Miami - good spot for breakfast before cruise

mike_arruda

Hello Everyone!

We arrive in Miami very early ~ 8:30am the friday morning of our cruise. I understand that we can't start boarding until 12-1pm. Is there a nice spot on

south beach or by the Carnival terminal to get a nice breakfast or brunch while waiting for boarding time? Thanks for any info.

take care,

Mike

Hello Everyone!

We arrive in Miami very early ~ 8:30am the friday morning of our cruise. I understand that we can't start boarding until 12-1pm. Is there a nice spot on

south beach or by the Carnival terminal to get a nice breakfast or brunch while waiting for boarding time? Thanks for any info.

take care,

Mike

You can get to the boat at 10am if you want to.....I've gone to the pier in the past as early as 10 AM.

But if you really want to get breakfast I would suggest eating something light and waiting for the lunch buffet on board the ship.

There is a Latin American Cafe inside of Bayside. You can also check cafe sambal at the MAndarin Oriental on brickell Key which is also close by. There is a Don Pan Bakery in downtown as well. It really depends where you are staying.

The cruise terminal does not have any places nearby to get something to eat. Once you cross over to the island its just the terminal, parking etc...

Will you have transportation????

If so you could go to Bayside or South Beach ... but I don't know that I'd pay for cabs to do that in your situation.

There IS a decent place in Miami Airport....hard as that may be to believe

La Carretta is a local Cuban place with several sites around the city. In the airport the rest' is cafateria style but the food is good and authentic Cuban (some say...I just know I find it yummy)

They make a good breakfast too.

Capt. BJ, do I understand you that LaCarretta has a location at the Miami airport? I really want to try that restaurant but may not have a chance while we stay downtown. Eating at the airport before our return flight is an option, I would really enjoy.

Thanks,

Nanatravel

Capt. BJ, do I understand you that LaCarretta has a location at the Miami airport? I really want to try that restaurant but may not have a chance while we stay downtown. Eating at the airport before our return flight is an option, I would really enjoy.

Thanks,

Nanatravel

There is a La Carreta inside of the Miami Intl Airport. Its at concourse E or F...right around there...Unless they have changed things.....I used to work at the MIA airport but usually fly out of FLL becuase its cheaper.

Hello Everyone!

take care,

Mike

Go to News Cafe on Ocean Drive on South Beach and you can sit outside and have a nice breakfast and watch South Beach start to wake up.

Lovely location.

There is a La Carreta inside of the Miami Intl Airport. Its at concourse E or F...right around there...Unless they have changed things.....I used to work at the MIA airport but usually fly out of FLL becuase its cheaper.

Yep - at a minimum I always grap a Cuban sandwich on my way out of town....

Yep - at a minimum I always grap a Cuban sandwich on my way out of town....

I Like the Media Luna :p But what you really have to do is get a couple of saltine crackers and two croqueta's and drizzle some lime juice on top and eat it....YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!!

Archived