Live from the Pride - So. Caribbean

SantaAna,CA

Great pictures Jane, but while BB found the breadsticks he is still looking for the pink tanks... :D

One nice thing about my St. Thomas cruise is that you clear US Customs and Immg. in St. Thomas and from there your baggage is in the hands of the wonderful airlines :eek:

For your next cruise be sure to book a dive on Virgin Gorda for the

HMS Rhone is one of the best and most popular dived in the BVI. You can swim over the outline of the ship where she broke up. The HMS Rhone was a Royal Mail Steam Packet Ship which had both sail power and a steam driven propellor. In August of 1867 a storm blew up and the captain thought it was too late in the season for a hurricane, that it was just a nor'easter. She was sunk off the end of Salt Island as she was trying to stand out to sea.

It looks to be around 6 miles from VG to Salt Island so a dive shop probably will go there.

Probably a repeat story, but on my cruise a major diver was the Hotel Manager Rick. I first meet Rick when I got on the ship with my suite problems. But two days later I was seating in the Veranda Cafe in my HMS Rhone tee-shirt and he saw it and we became "buds" after that. :)

Sad to say the Rhone was one of my last dives.:( The water off Tampa is just sand and more sand and I gave up diving because I could not dive enough to feel comfortable.

Very nice shots, Jane! I hope to set some up, as well, by later this week, and will provide a link here....

Dog Mommie! Good to see you're browsing on the SB board! (Hope abounds!) Hoping you & Terry have a wonderful holiday season, and that you aren't the "hostess" this time around (again!). Be sure to let me know if you can twist T. into a SB week, and when...I'll be there!

John III...alas, my hair is doing "both"! :eek: :D ;)

Paul

who feels compelled to remind everyone that he got his hair cut the day before leaving for Barbados, if it matters (which it doesn't!)...

tennisbunny; that makes two of us. I will be on the Pride Dec. 8 - 22 of 2007. Sort of a same time, next year thing for me. They even let me pick my cabin; 226. No balcony this time, but I love the big windows just as much!

LaPaloma...thank you Lola (about the gown). I bought it special for this cruise. Everyone forget what it looks like, please, because I'm bringing it next year as well.

Paul, lucky you going in March. Please post your adventures and I will live vicariously.

BB, right, the Rhone. I missed it last time around; I will keep that in mind.

Jane

Who Misses You All

>" Somehow I can never leave that island without a new pair of shoes!"

Thanks for the information. Speaking of shoes one of the cruisers bought THE MOST PERFECT DANCING SHOES! They are glam, and I know shoes. They are heels and a t-strap with sparkling crystals on the straps. I cannot do them justice, but they are the most splendid shoes I have seen for dancing. She just twinkled. (OK, yes, I am waxing on a bit). She got them in St Bart's and they were very 'dear'..and she would sell them to me for $7000. A bargain, I bet. But we all know I could never walk in them, let alone dance.

We are in Martinique today, bits of rain showers but I did the tour; way too long, but the guide tried very hard. I spent the time practicing my French with the bus driver. The routine onboard is as usual, and of course, wonderful. I have found out that Laurent and Wilhem S. will be on the Legend in LA for the Panama trip. The chef in '2' will be joining the Legend, but not until March. He's wonderful too. But I think the food prize goes to Geoffrey, the breakfast cook in the DR. He makes the most fantastic poached eggs; absolutely perfect every time.

I am ready to disembark with no gnashing of teeth and beating of breasts, as it were. But that's because in a month or so I get back to Seabourn with new ports and more sea days (read Trivia here).

I miss you all from the first week; never got to meet Simon or Don. But there is always another time, eh?

JaneBP: $7000?? Oh, tres chere! I'm glad you've been relaxing...and you've figured out how to take the pain out of disembarking! ;)

Here's a link to photos of my trip, including pre- and post-Barbados days (thanks to Jane [santaAna] for a few "portraits"!):

http://web.mac.com/pwatson808

Paul

looking forward to seeing his new, and old, friends aboard the Legend 3-11-07!

Paul,

Good shots BUT who took the picture of you and Jane....

I believe one of the stewardesses took that one...I'm trying to "revamp" my photos so the comments can be seen. (First attempt at "iWeb" photos! :eek: ) May replace that link later....

Paul

who will be watching for BB's wave...;)

I'm trying to "revamp" my photos so the comments can be seen. (First attempt at "iWeb" photos! :eek: ) May replace that link later....

Couldn't quite finish up while at work (where I edited my originals), so an updated version will have to wait until tomorrow.... (I thought that "comments" would transfer from iPhoto to iWeb, but apparently not!)

Thanks for the pics Paul. Aren't crocs great?

I was reading on the "Fashion" board (!) before my cruise, and decided to try a pair. What a hoot! They're really wonderful! I won't sail without them ever!!! :D (I might even get another pair in a different color...:eek: before March!)

Paul

a new croc-ophile

Couldn't quite finish up while at work (where I edited my originals), so an updated version will have to wait until tomorrow.... (I thought that "comments" would transfer from iPhoto to iWeb, but apparently not!)

Never liked iPhoto. I use JAlbum (a Java app) to make mine and now that I have a .Mac account, I just open it an drag the folder my JAlbum files are in to my iDisk and bingo a Web Site is built... :)

While at works I program a Linux box and have to deal with a lot of techie computer stuff, I want my Home machine to be easy and not something that requireds me to fight it tooth and nail. Hey the railroad loves me because I can spell C and Tuxedo..... :D

JaneBP: $7000?? Oh, tres chere! I'm glad you've been relaxing...and you've figured out how to take the pain out of disembarking! ;)

Here's a link to photos of my trip, including pre- and post-Barbados days (thanks to Jane [santaAna] for a few "portraits"!):

http://web.mac.com/pwatson808

Paul

looking forward to seeing his new, and old, friends aboard the Legend 3-11-07!

Loved the pictures..and..must say...think I will start a little rumor...Paul and Jane??? No kidding. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Nice to see CCer's enjoying the trip together.

Archived