Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

I rarely wear a fragrance anymore. It is frowned upon at the office as people are sensitive and allergic, and nothing is worse that walking behind someone that smells up the enitre hallway. Ugh. I don't care how nice the smell, I don't like being "caught" in an overwhelming cloud of scent.

That said, I do like Boucheron. And of course Chanel#5 is always nice. However my bottle of Boucheron has been sitting there for 3 years now, and still not empty...and I know that fragrances "expire", so it just does not make sense for me to spend the money.

I agree with not especially enjoying a cloud of scent, which unfortunately happens more with cheap fragrances. People "bathing" in their perfume can be overwhelming to others.

But as for offices frowning upon people wearing perfume, I say "Ba Humbug" to those kinds of politically correct rules. Scents have been worn for hundreds of years and people deal with it. Just my opinion....:)

My favorite (and really the only one I wear) is Eternity.

Dh, on the other hand, loved Angel. Every time I smell Angel I think of cotton candy and can't bring myself to use it.

I've worn Angel for three years now, and I can't imagine every changing; it's my signature scent ;) "An intoxicating blend of chocolate, caramel, honey, and vanilla."

Ladies... I thought it might be fun to see what a wide array of perfumes and colognes we all use.

All those smells seem to mesh on a cruise!

I like "clean" scents and think Sarah Jessica's Lovely is, well, lovely!

I think we all need to be aware not to over spray ourselves with that favorite fragrance--mine are Clinique Happy and Elizabeth Arden Red Door.

One of my favorites is 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden. Not to strong, not too flowery, just right for me. I also like Journey by Mary Kay. I used to love Estee Youth Dew but it is too strong for me now.

I am also one of those who run from the perfume spritzers at the department stores. I get headaches, the stuff they spray is so strong.

I tend to like florals. I have quite an assortment since I buy mine on the ships...duty free and I get to try them every day before I choose one.

Clinique Happy (is my number #1 and supposedly in the world)

Pleasures Intense (I think this was a special one-time promotion)

Burberry Brit (bought in the Bahamas)

Euphoria (Calvin Klein) bought on my last cruise, very different from others

Clinique Elixor (hubby not crazy about it, but I like it)

Hugo Deep Red (similar to Brit)

Ralph Lauren Romance (used to love Safari, do they still make it?)

So what do I try on my next cruise. I bought my daughter-in-law Jessica Parker's Lovely.

I think I better use up what I have.

For all those Chanel lovers, I used to wear Coco. Give it a try, very nice for evening.

Is there a perfume you will never wear again because it reminds you a old boyfriend....mine is Shalimar.

I just recently got into perfumes, when one of my friends bought me Gucci Envy Me for my birthday. I love the grapefruity scent, and basically any other scent that has citrus or fruit - reminds me of summer and cruises. :)

My favorite right now is Paris Hilton (the original). I was not too crazy about her second one, but I just smelled a paper sample of her latest called Heiress, and I definitely want to try a real sample in the store. It might be on my Christmas wish list. I don't particularly care for Paris, but I love her scents. I love SJP but didn't particularly care for Lovely - so I suppose any prejudices about celebrity-endorsed scents have to be thrown out the window.

I agree with whoever posted about Hilary Duff's fragrance. I only smelled it in a magazine sample, but it beared a strong resemblance to Smarties. :)

I want to branch out but I find it really hard to try scents in the stores, it's easy to get overwhelemed... any tips for that?

I don't particularly care for Paris, but I love her scents.

Well, she really loves you for making her even more wealthy. ;)

I want to branch out but I find it really hard to try scents in the stores, it's easy to get overwhelemed... any tips for that?

Yes, limit how many you try. Try one on each arm and don't try anymore than two per day. See how the fragrance wears on you and if you have a Significant Other in your life, see how they react to it.

I never would buy a perfume my DH doesn't like....completely defeats the point! :D

I guess I'm in the minority here since I don't wear perfume. From time to time I'll wear the sprays from Bath and Body Works and sented oils from the Body Shop.

At work I use the Bath and Body Works sented lotions since my hands get sry thoughout the day.

My favourite is Marc Jacobs a crisp clean fragrance.Not sweet or flowery. I like to buy a different perfume from each of my travels and when I wear each one it vividly brings back the memory of that distant place.

I do the same thing!

I don't vary my scents too much, but I like to wear particular scents for particular places. Then when I'm at home, wearing those scents transports me back.

On one of my trips to Paris I got a sample of Hermes Rouge when I was shopping in their store. It's not my favorite, but I like it well enough. They gave me enough samples to last a few years, so now, whenever I go back to Paris, it's the scent I wear. When I'm home and need a Paris "fix", I put some on.

I leave this Sat. for Paris and will have my Hermes with moi! I'm still in Fla now visiting my Mom. She was on that trip with me when I got all the samples (she got a bunch too), so today I used some of hers. Now I'm really getting excited about going!

YSL fragrances tend to smell best with my body chemistry. For the last few years, I've been wearing YSL In Love Again. It has a light citrusy smell which I love. Last month while in port in St. Thomas, I bought a couple of bottles of the In Love Again Jasmine variation and I love it too. Next cruise, I'll have to stock up again. Hope I can still find it.

My two current favorites are Donna Karen's Black Cashmere and Calvin Klein's Euphoria. Another that I've worn and loved is Ralph Loren's Safari. Everyone's body chemistry is different and what smells good on one person, may not smell good on someone else. I love Channel #5 on other people, but I can't wear it.

For a long time I wore Escape,when I was in my 20's, then I switched to Hugo Boss Red. I loved it but, I have been wearing Eternity and I find it lasts longer on me than with all the others. When I enter a room and leave people know I have been there. Eternity isnt too over powering which is why I love it!

One of my favorites is 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden. Not to strong, not too flowery, just right for me. I also like Journey by Mary Kay. I used to love Estee Youth Dew but it is too strong for me now.

I am also one of those who run from the perfume spritzers at the department stores. I get headaches, the stuff they spray is so strong.

bboyack- If you like Journey...try Belara...they are similar. I used Journey forever before trying Belara...wear it exclusively now.

ChattieKathy

I am lucky in that DH travels several times a year to France and Italy. He always brings back a new perfume (never has to worry about size or color and it doesn't take up much space in the suitcase). I have a tray full of very nice perfumes-some I like more than others. Current favs are Rouge by Hermes, 24 Faubourg by Hermes and Bal au Versaille. The later is a very heavy perfume and I only wear to special nightime events.

I only wear Lou Lou by Cacharel.

I used to wear New West, but the last time I tried it on it smelled like tobacco to me. I've also tried on Clinique Simply, but it smells like black licorice on me.

That just goes to show that every ones body chemistry reacts in a different way to different chemicals.

• 5 weeks later...

I started with Chanel #5 when I was 17, then in my early 20's I tried Red Door, Red by Giorgio, White Shoulders, Coco by Chanel, and Miss Dior for a few months each. I worked at Macy's after college and was able to test a lot of others for a little while, too. Never did develop a liking for Poison or Obsession, which were big hits.

I finally got smart at age 25 and went back to #5. Almost 20 years later, I won't change!

My mother has worn Giorgio since it came out.

M

Ladies... I thought it might be fun to see what a wide array of perfumes and colognes we all use.

All those smells seem to mesh on a cruise!

I like "clean" scents and think Sarah Jessica's Lovely is, well, lovely!

Can't wear any of them..... allergies/asthma.

For every day I typically use Body spray, my favorites are Victoria's Secret's "Pure Seduction", "Love Spell" is very nice too. For more special occasions or if I want something more I love Lancome's "Hypnose" it spells so nice and the body is gorgeous.

Archived