Anyone ever see any celebrities on cruises?

Lorianna

We were on a 3 day cruise a few years ago and also aboard were:

-former Pres. George Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush

-Neil and Jeb Bush with members of their families

-and the twins Jenna and Barbara Bush

It was strange...I kind of forgot they were aboard...then I would see one or more of them (always with a secret service agent or 2 around). Couldn't really believe my eyes. There was always a coast guard ship visible as well as a (blackhawk) helicopter.

I live in Midland, Tx where president Bush and Laura used to live a long time ago. Laura Bush' mom lives here in town, in some kind of retirement center. A couple of years ago my daughter gets a call from one of her friends who had gone out to eat at a local mexican food restaurant with her family. Her friend was very excited and told my daughter that Laura Bush was eating dinner at that restaurant with some other people, and my daughter's friend told my daughter, "I saw Mrs. Bush take a drink of a margarita"!!:eek: :D

• 2 weeks later...

The closest to a "Celebrity" spotting we had on our first cruise was Mrs. Mississippi, Miss Mississippi & Miss Teen Mississippi! What a mouthfull! I didn't even know they were on the ship until formal night during picture taking! They were dressed to the Hilt, like there was going to be contest on the boat that night! They had absolutely stunning dresses on, along with their sashes and crowns! Kinda cool!

My brother and family were on Galaxy with Regis and Joy Philbin. As they awaited a tender at the first port my brother saw a long, fast "cigarette" boat zooming up to the ship. He thought "Wow this is going to be fun!" Reege and his group boarded and zoomed away! My brother says everyone else was tendered over on something more like "Jenny" from Forest Gump, complete with mildewed life vests.

Oh the things money can buy!!! :D

• 1 month later...

We were on the QE2 5 day 2006 Bilbao, La Rochelle & Guensey with Carol Thatcher, and QM2 2006 round the Med with Enrique Iglesias, Anna Kornikova and Vera Duckworth!! Vera 'felt the movement of the ship' a little more than most after dinner!! :p

two years ago I sailed on the NCL Dawn out of NYC. The mother from everyone loves raymond was on the ship!

We saw Doris Roberts on a Carnival ship with her son and his family.

I forget which line, but we spotted Lauren Bacall cruising with her family as well.

Both actresses kept to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Sun Princess in March 1998 while they were filming the TV series "Love Boat - The Next Wave" Every day we got a letter telling us where they would be filming and how to dress if we wanted to be extras in the show. It was so much fun! We saw the whole cast - Robert Urich, Joan Severance, Phil Morris, Stacey Travis, Randy Vasquez, Corey Packer and Kyle Howard, and the guest stars - David Birney, Julie Newmar, the girl who played Winnie on the Wonder Years (I forget her name) and Lisa Ann Walters. We got friendly with Lisa Ann Walters and my husband danced with her in the disco. His screen saver is a picture of Lisa and Stacey Travis each kissing one of his cheeks. Now every time he sees Lisa in a movie or on TV, he refers to her as his girlfriend. His "girlfriend" is now one of the judges on "The Next Best Thing." She also played the dance instructor and Richard Gere's dance partner in "Shall We Dance?"

My sister and BIL sailed the Pride last fall and I pulled up their roll call and found out it was a Rusty Wallace cruise. :confused: None of us had any idea who Rusty Wallace was so I did a Google search and found out he has something to do with NASCAR. Not being NASCAR fans, they didn't look for him and wouldn't have recognized him if they did see him - LOL. TG23

Some of my family likes to watch NASCAR. Even they would tell you that your sister and BIL wouldn't have been impressed by him and that they didn't miss much. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Spent 7 days on the Maasdam with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. It was a Sail with the Stars Cruise. My girls loved it. Very sweet girls at that time. They were 15 at the time I believe.

All sightings on the Norway:

In 1988, I sailed with a group of about 30 people with the actor Jonathan Frid, who played a vampire named Barnabas Collins on a daytime soap, "Dark Shadows," that was huge in the late 1960s. It still has great cult status. Like many actors who play roles that define their careers, Frid was trying to detach from his Barnabas persona, but he's finally relented and is appearing at the annual DS convention in NY to celebrate Barnabas' 40th anniversary in August.

In 1990 (I think) I accidentally ended up on a "Wheel of Fortune" cruise where people were being tested to become contestants on the show. Vanna White got on 3 days later in St. Maarten and was very reclusive. All week, people had their pictures taken with a life-size cut-out of her because it was the closest they were going to get.

Pat Sajak got on the ship in Miami briefly for photos, but got off before we sailed.

Also made a transatlantic crossing in 1997 with the maritime historian John Maxtone-Graham and his twin brother (who isn't identical, but close enough to make you look twice). My friend couldn't remember M-G's name and kept calling him "Maxwell-House," so everyone started referring to his brother as "Decaf" to tell them apart.

On our first cruise we had 3 celebrities. we don't know any of their names. One I feel like was a supporting actor in some kind of detective show. One was a producer and the other one I didn't see, my husband said he saw him. However, years ago--1967- when we were travelling out west we stayed at a hotel and the next day after we left our parents told us the nice looking man out at the pool was James Garner (aka Jim Rockford).

Susan Anton (from the '70s and 80s), Bob Dickenson, president of Carnival, Bowser from Sha Na Na, Dave Matthews (on the Dave Matthews Cruise, Feb. 2006, concert got rained out on Paradise Island so he ended up coming on board).

Way back in August 2003, we were on the Norwegian Dawn with Kim Catrall! She was with her family up in the big suite with the private hot tub! Everyone saw her having dinner with her family and friends in Le Bistro on the 2nd night. The next day, she was leaning over the balcony overlooking the pool, and my husband discreetly took pics of her. She looked great!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Unbeknownst to us, we were on a cruise to Panama Canal with Dr. Ruth in Dec. 05 !!

She was such a cute little lady !!! She was fulll of life and energy, running around the ship with her crew and sometimes "dragging" the Captain behind her (lol). She made the trip memorable. We were thrilled to have had the opportunity:D. Needless to say, we learned quite a bit from her, if you know what I mean;)

• 4 weeks later...