****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

Tony,

Sounds as if you are enjoying every minute. Princess should give you the OS just for the public relations job you have done on this board.

Would you do me a favor? I would like to know if there is a shuttle at the pier in Athens. One source said it was there and the other said it wasn't. We want to get it to the metro station as it is about a 20minute walk and my knee is out. You would jog it for the exersize!

Did you know that you are going to meet each of us as we board the ship?

Judy

Judy getting back to you about the shuttle bus in Athens. There is only a shuttle bus from the ships berth to the terminal. There is NO shuttle bus to the city.

If you think that you can't walk the 10 blocks or so to the Metro station just negotiate a price with a taxi driver (there are at 100 of them at the cruise terminal) to drive you to the Metro Station for approx. 5-8 euro's.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Good morning from Athens, Greece.

We arrived early this morning and were docked alongside our pier at 5:40am. We have just been cleared by the local authorities to go ashore.

The weather today is going to be overcast with light rain this afternoon and a high of 54F....not the best weather in Athens as it has always been sunny and hot each time I have been here. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be better in Mykonos.

I was unable to post after 10:30pm last night due to the fact that we had no satelite connection for most of the evening. It was very quiet last night in the "Office" all the way around most of the ship. We certainly don't have a lot of night owls onboard.

When I went to bed shortly after 12 midnight we had quite a ligtning show that I could see from my balcony...it actually was pretty to watch.

Going to be going to breakfast shortly and possibly going into the city a little later this morning hopefully after the weather clears up.

More to follow from the Golden Princess in port in Athens.

Tony

I found out last night that apparently I am the Most Travelled Pax on this cruise. The other couple has 1 more cruise than me but 299 sea days compared to my 563...so they must have done a lot Caribbean Cruises.

Let's see if I can coax them into giving a bottle of Veuve Cliquot instead of the Moet & chandon Mum's.

Tony

Good morning and a late one at that for me from Katakalon, Greece...............................................................................

I went up to the Horzon Court to get my cup of "Princess Finest Syrup" and boy everyone and there dog was up and eating!

................................................................................

Tony

Tony, Why Not Get the "Real Brewed Coffee" at the Pastry Shop(What's it called on the Golden?), Free with the Coffee Card, like Irene & I do every morning.(Of course $24.00 upfront, but includes 15 Special Coffees plus unlimited Real Coffee, & No Expiration Dates on the Card(Good to Keep:D )

My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS!

Tony, Why Not Get the "Real Brewed Coffee" at the Pastry Shop(What's it called on the Golden?), Free with the Coffee Card, like Irene & I do every morning.(Of course $24.00 upfront, but includes 15 Special Coffees plus unlimited Real Coffee, & No Expiration Dates on the Card(Good to Keep:D )

My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS!

Bill haven't you figured me out by now? I am a Cheap High Roller!:p

Tony

LOL. Amazing, isn't it? But, escargot (sounds a lot better than snails) is part of another family, a family that I like. Don't get me started; I have an entire repertoire of things I don't eat. :)

Arlene

Hi Arlene,

You didn't answer my Anchovies Pizza Post, How about Anchovies??;)

Yummy!:D

Bill

Bill haven't you figured me out by now? I am a Cheap High Roller!:p

Tony

Hummmm. . . .has Tumi luggage, but won't get a coffee card. My kinda guy. I will spend a fortune on a good meal and bottle of wine but clip coupons to save 20 cents at the grocery store. We all have our priorities:D

Hummmm. . . .has Tumi luggage, but won't get a coffee card. My kinda guy. I will spend a fortune on a good meal and bottle of wine but clip coupons to save 20 cents at the grocery store. We all have our priorities:D

That is too funny! So me..clipping coupons for groceries as well...drives Javier NUTS because I always forget to bring the coupons when I go to the store!

Tony

I am pretty sure she will say that's a NO!

Tony

Have a Good day ashore, got to get some shut eye for these Old eyes, they turn down the lights here at 11:45PM(Closing Time):D , how bout on the Golden?:confused: My Best Bill! LIVE FROM THE CORAL IC to YOURS

Hi Tony,

Following your cruise on the cam.

Here is a shot of Golden in Piraeus,and a shot of Piraeus from the Golden.Is that Marco Polo in port .Looks busy,lots of ferries I guess.

Have a nice day.

Trust it is not as hot as last time you were there.

2gy8z7l.jpg

46y2ypx.jpg

When I went to bed shortly after 12 midnight we had quite a ligtning show that I could see from my balcony...it actually was pretty to watch.

Tony,

I'll assume you weren't in the office while the light show was going on. I know how you feel about storms and "office work". ;)

Jim

Hi Tony,

Here is a shot of Golden in Piraeus,and a shot of Piraeus from the Golden.Is that Marco Polo in port .Looks busy,lots of ferries I guess.

Have a nice day.

2gy8z7l.jpg

46y2ypx.jpg

Hi David, Thanks for the Great Pics, you always deliver!;)

Maybe you can help me with some Cam Pics on the World Cruise in '08?;)

They can't be done from the IC's, at least not yet.:(

My Best! Bill

And Good Night from the CORAL LIVE!

Tony,

I'll assume you weren't in the office while the light show was going on. I know how you feel about storms and "office work". ;)

Jim

Jim you are right!..as you know I don't play when tehre's a storm or if I am not feeling well and under the weather!...no "Office" last night!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Have a nice day.

2gy8z7l.jpg

46y2ypx.jpg

Yes David the Marco Polo is here today in Athens and you are right the last time Javier and I weer here in August twice on the Grand Pricness it was 110F...today it's currently 55F ...BBBBRRRRR! ...actually could be worse...I could be home freezing even more in Montreal.

Tony

Have a Good day ashore, got to get some shut eye for these Old eyes, they turn down the lights here at 11:45PM(Closing Time):D , how bout on the Golden?:confused: My Best Bill! LIVE FROM THE CORAL IC to YOURS

The lights are left on here all night...just nobody up at that time on here!

Tony

Alright I am about to go ashore...the weather seems like it's breaking a bit...a little rain will won't stop me...We set sail for Mykonos, Greece at 5:45pm tonight.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess in Athens, Greece.

Tony

I am pretty sure she will say that's a NO!

Tony

And you're right. NO!

Have a great day in Athens, especially if you go to town. I just love the PLAKA.

On our way to FLL airport to take daughter and family. What a waste; going to FLL and not to the Port. Oh well........

Arlene

And you're right. NO!

Have a great day in Athens, especially if you go to town. I just love the PLAKA.

On our way to FLL airport to take daughter and family. What a waste; going to FLL and not to the Port. Oh well........

Arlene

I just got back actually and look who is on here!...YOU.

Tony

I just got back from taking the Metro into the Plaka. The cost is 0.70 euro's each way to Monastaraki Station and you take the subway line to anotehr 3 stops to Acropoli Station. It takes all of 25 minutes in total.

I ended up doing some shopping and looking around the Plaka area. The weather completely cleared up today and happy to report no rain. It is quite chilly today as we have only reached a high thus far of 58F.

I am going to go off now again and walk around the pier area instead of doing an hour of boring treadmill with a TV screen.

We set sail in 2 hours time for Mykonos, Greece as you may want to view our sailaway on the Cruise Cam.

More to follow when I return from my walk aboard the Golden Princess in Athens.

Tony

WOW! The Internet Cafe all of a sudden just became packed...we'll better be going now for that walk to work off lunch and my afternoon cookie.

BTW, I am so happy to report that teh cookies onboard are baked to PERFECTION...the best I have ever had! They are baked jumbo size about an inch thick and 3 inches in diameter!

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess.

Tony

We'll I just came back from an hour and 45 minute walk with all people Frankie, the Deputy Cruise Director. I was making my way down the gangway and ran into him and he was also going to walk around the port. In Athens there are three different ports within Piraeus. Frankie and I decided to go ans scout the are around the port and ended up in the lcoal shopping district where there is a Carrefoure Department store and other shops and ende dup on the other side of the port and marina.

Was a great late afternoon adventure and with Frankie in tow it was a hoot! He cracks me up all the time and we share the same dry and black sense of humour. I am so happy that he is staying onboard all the way to SFO on April 12 when I disembark.

The ship sails in 40 minutes time from Athens for Mykonos, Greece. You may want to check the Cruise Cam for our magnificent sailaway.

I plan on going on my balcony to observe sailaway as I have been doing every night. Dinner tonight is the Princess Dinner menu with varied fare being offered...there is something for everyone!

The "Office" is on the schedule for tonight as well. One of the shows is the light and puppet show which is one of the few I have actually seen and it is very good and recommended to see.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess about to leave Athens, Greece for Mykonos.

Tony

Archived