****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

We'll I am going to make my way back up to my cabin for sailaway in 20 minutes time and then possibly go to the F.O.D and the gym.

Will be abck on here before going to dinner tonight.

More to follow from the Golden Princess enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Don't know what happened to my 7:30 AM post; disappeared into CC cyberspace. In essence, the gist was that I thought you should speak to the social hostess about not having an Elite luncheon. There are going to a whole lot of very disappointed/annoyed passengers and I don't think Princess wants to engender ill will with their most loyal customers. Tell her I said so. :)

Arlene

Tony,

Sounds as if you are enjoying every minute. Princess should give you the OS just for the public relations job you have done on this board.

Would you do me a favor? I would like to know if there is a shuttle at the pier in Athens. One source said it was there and the other said it wasn't. We want to get it to the metro station as it is about a 20minute walk and my knee is out. You would jog it for the exersize!

Did you know that you are going to meet each of us as we board the ship?

Judy

Don't know what happened to my 7:30 AM post; disappeared into CC cyberspace. In essence, the gist was that I thought you should speak to the social hostess about not having an Elite luncheon. There are going to a whole lot of very disappointed/annoyed passengers and I don't think Princess wants to engender ill will with their most loyal customers. Tell her I said so. :)

Arlene

Hi Arlene, I'm back in town, got to leave in 5 Min for the DDS,:( Say Hi to Tony & the Gang for Me, I'll be back on the Coral in about 4 hours if all goes well.

Will post tonight: LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS My Best, Bill:D

Arlene

I did voice my dissatisfaction and I am sure a bunch of others will also when they find out there isn't a luncheon....it's bad PR as far as I am concerned.

Tony

Tony,

Sounds as if you are enjoying every minute. Princess should give you the OS just for the public relations job you have done on this board.

Would you do me a favor? I would like to know if there is a shuttle at the pier in Athens. One source said it was there and the other said it wasn't. We want to get it to the metro station as it is about a 20minute walk and my knee is out. You would jog it for the exersize!

Did you know that you are going to meet each of us as we board the ship?

Judy

As far as I can remember there isn't a shuttle bus because I have always walked to the metro station. I can double check with Shore X and find out for you later tonight onboard.

Didn't know I was doing a receiving line for each and every oine of you when you embark!:confused:

Tony

Hi Arlene, I'm back in town, got to leave in 5 Min for the DDS,:( Say Hi to Tony & the Gang for Me, I'll be back on the Coral in about 4 hours if all goes well.

Will post tonight: LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS My Best, Bill:D

Bill, I hope everything goes well at the DDS for you!

I am off to dinner now 7:45pm onboard and will be coming back to post here after dinner.

More to follow later from the Golden Princess from at sea enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

(...) I am so looking forward to next year when Javier and I do a 48 day Med and Holy Land and Transatlantic cruise on the new Royal Princess from Nov 4th starting in Athens all the way to Fort Lauderdale.

Tony

Sounds nothing less than fantastic!

Just came back from dinner and the Bernini Dinning Room was VERY busy tonight. Tonight's menu was the Continental (French) Menu. I had the escargot, french onion soup and they made me a Spagetti a la Putanesca with black olives...it was simply delicious! I had the raspberry creme brule for dessert with a double espresso. For my wine, I had a bottle of Barolo.

The ship is currently travelling at 22.7 knots and we have 256 nautical miles to travel to Atherns overnight. There is some movement tonight as we are travelling almost at max speed.

Furthermore, the ships satelite service is very slow tonight and dodgy. So if I don't post that's why!

I plan on going to the "Office" a little later tonight and try this all over again!

More to follow later tonight enroute to Athens on the Golden Princess.

Tony

There is a possible last minute change for the Golden Princess Wet Dock that now has possibly being changed to a Dry Dock due to the following. On the last cruise, Captain "Crash Nash" apparently destroyed a large section of the coral reef in Rhodes and also damaging the ships underbelly (hull). For this reason, the extent of damage was further acertained on our sailing with underwater divers that have determined that a drydock is in need. Therefore, the ship was originally scheduled months ago to complete a WET DOCK in Palermo, Italy just like the Grand Princess performed last week. However, the slot was moved to Civitavecchia instead and now with the advent of a DRY DOCK they cannot accomodate Golden Princess. Golden Princess will be receiving it's final instructions tomorrow apprently to go to Marseille, France on Nov 22 and return to Civitavecchia on Nov 29th in time for it's Transatlantic crossing.

The problem becomes that it takes one day to get to Marseille and another day to simply get the ship into the DRY DOCK facility and another day to travel back to Civitavecchia leaving only 4 days to complete all the work and any retrofits onboard, carpeting etc.

I will try and find out as much as possible on Sunday Nov 5th at the Most Travelled Cocktail Party that evening.

Stay tuned!

Tony

Tony,

Your decription of your dinner was marvelous.

Was it our Captain on the Eygpt cruise who encountered the coral reef? Does make one wonder how much damage. But if you are still afloat I imagine we will be too.

Don't you think that greeting us as we board would create an aura around you.......the elegant world traveller............might just impress the Princess people enough to let you remain in your glamorous surroundings!

Judy

Tony, excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between dry dock and wet dock?

wet dock means that the ship has no passengers, but undergoes repairs/ and other general overhauling while it still is floating.

dry dock means the ship is taken to a pier area that can be closed in (with large underwater doors) when the surrounding water is pumped out...and the ship sits on the bottow (supported) and they can do work on the hull area which is normally under the waterline...and/or to rudders, props, stabilizers, etc...when done, they "refloat" the boat.

Just came back from dinner and the Bernini Dinning Room was VERY busy tonight. Tonight's menu was the Continental (French) Menu. I had the escargot, french onion soup and they made me a Spagetti a la Putanesca with black olives...it was simply delicious! I had the raspberry creme brule for dessert with a double espresso. For my wine, I had a bottle of Barolo.

Tony

Finally, one of my favorites; escargot, french onion soup and pasta. Do you recall when my entire dinner was 2 orders of escargot, onion soup and salad? Yummy.

Arlene

Wait a minute! You eat snails but no lamb???

:D

LOL. Amazing, isn't it? But, escargot (sounds a lot better than snails) is part of another family, a family that I like. Don't get me started; I have an entire repertoire of things I don't eat. :)

Arlene

wet dock means that the ship has no passengers, but undergoes repairs/ and other general overhauling while it still is floating.

dry dock means the ship is taken to a pier area that can be closed in (with large underwater doors) when the surrounding water is pumped out...and the ship sits on the bottow (supported) and they can do work on the hull area which is normally under the waterline...and/or to rudders, props, stabilizers, etc...when done, they "refloat" the boat.

Chrysalis..tahnk you for explaining this while the satelite was down last night.

Tony

Wait a minute! You eat snails but no lamb???

:D

I know go figure...try figurin out that woman is Impossible! If it's white or a creamy colour she won't eat it...that's anotehr rule!

Tony

Tony,

Your decription of your dinner was marvelous.

Was it our Captain on the Eygpt cruise who encountered the coral reef? Does make one wonder how much damage. But if you are still afloat I imagine we will be too.

Don't you think that greeting us as we board would create an aura around you.......the elegant world traveller............might just impress the Princess people enough to let you remain in your glamorous surroundings!

Judy

Judy, no Captain Nash disembarked when I got on in Venice. We now have Captain David Calabrese, from Sydney.

The damage is NOT extensive that we are unseaworthy but they have determined that they must be repaired ASAP.

Tony

Hey Tony,

I hope we don't run into a reef in Tahiti next month!:eek: How's the suite?

Tom the Suite is FAB!...they are going to have to pull me out of that suite if they can't keep me in for the next cruise...better watch out I might camp out in your Owner's Suite on the Tahitian!

Never heard of the Tahitian hitting anything!

Tony

LOL. Amazing, isn't it? But, escargot (sounds a lot better than snails) is part of another family, a family that I like. Don't get me started; I have an entire repertoire of things I don't eat. :)

Arlene

I think I know that entire list by now!

Tony

Arlene

I think I know that entire list by now!

Tony

Sounds nothing less than fantastic!

Vicki that cruise next year will be amazing if they go to Israel and Egypt etc...I am really looking forwrd to taht one for sure!

Tony

Archived