Do I have to wear shoes on formal night?

drfun48

I have no problem with wearing a tux and I do believe that shoes serve the purpose of comfort and safety,in addition to increasing my desirability to members of the opposite sex,but I just want to be like everyone else and "get away with something".

I think I would also be making a statement to Celebrity corporate by letting them know that there's a loophole that I've found, that just might confound their fashion police.

I was even thinking about removing food from the buffet area and then the ultimate...flush whilst seated.

I think you should e-mail Celebrity and ask them that question. And if tell you that you have to wear shoes, you should cancel your cruise.

I don't want to cancel my cruise. I just want to do it "MY WAY"

What are you the wine police? OK so I started a wee bit early this EVENING! Jake is out playing in the street, with matches. And Ashley is running around with scissors. They both had a nutritious dinner of Capt-n-Crunch with chocolate milk.

The sneeze guard is a FABULOUS idea for the keyboard/wine thermos!

Whilst ya'll are thinking up outrageous outfits, I keep thinking about sitting while you flush! The suction alone would keep you on the pot for the entire cruise!! :eek:

Imagine having to call your cabin steward to "break the suction seal" (hahahaha) :p

Seriously (did I just say that?) Maybe we should all vote to bring back Theme Nights and add the theme of the most outrageuos formal outfit! It has to be better than Toga night! ;)

What are you the wine police? OK so I started a wee bit early this EVENING! Jake is out playing in the street, with matches. And Ashley is running around with scissors. They both had a nutritious dinner of Capt-n-Crunch with chocolate milk.

FINALLY!!!! Someone who KNOWS how to be a parent!:cool:

I think the shoes are actually a danger on formal nights...the rest of the time, you can wear a rubber soled shoe, but those darned formal shoes have leather soles...I'm always afraid I'm going to go shooting down the stair "derriere over tete" when I slip on the carpeting.... Maybe to match the theme with the tasteful speedos you all are endorsing, we could wear golf cleats- those little kiltie flaps on the top add a dash of style, n'est pas?:)

Andrew

I have no problem with wearing a tux and I do believe that shoes serve the purpose of comfort and safety,in addition to increasing my desirability to members of the opposite sex,but I just want to be like everyone else and "get away with something".

I think I would also be making a statement to Celebrity corporate by letting them know that there's a loophole that I've found, that just might confound their fashion police.

I was even thinking about removing food from the buffet area and then the ultimate...flush whilst seated.

Depends on whether you are going to wear socks.....

Whilst ya'll are thinking up outrageous outfits, I keep thinking about sitting while you flush! The suction alone would keep you on the pot for the entire cruise!! :eek:

Imagine having to call your cabin steward to "break the suction seal" (hahahaha) :p

QUOTE]

What would be the compensation for getting stuck on the toilet. Get the lawyers working on this one...

:D I need to book a cruise that you're on...you are a hoot!!

and fwiw, I love kilts but think that shoes MUST be worn with a kilt...black patent leather (because they reflect up ;))

M STEVE!!! REALLY!!!:D This is a pertinent topic for sure. I actually have a "formal pair" of sneakers!!! That's right!!! I have a pair of black velour Nike sneakers with small sparkling gold lightning emblems on them. YES I have worn them on formal nights. They are easy to pack and look great with my tux!!! I think it was Woody Allen who first wore black sneakers with his tux...an avant garde fashion statement for sure.:D

I also recall Cole Hann making some formal slippers with the Cole Hann crest on them...those were really neat. I hate those stupid mirror finish rental shoes...they are the pits!!! Going barefoot is a no-no. When it comes to formal shoes...you need to be creative!!!:D

Do they make formal Crocs?

IF they did I'd be the first in line to buy them!! I love my crocs (yes I know they're ugly, they are also the most comfortable shoes I ever put my feet in!)

I'd be more worried about being flushed away rather than being sealed to the seat if I sat on the toilet and flushed. Hey, maybe that mysterious green light would show me the way back!

Terri

With security being the way it is, I would think no shoes would be a plus. Sounds to me like your just trying to help.

I did hear that the guys that x-ray your bags in search of bootleg booze (and oh ya, guns) will be stationed outside the dinning room on formal nights. No formal underwear, no entry!

Archived