Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

I love Victoria's Secret #55. I discovered it about 3 or 4 years ago when it was on sale for $15 a bottle, not realizing this was the clearance price because that line of parfume was being discontinued.

If I had known then what I know now, I would have bought every single bottle of it. The last time I bought it on Ebay it was around $35 a bottle. It now often sells for over $100 a bottle, with buy it now prices of $165.

I have one full bottle left and use it sparingly, I refuse to pay that kind of money on parfume. But I sure will cry when I pump the last spray out of it:( .

I used to wear Amarige by Givenchy but my husband cannot bear it, so I rarely wear it these days. He's very sensitive to scents--the only things I've found I can wear around him are Demeter single-note eau de toilettes, so I have those in some florals--Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Linden. I wore L'Occitane's Tilleul (Linden) until it was discontinued and haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for it....

Have to say that White Diamonds and Red Door are my favoriate....I'm always being told when I'm out somewhere how good I smell....Even have men ask me what I am wearing so they can buy some for their wife...I take that as a very nice complentment....

Have to say that White Diamonds and Red Door are my favoriate....I'm always being told when I'm out somewhere how good I smell....Even have men ask me what I am wearing so they can buy some for their wife...I take that as a very nice complentment....

Yes! I'd say that's a good sign it's working!

I usually wear "Euphoria" by Calvin Klein. I had tried on one of the samples that comes in magazines, and DH absolutely loved it. It is one of the few perfumes that doesn't really change scent on me during the day.

I also wear "Weekend" by Burberry if I want something lighter.

I just got a small sample of "Armani Code" from Sephora, but I dropped it on our bathroom floor when I was trying it on. Our bathroom reeked for two days!

I am a perfume-aholic!!! Love scents:D !! It is sad sometimes because DH is allergic to different smells... I have to be careful.

Right now I am using Givenchy's Very Irresistible, Vera Wang's Sheer Veil, VS's dream angels halo, and Envious from Gendarme.

I have Anais Anais also, but I am finding that I am starting to outgrow it. I have been wearing it since high school and it smells a bit too sweet for me lately.:o

I do love the smell of Eternity and Pleasures on other people... they just do not smell right on me at all. It is strange how we each have different chemistries and a scent can change on someone else's body.

The next ones that I am looking to buy are Burberry London and Badgley Mischka. Maybe Santa is reading this;) !

I always wear Vera Wang (the original scent). I have had numerous people - many of them men - ask me what the fragrance is because they want to buy it for themselves or their wives. However, I also participate in a lot of group activities (mostly singing) where people around me have severe allergy problems, so I am careful to go light on the perfume (or not wear any during performance times). I like to use the shower gel because most of the scent washes away so it is not too strong. Also Vera Wang makes a gel based version that is not too strong since you are not spraying it all over the place.

I've enjoyed Attraction the past couple of years.....and J'Adore......love, love, love, Chanel's Mademoiselle....bit pricey for me; but had it in past and keep hinting for it for Christmases past.....maybe this Christmas.

My favorite is Caleche by Hermes (I wore it in college, stopped wearing scents for 20+ years and resumed after our trip to Italy last year). I also wear L'Instant de Guerlain, which is more of a floral, but not overpowering. I used to tuck a saturated cotton ball into my bra to keep the scent alive (and personal), but now I get a rash, so I have to think of another place for it!

Clinique Happy is my all time favorite! You can't believe the people (mostly guys) that have asked what I'm wearing. I also like a perfume my husband found for me in Kuwait called Glory, but I have not been able to track in down in the states or online (good thing work just took him back over there so he could get me some more!). And next week I'm going to buy Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I've been dying to try it!

I have never worn any fragrances.

I like "Clean".....guess I never found one to suit my senses.

I don't like too flowery or sweet.

Like I said, I have never found anything that is nice

to my nose.

Have you smelled L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake. It is a divine, fresh, clean and clear fragrance.

I have never liked any "sweet" fragrances and there seem to be so many out there. I've always liked something tangy and lemony and not heavy in any way. Problem is those scents don't last. As weird as this sounds something that works for me are some men's fragrances. something that smells like the ocean is my kind of scent! There are quite a few uni sex scents out there that are also good for me. My all time favorites is Anick Goutal's L'eau de Hadrian and 4711. Not very exotic but you can't smell me coming a mile away!! haha!

Have you smelled L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake. It is a divine, fresh, clean and clear fragrance.

Hi,:) I haven't checked this thread lately.

Actually, I have never even heard of the brand you mentioned.

Who is Issey Miyake? Guess when it comes to fragrances

I am a total novice.

I know some of the names mentioned ..when my

Mom was alive she wore Emeraud..is that the correct

spelling? And is it even still around?

And she had a bottle of Chanel...we just were never

a fragrance family. Dad's nose has always been sensative:eek:

Archived