How much money?

phabric

We willl be in Copenhagen on the Sea Princess July 18/07 for the day from 9am-10:30pm. We plan on doing ship tours. How much should we exchange for the day. People from this thread have mentioned $50 in each currency.. To convert $50 Canadian to kroner at today's rate (0.2019) I would get 247.65 DKK. Would that be enough or is that too much. Usually we buy small souvenirs - T shirt, postcards and anything big on the credit card.

We will also be going to Amsterdam, Oslo, and Helsingborg.

A souvenir T-Shirt here in copenhagen cost about 50-150 Kroner and (just and example) a Mcdonalds menu with the big soda is about 70 Kroner.

Its not cheap here in northern europe.

But i don´t think that it is very expensive up here, just a bit over normal european prices.

We were recently in Copenhagen for a few days prior to our recent cruise. Most items you can easily charge in any of the shops so I think you can likely get away without converting any money. Remember everytime you convert you are payng conversion fees and then the issue is what do you do with the leftover money. The Denmark currency is not the same as the Norway currency.

In terms of Norway, if you are stopping in multiple ports for Norway then I would recommend getting some Norway currency.

Keith

Archived