Do I have to wear shoes on formal night?

drfun48

We're sailing again on Celebrity on 1/8/07 out of San Diego and on our Roll Call I've told everybody I was looking for a pair of Black Patient leather sandals for my tux. I think everyone thought I was kidding, but I was really serious. I did quite a bit of checking and would you believe that nobody makes Black Patient leather sandals. Shoe manufactures just have no class.:D I guess I'll have to ware normal black shoes on the three formal nights. I'm afraid they will put me off the ship if I try the sandal thing again.

Jim

I'll bet that birkenstock makes something in black patent leather (or synthetic). Try there!

Perhaps we're onto a medical breakthrough!

If the docs who did colonoscopies would install one of the super suction systems in their offices, it would eliminate (no pun intended) those horrible tasting prep kits.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Just off a cruise last week and saw a women walking through the promanade on formal night wearing her pajamas and teddy bear slippers. Guess anything goes.

Were they formal PJs? Gosh, my cruise leaves in 2 weeks and I don't have a pair of formal PJs.....I need to do more shopping!

• 2 years later...
actually, the guys/gals on Myth Busters on Discovery channel did a segment on it. they basically discovered that you could build up suction and get stuck to the seat, but it was still entirely possible to pry yourself off and your insides stay intact. :o

Jeffrey (plethora of information) :D

Yep. But once you pry yourself loose, you are left with a VERY large hickey.

The comedian on our last cruise said if you are older you should always flush while sitting on a cruise 'cause it sucks all the wrinkles out of your face!!!!

Now that's really funny!

What's really bizarre is how this thread was resurrected yesterday, when the last previous post was Oct 22 ,2006.

My start of this thread was Oct 16,2006.Talk about hibernation.

Someone must really be lacking for reading material.

I have no problem with wearing a tux and I do believe that shoes serve the purpose of comfort and safety,in addition to increasing my desirability to members of the opposite sex,but I just want to be like everyone else and "get away with something".

I think I would also be making a statement to Celebrity corporate by letting them know that there's a loophole that I've found, that just might confound their fashion police.

I was even thinking about removing food from the buffet area and then the ultimate...flush whilst seated.

On semi formal nights (some lines actually still have them), I suggest following their dress code "jacket and tie" by just wearing these two items. Speedos are optional.

Ginnie (also from the Garden State)

On semi formal nights (some lines actually still have them), I suggest following their dress code "jacket and tie" by just wearing these two items. Speedos are optional.

Ginnie (also from the Garden State)

Seems somebody has not red the policy carefully!

• 1 year later...

Archived