Anyone ever see any celebrities on cruises?

Lorianna

On our first cruise on the Vision on in 2005 we thought we saw Tony Orlando for you 70's buffs. Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree. Looked like a younger version of him. Didn't say anything to him. My mom and brother saw Richard Simmons at the airport on our way to the ship though.

Saw Danny Bonaduce w/ (now ex-)wife Gretchen and kids on a Baja Mexico cruise in July of '05. Let's just say he wasn't hiding in dark corners... it was obvious that the man thrives off of being the center of attention. I got a big kick out of watching people approach him and ask for pics and autographs. Some folks were downright giddy about meeting him; it was absolutely adorable.

• 2 weeks later...
Lady Chew: Just got off Legend of the Seas ... there was a woman who was a dead ringer for Whoopi Goldberg. If we hadn't been positive she was in NYC kicking up a fuss on the View ... we'd have asked for her autograph!

Whoopi is the Godmother for RCI's Serenade of the Seas so you never know, maybe it was her -- look for her on your January cruise!

I was on Crystal with Neil Armstrong and his wife. The crew acknowledged his presence and asked us all to respect his privacy--so we did. Saw him many times just sitting quietly in the lounges--I think he would have had a heck of a lot more fun if he'd mingled a bit and/or allowed others to approach. As far as I am concerned, and much more so than entertainment celebrities, he "belongs" to the American people--we should have had the opportunity to have a brief chat--even a short lecture on a sea day would have been memorable. I really feel though that it was more his loss.

Cathy

We were on the Disney Magic a few years ago while they filmed a couple of episodes of "According To Jim". The family (on the show) were on a Disney cruise to the Carribean. So we were constantly running into Jim Belushi and the rest of the cast (including a guest star... the tall lady from Law & Order SVU). The cast were very nice... but the production people were unbearable. Still it made for a memorable cruise.

Way back in 1979, I was on Sitmar's Fairwind. I was 10 yrs. old and a very popular show called CHIP's was on the air. Well, Larry Wilcox (Who played John-one of the policeman) was on board! It was so neat to see him. He was very friendly and was traveling with a girlfriend I believe. I remember the ship photographer took a picture of us with him and then after we bought the photo he signed the back for us. At 10 years old that was a pretty cool story to bring home!

Funny that you mention Hulk Hogan. On a Horizon cruise a couple of years ago, a man on the ship looked like Hulk Hogan. All the kids on the ship thought it was him, even when he said he wasn't. I had him pose with my wife..........http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1134323942041895530ecMqZw

One dead give away is Hulk's height. I'm 6'-7.5" tall and if memory serves me correctly he's taller than I am.

• 1 month later...
I have never seen a Celebrity on a ship ,but I know when people think that they have, My husband looks very much like Paul Mccartney , every couple of months or so, especially on holiday people actually come up and ask. !! Now we just laugh when they stare at him.

aren't you lucky!

On our Oct. 2-9, 2005 Mariner of the seas cruise we had the Rollofs from Little People Big world. This was before their tV show had started but I had seen them on the learning Channel on a show which was about them-I guess that show was well enough liked that they were given a reality series.

I actually approached them and asked them had I seen them on TV and they said yes and told me about the upcoming series.

Hasn't he been dead about 2 years?

Nope. Alive and kicking in Hawaii. He just got promoted to honorary Corporal in the Marines.

Article from local paper:

Stars and Stripes: Jim Nabors is going up the ranks in the Marine Corps. For five years -- and forever in reruns -- Nabors played Pfc. Gomer Pyle on television.

In 2001, the Corps promoted him to lance corporal. And in a sunset ceremony at Fort DeRussy on Sept. 25, the retired actor gets one more stripe, making him a full corporal.

"I was a private for 38 years, a lance corporal for six," says Nabors. "At this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever make sergeant."

Nope. Alive and kicking in Hawaii. He just got promoted to honorary Corporal in the Marines.

Stars and Stripes: Jim Nabors is going up the ranks in the Marine Corps. For five years -- and forever in reruns -- Nabors played Pfc. Gomer Pyle on television.

In 2001, the Corps promoted him to lance corporal. And in a sunset ceremony at Fort DeRussy on Sept. 25, the retired actor gets one more stripe, making him a full corporal.

"I was a private for 38 years, a lance corporal for six," says Nabors. "At this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever make sergeant."

You know I realized later I was probaly thinking about Bob Denver.

I know the feeling. Usually about 5 seconds after I log off. :o

I blame it on my age. Both had TV shows, Gomer Pyle for Jim Nabors and Gilligian's Island for Bob Denver. I loved both of those shows when I was around 10 years old, along with I dream of Jeannie.

I don't think though I would confuse Larry Hagman with those two guys.

I guess they make exceptions for celebrities.

We were on the Sun Princess a few years ago and they were filming the pilot episode of the new "Love Boat" . Robert Urich was the captain. They were filming all over the ship for the whole 7 days. My daughter was a extra and appears in the pilot in the attrium of the Sun Princess. Sadly, Robert Urick passed away at age 55 of cancer a couple of years ago.

We were on the Sun Princess a few years ago and they were filming the pilot episode of the new "Love Boat" . Robert Urich was the captain. They were filming all over the ship for the whole 7 days. My daughter was a extra and appears in the pilot in the attrium of the Sun Princess. Sadly, Robert Urick passed away at age 55 of cancer a couple of years ago.

I believe it was around 2000 when he died.

My last cruise I went on, which was the Pearl one nighter from & to L.A. I thought I had saw Johnny Bananas from Real World Key West getting a tour of the ship. I know he is from Fullerton, CA, but I wasn't sure or not since I didn't hear him talk.