail address to Princess where folks could voice their opinions about MUTS?

Was on Sea Princess twice this year. The first cruise they did give you the earphones for the movie during the day. On the second cruise in Sept, they never brought them to the cabin. I did notice some days the audio on the movies was on during the day on the last cruise. Not sure what is up with that. Complaints need to be lodged. At night is one thing, but it is noisy enough around the pool with kids shouting etc without the movies blaring.

Im sorry. I really liked the MUTS during the day. After a day at the island, I enjoyed sitting by the pool watching movies all day. But then again, I am a movie nut and will often spend a day at home relaxing watching movies all day. I dont blame those that want some piece and quiet though. It is loud, but I liked it. Its funny, the things that bother us....constantly being bothered about buying a drink when laying by the pool was annoying for sure!

There are 5 pools on the Caribbean Princess and the one at the very back of the boat is very relaxing for those who dont want the noise. Just a suggestion.

Don't sit there if you don't like noise is my theory. Just got off Crown Princess too. Guess it's all a matter of where you are sitting. We sat at the pool behind the MUTS. Only heard the caribbean band playing. Sometimes we sat on the aft of the ship where the adult only pools and hot tubs are. Lots of areas to get away from people and noise on Crown Princess.

I just wish Crown Princess had an indoor pool with hot tubs in a solarium like RCI. We enjoyed the quiet and getting away from wind and bad weather on RCI. The sanctuary on Crown Princess was practically empty most days. We spent alot of time on the aft deck outside Sabatinis/Adiago Bar--just one flight up the back of the ship above the buffet. Comfy chairs with thick cushions--great for reading a book or having lunch.

Why do I have to move? I like hanging out at the MAIN pool where all the "action" and food is.:D When I say action, I don't mean action MOVIES. I simply enjoy sunning on the main pool deck and taking a dip when it gets too warm out. Listening to the music or watching the pool games. I also have a book with me, but I love to "people watch". It's not that I want to "sit in silence". Not at all. That's why I never go to the smaller aft pools or any other ones away from the main lido area. I LIKE to be at the main pool(s). But, without a giant screen hovering over me or loudspeakers screeching all day. :eek: Too bad they didn't construct these movies screens away from these pools. After all, RCI didn't put the rock climbing wall right in the middle where a lot of people congregate.

There are 5 pools on the Caribbean Princess and the one at the very back of the boat is very relaxing for those who dont want the noise. Just a suggestion.

Cool, :)

Glad there's other things to complain about other than smokers/nonsmokers, chair hogs, dining attire, buffet food, embarkation, disembarkation, shower stalls, water, coke cards, buffet trays, tipping, spa prices, balcony music, internet charges, bed linens, towel animals, alcohol policies, tender tickets, art auctions, upgrades, kids, etc., etc., etc... :D

Why do I have to move? I like hanging out at the MAIN pool where all the "action" and food is.:D When I say action, I don't mean action MOVIES. I simply enjoy sunning on the main pool deck and taking a dip when it gets too warm out. Listening to the music or watching the pool games. I also have a book with me, but I love to "people watch". It's not that I want to "sit in silence". Not at all. That's why I never go to the smaller aft pools or any other ones away from the main lido area. I LIKE to be at the main pool(s). But, without a giant screen hovering over me or loudspeakers screeching all day. :eek: Too bad they didn't construct these movies screens away from these pools. After all, RCI didn't put the rock climbing wall right in the middle where a lot of people congregate.

I dont get these boards. I kindly mention as a suggestion that there is a pool in the back that is really relaxing and I get called on the carpet! Goodasgold, I think you misinterpreted my message, there are other messages alot more stern than mine. Its not like I said if you dont like it move. I even said I dont blame people who dont like it loud.

This is exactly why I am soooo glad they decided against retrofitting the Golden with MUTS when she's in drydock. I sure hope they don't change their minds, especially after reading your post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good AS Gold

When are they going to retrofit the Golden? We will be on the Christmas Cruise and wondering if it is done before that. Also, which pools are the adult pools?

Don't sit there if you don't like noise is my theory. Just got off Crown Princess too. Guess it's all a matter of where you are sitting. We sat at the pool behind the MUTS. Only heard the caribbean band playing. Sometimes we sat on the aft of the ship where the adult only pools and hot tubs are. Lots of areas to get away from people and noise on Crown Princess.
What about on the Caribbean Princess? Is it the same set up? I'd like to be able to sit out by the main pool and hear calypso music, not the sound from the movies. Moving to the adult only pools may not be an option for us if we have our 15 y/o son with us.

What about on the Caribbean Princess? Is it the same set up? I'd like to be able to sit out by the main pool and hear calypso music, not the sound from the movies. Moving to the adult only pools may not be an option for us if we have our 15 y/o son with us.

From what I've seen in past patters (we haven't cruised yet, one more month to go!) the band plays in one pool area, MUTS is in another.

Archived