National Whiner's Day - Let's Talk NCL

flyingpirate

Hi Kids!

Everyone knows today is Boxing Day, but it's also a lesser known, but quite useful holiday - National Whiner's Day! To our British friends, that would be Winger's Day ;)

So, today, just for fun, go ahead, complain!

What's your beef with NCL and why. One per customer! :p

So that this is completely relevant, I'll take the gripes and send them in to (someone) and let's see what we can do to improve what isn't perfect about our line of choice.

Today I am whining because the bookings for the Hawaiian cruises are available for booking today even though NCL hasn't contacted me about my now cancelled Sun cruise to Hawaii.

I am whining because when I call they basically say, "Don't call us, we'll call you." The person I spoke to was very nice and even checked with a supervisor.

When will they call me?

WHAAAAA!

Today is National Whiner's Day -- sadly, often an all too appropriate name for the day after Christmas

from

http://www.recess.ufl.edu/transcripts/2003/1226.shtml

National Hugging Day is celebrated in a number of nations on January 21st. It was founded in 1986 by Reverend Kevin Zaborney, who also founded National Whiner's Day on December 26th of that same year.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hugging_Day

I wish the NCL-Hawaii ships had more Hawaii theming, to make it feel like less of a generic cruise ship and cruise experience. This would make passengers more happy, and would make NCL more money by increasing demand.

You have three ships based in Hawaii permanently, why not take the theming and Hawaiian activities to another level?

It's great they have Butch doing old school Hawaiian songs on some cruises, but I'd like to see a lot more Hawaiian entertainers -- Dancers, slack key & steel guitar, ukelele, singers. The ukelele and hula classes are jammed, so have more. Play some romantic Hawaiian tunes from the 20's-60's where people can slow dance and chat with drinks on the deck railing and they'll love it. I don't think people would put up with occasional breaks from the blaring pop music around the pool.

One thing the old Independence & Constitution ships had was a really good Hawaiian cultural teacher (Kumu). They do give some talks on the ships but I think more history and culture would be gobbled up by folks.

How about more prominent displays of Hawaiian clothing in the ship's shops? (collared resort) aloha shirts for the guys and muu-muu's and floral dresses for the ladies. The first couple nights, even put them out on tables in front of the store. Seeing people dress up in Hawaiian clothing for dinner makes EVERYONE smile and makes the cruise more memorable. Plus the cruiseline makes more $$$.

I give strong credit to the paintings in the main dining room of the Pride of Hawaii, which are beautiful depictions of Hawaiian history. I also give credit to the Aisle display which shows Hawaiian memorabilia and posters from the 20's-50's. They could add more bits of Hawaiiana throughout the ship, though. I don't expect Hawaiian theming on the Pride of America -- they could add more American theming on it. :) They did an amazing job with the eagle in the lobby and the jefferson's specialty restaurant.

How can you have a cruise website that you can not price or book a cruise on. :mad: The purpose of e-commerce is to take a load off your call center. The new site has increased call volume resulting in the number one whine here longer hold times.

CC members can because we know the link to the old booking engine. A simple link on the new site and they are back in the online revenue game.:rolleyes: Not pretty like the new site but it works.

Click here to price your cruise

Bingo is too expensive: if it were a little less, I would play and give them even more money. NMNita

My wife says that also. I consider her not playing (and giving them even more money) a plus ;)

LOL

-Monte

Wouldn't it be nice if those of us who do not live near ports could get somewhat of a break on our cruise price since we have a long expensive flight to take prior to the cruise?

I think so, since I live in Montana!:cool:

It just isn't fair!!:D :D

Bingo is too expensive: if it were a little less, I would play and give them even more money. Basically I can't think of too much to complain about, my biggest whine is listening to the whinners. (spelling) NMNita

I second that. Also, they should bring back horse racing.

I'd like to whine about NCL's decision to not base a ship in Houston. We've done the Texaribbean cruise twice and really enjoy the Western Caribbean. It's much easier for us to fly to Houston than to Miami, and I'd really like to see them put a ship back there instead of having everything based in Miami.

Wouldn't it be nice if those of us who do not live near ports could get somewhat of a break on our cruise price since we have a long expensive flight to take prior to the cruise?

I think so, since I live in Montana!:cool:

It just isn't fair!!:D :D

Move :D - try out the cost of living in NJ - that airfare will seem like a bargain;)

Sailaways, baby!

Try living in Los Angeles! No, don't do that to yourself! ;) Seriously, you could cruise forever on what it costs to live out here!!

John...what, there is no horse racing? So what were all those thunderous hoofbeats on the promenade all about.....oh, joggers...:p ;) :D

Move :D - try out the cost of living in NJ - that airfare will seem like a bargain;)

No thank you - The average price of a home where we live is well under $200,000. And, the air is healthy too!. :)

I agree - the airfare is quite a bargain; all things considered.

I'll stay right here in Big Sky Country and breath the nice fresh air

I hear ya Laurel - We have previously lived in Baltimore MD, San Diego, Santa Ana, Sacramento CA, Seattle, Anacortes WA., and on and on -( DH job moves.)

So happy that we have retired to a less hectic lifestyle. It truly is lovely.

But, I still would like a break on the cruise fare - just because & why not?!;):)

Being able to book on the new site would be nice. :)

Please do something about reservations for the specialty restaurants, giving all a chance to book, not just early birds onboard. :)

Also being given a break on prices from Minnesota--the cost of living is expensive here, just housing is not. We pay more in taxes than East or West coast people. Food is outrageous with having to truck it in during those cold months that seem to last forever. And clothing, cost is another story all together. Maybe the coast people should move to the midwest then we could all have breaks on the price of a cruise. :D

To be fair I think NCL prices are pretty fair across the board.

And the final------------------------------------------------------

please make a port to leave on a cruise from Duluth, Minnesota(3 hours away)--Lake Superior to Hudson Bay to St Lawerence Seaway to the Atlantic Ocean. :D

I second that. Also, they should bring back horse racing.

Oh, the horse racing for sure. You know, it does make any difference whether they do it the way it was done 20 years ago, where they just had the racees each morning or if the do the more elaborate one; people buy the horses, dress them and race them toward the end of the cruise. It was always popular, had to be a money maker and suddenly the races are a thing of the past. Don't you wonder why? The horses were always well behaved and made just a little mess....LOL

I'd like to whine about NCL's decision to not base a ship in Houston. We've done the Texaribbean cruise twice and really enjoy the Western Caribbean. It's much easier for us to fly to Houston than to Miami, and I'd really like to see them put a ship back there instead of having everything based in Miami.

By this fall NOLA will have 4 ships home-ported here. The tourist areas are back in business. The food is as great as ever. We even act like we are glad you are here,...because we are really, really glad you've come to see us. Can't be as expensive as flying to Miami, can it?

Archived