No more Le Bistro chocolate fondue??

jentroubles

I thought of that, but have learned my lesson in fighting through the lines. On the Dawn this year they dipped for you, and the fruit wasn't quite the same.

Yeah...I know I sound like a little kid stampin my feet. I planned for a great new years eve dinner there this year, fondue and all :(

We ate at LeBistro ( 15$ cover charge) on night one before then menus changed. Food was great and I recommend the forest mushroom soup. I had the chocolate fondue which is now missing from the menu.

From the Spirit review thread. I'm just wondering if this will be fleet wide

Had it at the Jewel during my Eastern med. cruise & it was one of the worse desserts onboard. The chocolate was cold & gummy, with only pineapples & bananas to dip. This used to be THE DESSERT at Le Bistro, everyone rave about it, but now that's no more available, it will be another reason why NCL will be loosing future customers. Our "chocoholic buffet" was a very limited chocolate presentation displayed at the Garden Cafe, also nothing special. With this said, for us CHOCOLATE LOVERS, will have to take our taste buds somewhere else as NCL will not be pleasing us.

Had it at the Jewel during my Eastern med. cruise & it was one of the worse desserts onboard. The chocolate was cold & gummy, with only pineapples & bananas to dip. This used to be THE DESSERT at Le Bistro, everyone rave about it, but now that's no more available, it will be another reason why NCL will be loosing future customers. Our "chocoholic buffet" was a very limited chocolate presentation displayed at the Garden Cafe, also nothing special. With this said, for us CHOCOLATE LOVERS, will have to take our taste buds somewhere else as NCL will not be pleasing us.

I'd never chose a cruise based on a "chocolate fondue" in one restaurant:confused: Though, I love chocolate.

And, if it was cold, you should have sent it back:)

Say it ain't so- Never been on NCL but keep hearing about the 'fantastic' chocolate fondue- can't wait to experience it- also the original artwork- hope it's still there. Oh well, we're sure even if it's not, NCL will be great because it's up to us to make a great cruise- not the cruise line. Our cruise will be great because of me & my DW, not the cruiseline.

Can't wait no matter what we get on the cruiseline- we'll make it great.

Fondue will be in the chocoholic buffet.

Original artwork was still on the Dawn Sept., 06.

Really doesn't matter...great to see but your dinner will still be fabulous at Le Bistro;)

The Jewel does not have the original arts..but a great restaurant anyway.

Have a wonderful cruise..you will make it great:)

Waah, I'll miss chocolate fondu if it is fleetwide. How about the Pride of Aloha? Oh well, I'll still have a great time. Just being aboard ship, & not home cooking, is what counts.

Maybe they'll substitute another great dessert. I LOVE chocolate cream pie. HINT HINT.

After 10 years of serving the chocolate fondue, you are probably one of the few who have ever been disappointed, but to each his own. In facat it sounds like NCL wasn't for you period. That is why there are so many cruise line choices. I doubt NCL or any other line looses many cruisers because they discontinue one or two popular items. To me, it seems it may be time for them to change the Le Bistro menu, as it has been the same almost since the beginning. at least it has been pretty much the same for the past 5 years. Let's see how others feel when the new menu is in place and more people gives us their opinions.

NMNita

After 10 years of serving the chocolate fondue, you are probably one of the few who have ever been disappointed, but to each his own. In facat it sounds like NCL wasn't for you period. That is why there are so many cruise line choices. I doubt NCL or any other line looses many cruisers because they discontinue one or two popular items. To me, it seems it may be time for them to change the Le Bistro menu, as it has been the same almost since the beginning. at least it has been pretty much the same for the past 5 years. Let's see how others feel when the new menu is in place and more people gives us their opinions. NMNita

You are probably right. The discontinuance of one or two items from the menu does not toll the death knell for NCL. BUT, lowering the per-passenger expenditure on food and gradually ramping back on other popular aspects of its product can prove to be the beginning of a long road downward.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but look at what has been happening to General Motors since they have failed for a number of years to recognize and correctly predict what their customers want. The record books are full with the near-forgotten names of once powerful companies.

I wonder if Mr. Veitch ever reads the Cruise Critic boards.

No more chocolate fondue??? Say it ain't so:mad: :mad:

Wow! It's one of my very favorites -- is this a recent development??

I'm with you, Monte. Charge $20 at Le B. & keep the darn fondue!

(Duck and cover -- haven't heard that one in a while. Still have the Nike base bldg. in my hometown:) )

All I can think is Drip drip drip. One item at a time little by little they lower the product offering until poof it is "easy cruising" with big ships.

LOL-whatever you say. I'm amazed that people complain about the alternative dining room having a charge and next they complain if the menu changes.

I'm sure all the other cruise lines have choc fondue in their free packages....but wait, didn't someone say it will in the "FREE" Chocolate buffet?

IMO-Drop, Drop, Drop the cream rises to the top

-Monte

Chocolate fondue is one of the easiest things in the world to make at home.

Buy some good quality chocolate chips ( I like semi sweet dark chocolate)

cream

and few pieces of fresh fruit.

melt the chocolate and the cream

wash and chop the fruit

And in less than 15 minutes you have chocolate fondue.

Much easier than cake or pie.

It is nice when someone else does the work, but at least it is one item easy to do at home.:p

We had the chocolate fondue on our 10/22 Crown cruise. It wasn't all that spectacular - melon, a couple quarters of strawberry, pineapple, some cake I think.

Another missing item at Le Bistro, I asked and no one knew about it - wasn't there something called the "firestar" or something like that, an entree with meat, etc. on skewers? I think that it was a flambe item and they did say that they don't do anything on fire anymore...

Archived