How do you get ice on RCCI

My daughter is on Voyager at the moment and is having great problems getting ice delivered to the cabin. Anyone know what the policy is on RCCI ? They were told to ring room service but that has been taking up to 3 hours to arrive. Excuse my ignorance on this but we have always cruised with Princess or p&o where the ice is replaced twice a day by the cabin steward and left in the fridge.

My daughter is on Voyager at the moment and is having great problems getting ice delivered to the cabin. Anyone know what the policy is on RCCI ? They were told to ring room service but that has been taking up to 3 hours to arrive. Excuse my ignorance on this but we have always cruised with Princess or p&o where the ice is replaced twice a day by the cabin steward and left in the fridge.

Sounds like you may have a bad stateroom attendant. You should be getting ice twice a day. I'd go down to guest relations and complain. Ask to speak to the chief house keeper.

we tend to use a LOT of ice. Well, that and the ice buckets on RCI are WAY too small. Before I board, I order a bottle of champagne to be delivered to the stateroom. Then, when I meet the stateroom attendant the first day, I explain to him, apologetically, that we tend to go through a lot of ice...and promise to try not to bother him too much. I then point to the champagne bucket, ask him to not remove it when it is empty, adn to please fill that in addition to the tiny stainless steel bucket when he changes out the ice. I then smile, slip him a $20...and voila: copius ice for the rest of the cruise. It ends up being a great deal for both of us. We are otherwise very easy to take care of...and always tip standard amount plus additional at the end.

Thanks for that. I thought that must be the case. This is their first cruise so they were not sure what to expect. They do seem to be having a problem getting any type of room service. I have now given them all the advice. Thanks again

One time we brought a collapsible cooler with us and asked the stateroom attendant to fill it up with ice everyday. We also slipped her $10 for her trouble. Well, after that our cooler was filled to the top twice a day. :D

I have a real question. What do you use all of the ice for? We never use any (or hardly any) ice on a cruise. Our friends said they use it to chill glasses of water & sparkling water. But I think ours just melts away. The mini fridge seems to keep beverages cool enough. I am just curious. :)

I have a real question. What do you use all of the ice for? We never use any (or hardly any) ice on a cruise. Our friends said they use it to chill glasses of water & sparkling water. But I think ours just melts away. The mini fridge seems to keep beverages cool enough. I am just curious. :)

I bet you are coffee drinkers! I myself can't even imagine someone who wouldn't require a decent amount of ice throughout the day~ Guess that's what they mean by "different strokes for different folks"! I generally drink 44-64 oz of COLD water each night ALONE! I drink about 3 times that amount during any given day. (That's in addition to any other beverages such as diet coke, etc!) PLUS--all that extra ice keeps my "smuggled" champagne nice and cold!! LOL!!

Irregardless of alcohol in the room..I would still need copious amounts of ice and always pre-trip when explaining this to room attendant. Those little tiny ice "buckets" are a joke. They don't even hold as much ice as my insulated mug I take to bed every night! So far, every room attendant as been eager to please and have been appropriately appreciated at the end of the cruise as well.

I believe moderation is the key. I've never had anything taken from me on the last 3 rccl cruises. On all three cruises I've bought some kind of local beer, wine or other and carried back on with no trouble...I've also taken a bottle of champagne on each of the cruises...again no problems. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe, they are only looking for the cases of wine, beer, etc. :confused:

Either way, I accept my good fortune to this point and won't let it ruin my trip if things change in the future. (I'll just cruise on a different line!)

Jyl

I drink lots of water and bring my own small cooler and my Costco water bottles and the room steward keeps my cooler and little ice bucket full all the time and when we give him/her the envelope with the voucher, there is always something else in it for their wonderful service. In 5 cruises w/RC I have not had a bad room steward.

Archived