No more Le Bistro chocolate fondue??

jentroubles

But I do find your obsession with it (an me) amusing, even if tiring. Either there's something you might want to tell us or maybe you should find yourself a hobby.

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier.

-Monte

What's amusing is when you are at a loss of words, you no longer address the topic and cast aspersions.

But that's OK. There are others here with whom I can discuss this.

Thanks for your time!

And if you still want to complain flip over to the HAL board and see what their gripes are, in the food catagory today? I am just happy we can afford to cruise and have choices as to what line and when we take our vacation. Not one of these things or a combination of all the above will make or break our cruise experience. packaged macarroni and cheese served in Le Bistro, now that would not be the happiest of meals even if they added a can of tuna.....LOL

See, I can jokingly make comments like that here, I'm known... if I go over to the HAL board, they'll eat me alive :eek:

See, I can jokingly make comments like that here, I'm known... if I go over to the HAL board, they'll eat me alive :eek:

I knew you were being sarcastic/joking, but sometimes it doesn't come across well on the boards. Ask MrPete LOL

-Monte

It's an optional extra pay item! I'm not really distressing either way, as it's not included in the cruise fare. But I do find your obsession with it (an me) amusing, even if tiring. Either there's something you might want to tell us or maybe you should find yourself a hobby.

Thank you for you concern though, I'm sure I'll eat, and eat well, on my cruises. I might beforced to change to tenderloin & chateaubriand though instead of filet though. (chip chip) HOW TERRIBLE ;) chip, chip LOL

-Monte

Wow!

Let's face it tenderloin is not filet and cheesecake is not fondue. Apples and oranges? Maybe, but I think the point is that the cost cutting is getting pretty obvious. Your obsession with picking on people is getting very tiring.

I agree since thet stop using the sterno they were having problems serving it hot.

Looks like I'll be spending more nights at Cagney's. Looking closely at the menu the only way to get the chateaubriand or rack of lamb is on the tasting menu for two. ($10 uplift for a total of $25pp). Not a price issue but the fact that 2 have to want the same thing. :rolleyes:

Jim, your glasses are better than mine.:D From the small menu shot posted here, I'd missed the extra surchg. for the menu for 2. Jeesh, just this year we could have chateaubriand in Impressions!:(

I do welcome refreshing new menus all around, but we've ordered filet or lobster tails every single time we've eaten in Bistro and now will have to adjust to something else or take our eating $$ elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Wow!

I encourage you to either place me in your ignore file or just skip over my posts, since you feel the way you do.

You obviously haven't read many of my posts but you're fully entitled to any opinion you want. When someone follows me around a thread or two, making the same repeated comments (chip, but that's OK), I will respond-perhaps not as kindly as I should. Especially when they are commenting about a line they haven't sailed (it seems) since 1989.

-Monte

No filet mignon, either ??!??

Wow -- I am very disappointed.

DH & I would go to Le Bistro twice during each Dawn cruise we've taken. I'd always order the filet & choc. fondue.

Cheesh!! Why would they mess with their LeBistro "signature" dishes??:mad:

I encourage you to either place me in your ignore file or just skip over my posts, since you feel the way you do.

You obviously haven't read many of my posts but you're fully entitled to any opinion you want. When someone follows me around a thread or two, making the same repeated comments (chip, but that's OK), I will respond-perhaps not as kindly as I should. Especially when they are commenting about a line they haven't sailed (it seems) since 1989.

-Monte

Monte-- don't make me have to tell your wife you are not as level headed as I thought....:)

Jim' date=' your glasses are better than mine.:D From the small menu shot posted here, I'd missed the extra surchg. for the menu for 2. Jeesh, just this year we could have chateaubriand in Impressions!:(

I do welcome refreshing new menus all around, but we've ordered filet or lobster tails every single time we've eaten in Bistro and now will have to adjust to something else or take our eating $$ elsewhere.:rolleyes:[/quote']

My eyes are worse then yours. Technology to the rescue. Save picture to PC. Use software to zoom on picture. No fine print:cool:

I think the reservation just got tougher in Cagney's. One more reason not to cruise on an older NCL ship without Cagney' menu.

My eyes are worse then yours. Technology to the rescue. Save picture to PC. Use software to zoom on picture. No fine print:cool:

I think the reservation just got tougher in Cagney's. One more reason not to cruise on an older NCL ship without Cagney' menu.

But if they are changing the menu in Le Bistro might they do the same with Cagney's menu?

Yup. The changes are in ALL dining venues.:eek: At least they were on the Star 10/21 cruise. Changed two days into our cruise. Got one last filet mignon in before they did. :D

I don't suppose you got a copy of the new Cagney's menu? It would be a great service to all CCers (well, at least those of us on the NCL forum) if you could post it? Please, pretty please. If not, can you remember what was offered?

I look forward to trying the new menu in the Bistro. Until more people have actually eaten the food those reading these boards shouldn't get so worried about a steak dinner.

For those that will miss the fondue here is the recipe I always use and I find it way better than the one served in the Bistro. I use a the microwave and stop to stir often. I like to add Grand Marnier instead of congac.

Toblerone Fondue (4 servings)

1 dl (6 tablespoons) cream

300 g (10 ounces) Toblerone

2 tablespoons cognac (optional)

40-50 bite-sized pieces of fruit (apple, pear, pineapple,

etc.), orange slices, bread cubes or cookies.

Warm the cream in a saucepan. Add the Toblerone and

melt it, stirring until smooth. Add the cognac if desired.

It's that simple!

Serve in a small fondue pot made of stoneware or

copper. Dip the fruit, bread or cookie pieces in the

fondue to surround them with chocolate, and enjoy!

IMPORTANT:

To best savor the incomparable taste of milk chocolate,

almonds and honey, don't serve the fondue too hot.

Hope this helps all of you who need a chocolate fix.

Great book, shoreguy. Definitely a must read for those who resist change. Change is good for the soul and makes life & cruising even more memorable. How's that for pontificating?, but it's easier for me because Im still looking forward to my first time on the Dawn (and NCL). Don't yet know what I'm missing but sure am looking forward to finding out.

Still, it's a great book.

Until more people have actually eaten the food those reading these boards shouldn't get so worried about a steak dinner.
You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm entitled to mine. I look forward to filet mignon & chocolate fondue on the Dawn at least twice per year. I'm disappointed that these are no longer offered in LeBistro. Period.

And, hey, where's my cheese??

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm entitled to mine. I look forward to filet mignon & chocolate fondue on the Dawn at least twice per year. I'm disappointed that these are no longer offered in LeBistro. Period.

And, hey, where's my cheese??

They moved it ;) I like you have always looked forward to my filet in the Dawn Bistro. Change happens. That stupid little book is all about embracing change and not fighting it. Life is a maze. we figure out how to find our way to the spot with the cheese. One day we go back and it has moved. We have two choices to keep going back to the same spot and tear up the walls and get mad when we can not find our cheese. Or we keep our sneakers handy and keep exploring the maze and find new sources of cheese.

That book has helped me and millions embrace changes far more complex then a new menu;) :)

They moved it ;) I like you have always looked forward to my filet in the Dawn Bistro. Change happens. That stupid little book is all about embracing change and not fighting it. Life is a maze. we figure out how to find our way to the spot with the cheese. One day we go back and it has moved. We have two choices to keep going back to the same spot and tear up the walls and get mad when we can not find our cheese. Or we keep our sneakers handy and keep exploring the maze and find new sources of cheese.

That book has helped me and millions embrace changes far more complex then a new menu;) :)

Hmmm...very good example of how one needs to keep an "open mind". I have a tendency to resist change with some things myself....especially my comfy clothes and my food. I am one of those who goes back to the same spot, tears up the walls, screams.... but then I move on. I get bored with redundancy.

So in light of your example I must say that while I will not get my filet mignon at Le Bistro it will in fact force me to order something new and different and perhaps find something just as wonderful and it will enhance my life with a new taste. Just what I need...another food item that I love. ;)

Chicken with Oyster Sauce? It's a stretch but I guess I could use my imagination and think of it as a gourmet "surf and turf". :D

Hi Shoreguy,

15 Sailings with NCL- 5 on Dawn. Wedding anniversary in Jan 2007 so we booked Dawn again. Tried for first ever upsell to AB, Ac, AD

Shocked today to learn that there are no longer any upsells!!

What gives?

Sy

Hi Shoreguy,

15 Sailings with NCL- 5 on Dawn. Wedding anniversary in Jan 2007 so we booked Dawn again. Tried for first ever upsell to AB, Ac, AD

Shocked today to learn that there are no longer any upsells!!

What gives?

Sy

You can't try for it.:rolleyes:

They are still doing upsells - many on my up coming Pearl cruise were offered. The difference is they are clearly in a don't call us we will call you mode.

Trust me I tried

They may have not even started upsells for a Jan 2007 cruise,

Archived