***live From The Sun Princess*** (12/10/06)

arlenemilt

Arlene, hang in there! If we had no air I don't think I would have fared as well as you did....my hot flashes combined with actual heat would have been intolerable! I am loving your posts...

LOL. We don't talk about hot flashes. They have a mind of their own. :D

Arlene (really getting out of here now)

No you are not your green light is still on .

Sounds like you are cooler now . Your description made me laugh .

Let me know what there is to see and do in Isle Margarita . It is one of the ports we are visiting in January .

Arlene & Milt, hang in there. Love your posts. No AC - I would have had to either jump or sleep in the pool. Have not heard a word about the CB. And you know S. Florida TV is always ready to jump on a cruise ship problem.

Take care. Weather here in Ft. Lauderdale today is rainy and warm.

Let me know what there is to see and do in Isle Margarita . It is one of the ports we are visiting in January .

What there is to see in Isla Margarita?????............nothing. Lots of vendors right off the ship with mostly jewelry and the usual assortment of tee shirts and crafts. What there definitely is, is HEAT! Abominable HEAT! We spent a very long one hour away from the blessed A/C. Perhaps there is something else to see here; we opted not to find out.

Arlene

This is a real quickie; need to go back to cabin and "wring" myself out. Forgot to tell you about last night's entertainment, which even with the non A/C continued as usual. The headliner was a violinist (she's coming back tonight) and the alternate show was the small production "Ces't Magnifique" which is also coming back tonight. We've seen the production number too many times and have no interest in violins; especially a whole hour of it!

We won trivia again this AM; more luggage tags and water bottles. We can't even give them away.

OK....enough for now. Need water.

Arlene

What there is to see in Isla Margarita?????............nothing. Lots of vendors right off the ship with mostly jewelry and the usual assortment of tee shirts and crafts. What there definitely is, is HEAT! Abominable HEAT! We spent a very long one hour away from the blessed A/C. Perhaps there is something else to see here; we opted not to find out.

Arlene

Sounds exciting !!! NOT !

I guess once we walk throught the market I will take the boys to the beach . It is supposed to be nice . One can walk a long way in and I have been told the water is shallow . My kind of beach . I hate big waves .

LOL. We don't talk about hot flashes. They have a mind of their own. :D

Arlene (really getting out of here now)

WOW!...I couldn't see myself withoutn any A/C on a ship?....I couldn't imagine taht happening on the Tahitian for 3 weeks!

Hello from quiet little Timaru!:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

This is a real quickie; need to go back to cabin and "wring" myself out. Forgot to tell you about last night's entertainment, which even with the non A/C continued as usual. The headliner was a violinist (she's coming back tonight) and the alternate show was the small production "Ces't Magnifique" which is also coming back tonight. We've seen the production number too many times and have no interest in violins; especially a whole hour of it!

We won trivia again this AM; more luggage tags and water bottles. We can't even give them away.

OK....enough for now. Need water.

Arlene

We got plenty of water here, it's falling out of the Sky:eek: Raining since Port Everglades' Gully Washer! It must be the same Rain you went through 2 Days ago out of Ft Laud.?;) Keep me informed on the Caribbean Princess, we'll be on it for a quickie, 2/11:D The IC has been quite full all day, as there is not a lot on the schedule today, there should be, as it is a Sea Day, But it is not much!:( The Shows also, are very weak tonight!:( Might as well of got off in Ft Laud. The Menu, better not be weak also! Your reports Arlene, are Great! Keep up the good work, I'm outa here in another 24 hours+ :+((( My Best! Bill

I'm enjoying your postings very much. We did the identical itinerary on the Sun a year ago. I agree, Isla Margarita is the weakest link IMHO. Congratulations on winning the trivia game. In the "olden" days (1997) the prizes were more interesting. I still have a faux Tiffany clock and a faux Mont Blanc pen.

Do something exciting and dangerous on Dominica or Barbados. Thanks again for taking the time to share your adventures with us.

thank you arlene for your timely reply to my question. i apologize for the delay in thanking you. as it happens i had to cancel the cruise:( .

enjoying your postings...really very interesting and well written. clare

Enjoy your blog. We're vicariously following your every step including youyr sitting "nekkid' in your cabin and Milt's doing... what?

My wife and I were booked to be on the same cruise, but things got hectic here with Xmas, grandkids, etc. so we had to cancel on 12/5. Thank god for cruise insurance and the Platinum upgrade to a 90% credit! So with qa lack of A/C and the noro scare, maybe we lucked out.

Hope the remaining days are sunny and delightful.

BTW. Any suggestions from other bloggers as to where we should use the credit we now have from our cancelled sun cruise? We've been to Eastern and Western Caribbean and Mexican Riviera.

Good Morning from clear, sunny and probably humid Barbados. (Haven't gone out there yet). Captain just gave the all clear to go ashore and said it's 83 degrees. Inasmuch as we've been here previously, we're in no great rush to get off the ship. Will eventually check out what I remember as very expensive "stuff."

Real excitement last night. We won the Liars Club. Whoopie! Sorry, but if you're living vicarously through me, it gets a bit boring after a while. :)

Lots of movies today on board. They're showing The Sentinel at 3:30 PM, The Lake House at 6:15 and 8:15 and Da Vinci Code at 10:15 PM. Milt wants to see Da Vinci, but it's a 2 1/2 hour movie, so he may be watching it by himself. I read the book.

Princess sent an apology letter last night regarding the loss of A/C from the preceding night. They have given every passenger $100 shipboard credit. I'm amazed and delighted. It's a lot of money for a few hours of discomfort.

Went to see the FCC guy this AM and bought 4 more future credits. Got to have those extras; you never know when the need to book a cruise arises.

The noro incident of a few days ago never materialized. I therefore think the whole thing was definitely a rumor.

Treesah: I stopped doing dangerous/adventurous stuff a few years ago, after I broke my ankle in god-forsaken Capadoccia. :mad: My adventures now mainly consist of overutilization of my credit cards. ;)

Tony: Impatiently waiting for you to get on the Tahitian. Need you to take over the "Live."

Bill: Heard that our area got more rain yesterday and broke records from the 50's.

Il Professore: When I read your first line I laughed so loudly that everyone in this room turned to look at me.

Ok Folks....time to go ashore.

Arlene

BTW. Any suggestions from other bloggers as to where we should use the credit we now have from our cancelled sun cruise? We've been to Eastern and Western Caribbean and Mexican Riviera.

If you haven't been on the Coral/Island or to the Panama Canal, Do it!;)

The Coral/Island or the Best Ships in the Fleet(Big & Small;) ) & the Panama Canal is always a Wow!:D :eek: (IMHO) Anyone else? My Best!

Bill (Live on the Golden- Last Day!):(

Good Morning from clear, sunny and probably humid Barbados. ..........................................................................................

Princess sent an apology letter last night regarding the loss of A/C from the preceding night. They have given every passenger $100 shipboard credit. I'm amazed and delighted. It's a lot of money for a few hours of discomfort.

Wow that's Super Nice, Princess must have finally got a "Heart" maybe they went to see "The Wizard" (of Oz) :D :eek: :D

Went to see the FCC guy this AM and bought 4 more future credits. Got to have those extras; you never know when the need to book a cruise arises.

Yup, we just got 4 more also, as you just Never Know!:D (It cost us $900.00 OBCs, not having enough, during my recent splurge.:(

The noro incident of a few days ago never materialized. I therefore think the whole thing was definitely a rumor.

No Noro problems on the Golden either during this 17 Day TA from Rome! :+)

Ok Folks....time to go ashore.

Hey, Your green light is still on, Talk to us, Please? :+)

Arlene

My Best, you're doing a Fantastic Job, Tony will be Live soon! Bill

The Coral/Island or the Best Ships in the Fleet(Big & Small;) ) & the Panama Canal is always a Wow!:D :eek: (IMHO) Anyone else? My Best!

I agree with Bill!! One other cruise we really enjoyed was the 15 day Hawaii on the Island. With 10 sea days it was great!

Hello.........checking in at a little past 2 PM. Nothing earth shattering has occurred, so nothing to say.

Just a comment about the little green light. When I said I was leaving, I left. I don't understand why my green light stayed on all that time. Good thing I'm not paying for it. :D There must be something in the CC setup that sometimes keeps that light burning even though you're not there anymore.

Arlene

Hi- Is the pool band "Tidal Wave" on the Sun now?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. We did the exact same itinerary on the Dawn princess last year.

What's a pool band? :p Seriously, we don't "do" pool. Don't even pack a swimsuit. As Floridians we have all year round pool if we so desire. We don't. :) Had a house many years ago with a pool. For the 11 years we owned it, I think after the first year I never set foot in it. Milt probably used it for three and then all he did was change chemicals.

Arlene

Hello.........checking in at a little past 2 PM. Nothing earth shattering has occurred, so nothing to say.

Just a comment about the little green light. When I said I was leaving, I left. I don't understand why my green light stayed on all that time. Good thing I'm not paying for it. :D There must be something in the CC setup that sometimes keeps that light burning even though you're not there anymore.

Arlene

Are you telling the Whole Truth;) , so help you God?:D Bill(on a Very Sad Day!)

Apart from the pool area I prefer the Sun and Dawn to Island Princess also I prefered the cabin setups.

I got a cozy feeling on Sun and Dawn which I didnot feel on Island...plus the fact that the smoking areas were more contained on the older ships.

Have you had your Lobster nite yet Arlene?

Archived