legend of the seas

chibull

Howdy chibull!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Legend of The Seas. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Royal Caribbean International Forum where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is the best location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and to be able to help you with information concerning the ship.

I hope you don't mind a friendly suggestion, but you might want to read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in the different forum sections. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

You might want to join Legend's February 24, 2007 Caribbean Cruise Roll Call. That's where you will get to know other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=418763 and read all the posts to get to know your fellow Roll Call members. Then make a post with a little bit of information about yourself. I'm sure the others will welcome you with replies and you can take your on-line relationship from there. Most often, lots of information will be shared there about the ship, ports of calls, tours, etc.

Also, don't forget to register for the Meet & Mingle party sponsored by RCI. For more info:

ROLL CALLS - Royal Caribbean " Meet & Mingle"

- Meet & Mingle Info and RCCL Meet & Mingle FAQ

- Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party

- Confirmed Meet & Mingle Party List

I sincerely hope all this information will be satisfactory. Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif 'Tis the season to be jolly... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

:rolleyes:Wife and I will be on Legend of the Seas Feb 24, 2007. Is this ship in pretty good shape being 10 years old? It looks ok. Have any of you cruisers been on her recently?

Yep..... was on the 11/11 sailing..... Legend is still very much a beautiful ship.....but as I have posted elsewhere - in my opinion - I thought some areas were looking a "little tired". Not bad - just tired.

I should say that we did sail Serenade last Nov. and it is sooo new and fresh that this might have tainted my point of view a bit.... but I would also have to say that I remember Rhapsody being in really nice condition also.....

You will have a great time..... and the new beds were nice.

We just got off the Legend this morning. All in all she's a beautiful ship, but as texancruzer said, she's a bit "tired" in spots, mostly the mini-golf area. There was a bit of wear and tear in our cabin (7016), but nothing that I wouldn't have expected in a ship of her age. Loved the new beds, however. They were actually more comfortable than ours here at home. :)

We were on the Legend last year (2005), and while we were onboard the Voyager just a few weeks ago, we missed the Legend immensely. We realized we are more geared toward a Vision-class ship, and her size and public areas were absolutely perfect for us. She is a great ship, and regardless of a few tired areas or some worn areas, you'll love it. She's a beauty!

We can't wait to book another cruise on her, too. Glad to hear the new bedding has arrived there, too. It was wonderful on the Voyager!

Enjoy!!

We were on her in August 06 in Europe and having been on Princess, Disney CL and P & O, I was MOST impressed by her. Don't be put off by being told she is a little "tired" in places( no disrespect to the peopk,e who stated this)... unless you have just got off Freedom or similar, you cannot fault her( you would be dumb to expect her to look like a new 2006 ship?) We had a superior interior cabin and a JS and thought both were fab value and size. I have booked her again for Western Caribbean April 07 from Tampa in a GS for 7 nights(treat for kids) , so she must meet out approval in some respects to consider flying all the way from UK to travel on her once more.We cancelled Sovereign 4 night to Bahamas on 16th April to go on Legend from 14th April 7 nights(knowing what we had found previously and negative reports reports re Sovereign had been a factor).

I am 37 years old, DH is 46 and kids 9 and 12 (they thought she was wonderful!). Staff, food, kids facilities, bars etc all wonderful. Have a great cruise and let us know all about it.Hollyanna:)

Archived