Live from the Pride - So. Caribbean

SantaAna,CA

Oh noooooooooooo. I am hoping the "re-entry" will be a bit easier after only one week than the two week cruise I had in April. Major attitude problem when I went back to work last time.

BB...I had thirteen, count 'em, thirteen dives. A record I think, and I loved every minute of it.

Jane ;)

I understand that Kodak has a site you can post your pictures and then give people a link, if I can figure it out I'll do that I surely will, I think I got some really good ones.

Jane :rolleyes:

I used to use the Kodak site for posting photos, but if you don't buy a copy within a year they remove all the photos. I've been testing out Flickr (http://www.flickr.com) The free account limits the number of pictures you are allowed to post per month and the total number, but I think they stay there forever (or at least until the company goes under) This link explains the differences between the free and paid versions: Flickr Free Account. Another plus, you don't have to install software to upload photos, they have a web interface, or you can install software to make it go faster. Others on this board may have better recommendations.

I can't wait to see everyone's photos.

Jackie

t time.

BB...I had thirteen, count 'em, thirteen dives. A record I think, and I loved every minute of it.

Jane ;)

And to think she needs instructions on breath in breath out..... That's a California girl for you... :D

Did anybody book another cruise this past week??? Inquiring Minds need to know. :D

Okay, smart aleck, consider yourself smacked for the California girl comment! I know how to breathe!! *I think*

I had decided to book a Silversea cruise to the Seychelles November - December of 2007, but I had such an incredible time on the Pride this past week I am reconsidering. The Pride has the same cruise a year from now and I'm looking at the December 8, 2007 sailing for 14 days. Anything to avoid having to change planes in Miami, recheck my luggage, and run like a madwoman from one side of the airport to another to catch the connection to LAX. What a nightmare. (Now if that isn't a good excuse for adding on a second week, I don't know what is!)

Jane :)

Who is wishing the current Pride Sailors a delightful voyage!

Okay, smart aleck, consider yourself smacked for the California girl comment! I know how to breathe!! *I think*

I had decided to book a Silversea cruise to the Seychelles November - December of 2007, but I had such an incredible time on the Pride this past week I am reconsidering. The Pride has the same cruise a year from now and I'm looking at the December 8, 2007 sailing for 14 days. Anything to avoid having to change planes in Miami, recheck my luggage, and run like a madwoman from one side of the airport to another to catch the connection to LAX. What a nightmare. (Now if that isn't a good excuse for adding on a second week, I don't know what is!)

Hi Jane,

As one who has sailed both SS and SB...if you can find a sailing on SB..for goodness sakes do it. The only thing SS has that is great is the ship. You would be so let down after the spoiling that SB does. SS doen't even come close. So glad that you are so enthusiastic and having so much fun. Lola

'

The Pride has the same cruise a year from now and I'm looking at the December 8, 2007 sailing for 14 days.

Hey I was not the one that said she couldn't run an underwater camera and breathe at the same time. :D

In Dec 2007 we may be passing in the night, me off to New Zealand and you back to the Caribbean...... But I love the sound of 14 days on a cruise ship going to exciting places.... Just wish mine was not a mega wopper ship for Dec. 2007.

Jane

One ship you should check out is the RSSC Paul Gauguin. It does Tahiti/South Pacific year around. I just checked and they offer a number of levels of dives at every port. http://www.rssc.com/voyage/search.do?region=S.PAC.

The Paul G is 17,000 tons so a little bigger than the sisters and like the sisters has a water sports marina. While the service I had on RSSC is not SB level, it still was very good. I would be hard pressed to say who had better food.

The big plus for you, is it is LAX to Tahiti, while a long flight it is only one flight. :)

Once BB makes the big move to mid state California, he plans to do the Paul G.

BB, I did check them out. In fact, when I got home there was a brochure in my mailbox. But I'm so hooked on Seabourn, I think I might just go back "home" next year. Especially after LaPaloma's urging, which is right on the money in my opinion.

By the way, thanks for the link to your pictures BB. Brought back fond memories. Your experience on Tobago was better than ours, we were rained out that day. I am going to try and print your beautiful picture of the St. Lucia Pitons for my album. Nice one.

Jane P.

I know you're enjoying your Christmas holiday....the Seabourn way!

I have made contact with Kevin and will be seeing him in Barbados on Dec. 16th.....Oh how we all miss him aboard the Pride! Seabourn's loss and Princess gain~~~:cool:

Enjoy the BBC's.....too sweet/milkshaky for me, ....... I'll just

have my Cuban Mojito or Nelson's world famous Pimms Cup 2, with Ginger Ale......it's also VERY healthy! (vegetable salad, actually)

Martita

Hi Jane, it's Eileen from your April Legend cruise. I have been busy reading your report and being very jealous that you got back on Seabourn so quickly! Bob and I have been drooling over various Seabourn itineraries but none of them fit into our scheduled week without the kids -- March 31 - April 8. We enjoyed St. Kitts and Nevis on our Seabourn stops in April so we are going back for 3 nights on St. Kitts and then 5 on Nevis. Bob loved the golf courses there :) and I thought those islands were just charming so we are looking forward to it. We'll be back on Seabourn some day but it's difficult arranging time away from our kids. There's a whole list of itineraries we can't wait to try, including the one you just did but they don't seem to offer that one in March/April, only in November/December. Oh well, one can hope . . . we just got back from Thanksgiving week in Arizona with the kids -- spent a week in Sedona and the Grand Canyon, it was awe-inspiring. Coming down a few notches in the cruise world to take the kids on a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska in August -- I am sure it will be quite a shock :eek: after Seabourn but we find a RCCL cruise to be a good product for families, just not our choice for a romantic couples trip! Hope you have a very Happy New Year, say hi to Sis and Rick for us and hope to see you on Seabourn again some day:)

>"Did anybody book another cruise this past week??? Inquiring Minds need to know"

I did, but starting in '08. I will do Valpariso to Rio....and it was almost already booked! I think this means I get to meet Granny Lorr and Hubby. Yes, it's too early to start a roll call, I think.

Here in St Bart's today. Tonight is the Deck BBQ and Rock the Boat. That will be fun. Last week the RTB was in the Club because of weather. Last night at the Formal dinner, I begged off sitting with the Environmental Engineer and had dinner in my suite. Then, because the guest performer didn't arrive, we were lucky to have Jan's wonderful show.

Not sure what else to report; did meet Disney Jen and hubby; haven't met WIF yet. The sea day on Sunday was sunny and everyone was making the most of the delightful weather. Capt G-A is about but not in uniform; had a nice chat with him today.

I found out that a hired car and driver would cost $500. in Marigot. I wanted to go buy some Edam cheese in Phillipsburg. I want a really big one, but for that price I can fly RT to Amsterdam!

Best to all!

Jane,

If you're considering any shopping today, I can highly recommend two great places in St Barth's. After 4 or 5 visits to this island, we have never been disappointed in the selection as well as the friendly service at Laurent Effel (near Le Select in Gustavia) for shoes and bags, and The Black Swan for tea shirt type stuff. The owner at Laurent Effel remembered me from last year. Somehow I can never leave that island without a new pair of shoes!

The men's store around the corner is great, too.

Yes Jane, hubby and I will be on the 2008 cruise...the whole 72 days! Cant wait!......There will also be three couples who were on our last cruise, 2 from the US who will be doing one or 2 of the legs, and another couple from good old Brisbane who are doing the whole 72 days as well.

>

I found out that a hired car and driver would cost $500. in Marigot. I wanted to go buy some Edam cheese in Phillipsburg. I want a really big one, but for that price I can fly RT to Amsterdam!

Jane, you don't know me, but I recently was in St.Martin with (the other!) Paul....my husband and I got off the ship, wandered into town a little later than others and hired a car, driver and his wife as tour guide for $30 for an entire trip around the island! Others found similar deals, after the crush! Good luck!

Welcome home, Dearheart!;) and WHERE are the pics? I know you look dashing and smashing in your white...so SHOW others!

I'm trying this out, tell me if you can see any of these pictures from my Barbados-Barbados cruise, 12/2 - 12/9 on the Pride; it includes me and Paul (Crystal808) dressed up for formal night, a couple of pictures of I think Grenada, me in front of a masted schooner that anchored next to the Pride, Jan Stearman the cruise director, and the shore excursion (horseback riding) on Margarita Island:

Jane

Oh good, I'm glad the link worked out, thanks for letting me know.

BB, sorry I forgot to answer your question about the marina day. Right; we were supposed to have it in Tobago, but as I mentioned while posting that day, we couldn't even get into Charlotteville because of the bad weather, so no marina day and I didn't get my dive in either. Fortunately it was the only day that things got "washed out" so to speak, and the great dives and excursions the rest of the week more than made up for it!

Eileen, how great to see your post. I have such fond memories of that cruise on the Legend we shared. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, and I hope to see you again on Seabourn soon.

P.S. I am booking the Pride, December 8-22, 2007. Same itinerary, with an added week that disembarks in Ft. Lauderdale, so no Miami airport insanity coming home. My heart is already pining for the Pride.

Who will learn to be patient, as a year is a looooooong time.....

Archived