Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

Great topic... and I've got quite a collection:

My daytime cruise scent: Green Tea by Eliz. Arden

My daytime work scent: Summer and Spring is Crepe de Chine by Maillot (yes, I can still find it)

My daytime work scent: Fall and winter: Nantucket Briar (C&E)

Weekend days.. Quercus by Penhaligon

Special Evenings out: Bois des Iles by Chanel

Wow ladies, I knew this would be fun but I didn't expect such an assortment of fragrance! I like the idea of 1) changing with the season and especially 2) the poster who buys scents on vacation and uses them to remind her of her travels! There are several here I've never heard of and want to check out!

On one of my first cruises, I bought something at one of the perfume stores in Charlotte Amalie - not even sure what the fragrance was now... They gave me a sample of Angel with the purchase. I loved it... problem was, it was several years before I ever found it again near where I lived, and then it was in a city I was visiting for business. My sample had to last a long time. The next time I was in Charlotte Amalie, I bought some.

Since then, it has arrived in my hometown, and I wear it almost exclusively. It's funny, though, everyone talks about how 'sweet' it smells -- there must be a top note in it that I can't smell at all, because it doesn't strike me as sweet.

The other fragrances I wear:

In Grand Case, St. Martin, I found a bottle of a Vanilla-Sandalwood fragrance, I think it's locally produced (on one of the other French West Indies islands), and a small amount goes a long way. And I'm out of it now. Generally, I only wore it on weekends since it seemed to me to be a more casual fragrance. Time to go back to St. Martin :D (Yeah! on my December cruise I'll be there!)

In a hotel in Madrid, the 'house' toiletries included a bottle of toilet water-strength fragrance. It's marked 'Colonia' - I don't know if that is the fragrance name or a brand name or what. Being a toilet water strength, it doesn't last all that long, but it has a light scent that just reminds me of Spain. And, I'm also almost out of that too. Unfortunately, no more trips to Madrid in my foreseeable future...:(

MGC, We have been doing business with Tropicana Perfume Shoppes in Charlotte Amalie for years. They are very reputable, no tax and speedy shipping.

FAX: 340.775.0285

Our contact has been Molly. Hope she is still there. She's a bit of a fixture and a nice lady.

This is a great thread! It brings back memories of when I was a cosmetics dept. manager.:) Back in the day,:o I wore Georgio exclusively. Now I have 2 wonderful parrots with tiny, little lungs that can't handle the essential oils in the perfumes. No worry, I'd rather have them near my neck anyway. :D But thanks for the memories...

I wish they would come back out with just the plain original Victoria Secret. I wore that for a couple of years and got many many complements on it.......of course, they had to go and discontinue it....sigh! I kind of like the fresh green grassy smell and a touch of patchouli to that. It was something totally different than what I usually pick out; but loved the way it smelled on me. There are colognes that don't agree with me at all and at the same time smell wonderful on my daughter.

When my son was 17 (6 yrs ago) he went with his class to Europe. I told him to bring me back some perfume from Paris, very leary of what I would get. He brought back Sublime by Jean P). I love it! I have used that bottle up, got one on line, and had a friend who went to Europe bring me back more. I always get compliments and no one else uses it, which I like.

I always get compliments and no one else uses it, which I like.

That's the reason I never tell people what perfume I wear. I don't want anyone else using it! Whenever I'm asked, I tell people I don't share that info, if they press on, I tell them the first name that comes to mind that isn't one that I wear. :)

There are three I actually like and wear.

The cheapest is 'Arbor' from the Body shop. An every day cologne with a cedar/woodsy smell.

The next is 'BelAmi' by Hermes which is a nice spicy scent for more formal evenings and can be found at most upscale stores.

The last is my favorite and the most difficult to find. Last year I had to order it from Neimans, but this year they no longer carry it.....'Eau de Lavender' by Annick Goutal....Most people think of lavender as a little old ladys perfume, or to be really sweet and stinky...this is a guys lavender all the way...Its made from wild lavender and isn't sweet or flowery at all. It has a really great scent......however I'm on my last few sprays and untill I can find someone that now carries it again..I will use it sparingly

Dave:eek:

I rarely wear a fragrance anymore. It is frowned upon at the office as people are sensitive and allergic, and nothing is worse that walking behind someone that smells up the enitre hallway. Ugh. I don't care how nice the smell, I don't like being "caught" in an overwhelming cloud of scent.

That said, I do like Boucheron. And of course Chanel#5 is always nice. However my bottle of Boucheron has been sitting there for 3 years now, and still not empty...and I know that fragrances "expire", so it just does not make sense for me to spend the money.

I have so many perfumes I need to try out now!

My biggest problem is finding something that will last on me. Most of them wear off in a few hours. Just wondering if anyone has a favorite perfume that actually stays on?

Personal body chemistry is the reason and unfortunately, what lasts for hours on one person may only last for minutes on another.

So recommendations for perfumes with lasting power are generally useless. The only way to find one for you is to go to stores and try them on and see which ones work for you.

There are three I actually like and wear.

The cheapest is 'Arbor' from the Body shop. An every day cologne with a cedar/woodsy smell.

The next is 'BelAmi' by Hermes which is a nice spicy scent for more formal evenings and can be found at most upscale stores.

The last is my favorite and the most difficult to find. Last year I had to order it from Neimans, but this year they no longer carry it.....'Eau de Lavender' by Annick Goutal....Most people think of lavender as a little old ladys perfume, or to be really sweet and stinky...this is a guys lavender all the way...Its made from wild lavender and isn't sweet or flowery at all. It has a really great scent......however I'm on my last few sprays and untill I can find someone that now carries it again..I will use it sparingly

Dave:eek:

I like the scents you chose....you can sit next to me anytime! :)

Eau de Lavande is still made by Annick Goutal. <I looked at theri website> Maybe try Bergdorf Goodman Men's shop? Have you tried their Eau D'Hadrien for men? That's a nice scent too.

I always visit the Annick Goutal store when I go to Paris and end up spending too much there. I like their scents.

Archived