Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

I wear one of two Clarins (French) fragrances during the day and for casual evenings.

Eau Tranquility (very light and refreshing) by Clarins

Par Armour Toujours (still light but more floral) by Clarins

For a proper night out (which isn't very often!) I wear the heavier fragrance of Contradiction by Calvin Klein.

I must admit, I get overwhelmed with the wide range of fragrances available now :eek:

In the past I have enjoyed; Paris by Yves san Laurent (sp?), Tresor by Lancome and Amariage (sp?) by Givenchy

I change season to season, day to night and occasion to occasion:).

I have at least a dozen scents on my dresser at any one time. Favorites are Roberto Cavalli, Jaipur, Blv, Initial, Trouble (DF gave me that one for my birthday:p), Cashmir.

Great thread, heyitsmejudy!

I have several bottles as well. I used to work at the Lancome counter at Dillard's and when the bottles got low, we were to take them off the counter and they were fair game!

I also love Clinique Happy and John Paul Gaultier... it's heavier than Happy or Lovely but is a really pretty scent. And I agree with the poster about Chanel No. 5.... that's a classic that won't ever go out of style.

This is fun.. .some I hadn't heard of and want to check out.

I wear Chanel #5 on rare occasion. I'm so sensitive to fragrance, I spray a bit in the air and let some come to rest on the back of my forearm. Any closer to my nose and I'll stuff up and eyes will run all night. Any on my neck or the inside of my forearms and I will get a rash from it :rolleyes: .

Ohter peoples fragrance will stuff me up if they have it on too heavy, so please keep this in mind when you are applying yours :) . I like to say, perfume should whisper, not shout!

I wear Chanel #5 on rare occasion. I'm so sensitive to fragrance, I spray a bit in the air and let some come to rest on the back of my forearm. Any closer to my nose and I'll stuff up and eyes will run all night. Any on my neck or the inside of my forearms and I will get a rash from it :rolleyes: .

Ohter peoples fragrance will stuff me up if they have it on too heavy, so please keep this in mind when you are applying yours :) . I like to say, perfume should whisper, not shout!

You are so right. I always try to think of this when I put mine on. Some fragrances can really affect some people and not through wearing them themselves!

This thread reminds me of when I was working in an office in Dallas. One of my co-worker's mother came to visit and have lunch. We got into the perfume topic and she said, "Girls! girls!, do not, do not spray perfume on your neck!! It's the first place that shows age, so why are you spraying alcohol there??!!" She was a bit of a drama queen, but really probably right.

I use Metal, Paco Rabbane. Now discontinued, but I have a source and have bought up a lot of it.

You can indeed get too much of a good thing! My dearest aunt... (a LADY, not a gal, there's a HUGE difference!) says your perfume should go with you when you leave a room! When you get too much, your nose acclimates to it and some don't realize until eveyrone around them is sneezing and taking Tylenol that a little dab'll do ya!

Perfumes are really difficult for me because the fragrance can change (usually) to a stench on many. I have to test one out for at least 30 minutes, if I like it at that time, I will buy it. My old stand-bys are Obsession and Mackie. Last month on our cruise, I discovered Violet Angel and fell in love with it! DH knows I have such a hard time finding ones I like and can wear so he told me to go ahead and get the original bottle, plus a bottle of the refill while we were there. I've worn it ever day since returning. The only creepy thing is that my director now gets too close and into my personal space to get a whiff! What a lech!

I wear Mary Kay's "Belara". My husband bought it for me from my Mary Kay lady as a Christmas gift years ago, and I love it, and have worn it ever since. I get many compliments on it.

In the past I've worn Mary Kay's "Journey" and Este Lauder's "Private Collection". I still love them, but tend to use only one scent for a very long time.

ChattieKathy

I wore White Shoulders from High School until I my divorce, then because the sent reminded me ex-husband I could enjoy it any more. When my son got married, a little while after my divorce, my sisters gave me Boucheron. Now I wear it in the winter and I wear Auqua di Gio in the summer.

Chanel No. 5 goes rancid on my skin. Honestly, about 10 minutes after I put it on, it absolutely reeks! I used to wear Rive Gauche by Yves St Laurent, but one Christmas, DH bought me a bottle of Alfred Sung. I've never looked back - Alfred Sung has been my fragrance for the last 7 years... it's got a white floral base and is very feminine, not spicy, and I absolutely love it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have never worn any fragrances.

I like "Clean".....guess I never found one to suit my senses.

I don't like too flowery or sweet.

More of an earthy scent would be good but not too

musky.

Like I said, I have never found anything that is nice

to my nose.

With so many people being chemically sensitive to scents, I don't wear perfumes anymore when we fly or cruise. Especially flying!!

On our last cruise someone in the dining room had perfume on that made me literally gag!! I could taste it.

I've loved Shalimar for over 30 years but I'll only wear it at home. I might love it but it might make someone else gag!!

I also hate when magazines put those samples in the issues and I run when the cosmetic reps try to spritz you in the department stores..!!

In college I worked the cosmetic/fragrance counter in a department store in NY...Loved it then, could never do it now...

Guest KimberlyB

I've always been partial to Estee Lauder's Beautiful because it makes me think of my mom -- there's a little bit of lemon, a little bit of jasmine and some cedarwood for good measure. Like sgttami, I leave the fragrances at home when traveling. Nothing is worse than sitting on a plane or at a dining table with someone drenched in Eau de TOILET.:eek:

Archived