National Whiner's Day - Let's Talk NCL

flyingpirate

I never thought I would be saying this... but bring back the old website as it is better than the new one. The old one is not as colorful and pleasing to the eye as the new one but functionality is well, LOUSY. I want to be able to price my own cruise, compare balconies to penthouses and check availability of various staterooms. Thanks I feel better after that whine!

I third it! I dislike that new site intensely

I never thought I would be saying this... but bring back the old website as it is better than the new one. The old one is not as colorful and pleasing to the eye as the new one but functionality is well, LOUSY. I want to be able to price my own cruise, compare balconies to penthouses and check availability of various staterooms. Thanks I feel better after that whine!

I fourth it!

I wish NCL had a second pool area like RCCL has. A solarium type. Although I think NCL does most everything else better.

Oh and stop pushing these huge garden villa suites already! I understand they make allot of money off of them but they waste so much room on the ship. They advertise them so much in their catalogues and how many of us can really afford them? If I had that much money to blow I think I would take a crystal cruise.

Today I am whining because the bookings for the Hawaiian cruises are available for booking today even though NCL hasn't contacted me about my now cancelled Sun cruise to Hawaii.

I am whining because when I call they basically say, "Don't call us, we'll call you." The person I spoke to was very nice and even checked with a supervisor.

When will they call me?

WHAAAAA!

Good thing whining day is past because I got my phone call and I am HAPPY. No whining from me today.:D

Just adding some cheese to everyone elses whine - the new website stinks. Three times I've tried to book excursions, three times they take the reservation and the confirmation arrives blank:eek: .

So today, smartie me, I call the ShoreEx desk and have them do it while I'm on hold - only to be told that an excursion offered in Tortola (Rhone scuba dive) is no longer available - even though it shows on the website. OK - no problemo, I'll book Trafalgar Falls and River Tubing anyway so the call isn't a waste.

Told I would receive my confirmation within 24 hours, received it just now and..........yup - you guessed it, it's a confirmation for the Rhone scuba dive that Shorex said is no longer offered:eek: :eek: ...

Give us back the old website, where you could download shore ex PDF files, book cruises........The new site has been up quite a few months now - maybe the code writers are on strike???

Wouldn't it be nice if those of us who do not live near ports could get somewhat of a break on our cruise price since we have a long expensive flight to take prior to the cruise?

I think so, since I live in Montana!:cool:

It just isn't fair!!:D :D

I agree! I'm in Montana too. I booked my airfare last week for my cruise and it was $522 each. I shouldn't complain, it's gone up since then.

Here goes my whining. I've become addicted to desserts since Thanksgiving. I wake up in the middle of the night and keep searching for treats. Finally, today I awoke to only healthy food left in the house. When I got home from work, an FTD package with 8 boxes of chocolates had arrived from my sister in Seattle. Don't people understand I have less than 30 days until my next cruise. How am I going to fit into my bathing suit? Guess I need to move up to the next size.

If you can link me to the old site where you could download ShoreEx PDFs I'd appreciate it - all I have been able to link to is the old booking engine!

Sorry, that's all I have too. I guess my post was misleading. I meant that I don't bother with the new site for booking or pricing.

Offer a single special once in a while like they did in the past. Then I could cruise more....and I am also still waiting on my free cruise (I entered almost every day).
I second that! And third it, and fourth it...:rolleyes: Nope, I don't think they're listening. You know why? 'cause we talk so low (SOLO, get it? :p). Did you all know that NCL & Oceana are about the only cruiselines that DON'T give solo travelers some kind of break in $$ ?

A port here in Denver would be nice. As to airfare? Well, I'm looking at RT Miami on March 25 at $676. For my Thanksgiving 2007 cruise on November 16, RT LAX $346. Go figure.

P.S. Yes, the new website blows.:eek:

I would like to echo many of the whines on here, but I will offer a new one: I wish NCL would improve the quality of their food.

I would also like them to not charge extra for the speciality restaus. Just include the price in the cost of the cruise.

I would like to echo many of the whines on here, but I will offer a new one: I would like them to not charge extra for the speciality restaurants. Just include the price in the cost of the cruise.

You must be kidding, then we will not be able to eat twice at them.

On the Dream, there's just one surcharge speciality restaurant, the Le Bristo, with maybe 20 tables. There's room for maybe 80 diners at a time. Assuming two seatings each night, that's 160 diners per night. To allow every passenger an opportunity to dine at the Le Bristo, the cruise will have to last more than a week, or specifically over 11 nights. On a 7 day cruise, 8 nights, there's no way every passenger could eat there once.

So, which passengers do you suggest NCL ban from the Le Bristo? I hope it's you and not me. Some will not be able to take advantage of the increased fare prices for the speciality restaurants, but you would want to charge everyone for it. $15 each isn't that much considering the food and atmosphere you get. If you can reserve a table early, and the discount is still in effect, $15 for two is much better.

I'm whining that NCL sold my favorite ship. I'm just crushed that this is the last season for the Crown. NCL-- if you're listening-- BIGGER IS NOT NECESSARILY BETTER!

I really hate the huge ships! I don't like sailing on what feels like a floating Las Vegas hotel. I miss REAL cruising. I miss the smaller ships.

I would like to echo many of the whines on here, but I will offer a new one: I wish NCL would improve the quality of their food.

I would also like them to not charge extra for the speciality restaus. Just include the price in the cost of the cruise.

Boa, all the lines now offer specialty dining, If it was part of the cruise price it wouldn't be any different than the basic dining rooms. One of our favorite part of cruising in todays world is deciding if we want to opt for the speicalty dining and if so, which ones or ones. this is our treat to ourselves. BTW, NCL charges less than any other line for the experience. NMnita

And here I thought I'd just be able to sit back and read everyone else's comments.....but I have a whine of my own, a little late.

I called my TA's office today to add four more cabins for our April Dawn, no problem on that, but....

We had reserved the front port corner and side of nine, 2 ACs, the AA, 2 BBs so we would have the proper party balcony setup as well as the connecting/adjoining rooms. The rest of the Fools have rooms down the same corridor, closeby. Perfect.

So, now, it appears that the reservation for the middle AC, the connecting one, has "disappeared". Don't know if it's TA's fault (no payment) or NCL's (not posted). In any event, someone else now has the room and the only replacement available is a minisuite on eleven.

We are waitlisted in case the reservee drops at final, but in the meantime, I'll just have to stew....aaarrrrgggh. We've had this res since April......

TA, himself, is cruising. This will be a delightful welcome home :(

:mad:

And here I thought I'd just be able to sit back and read everyone else's comments.....but I have a whine of my own, a little late.

I called my TA's office today to add four more cabins for our April Dawn, no problem on that, but....

We had reserved the front port corner and side of nine, 2 ACs, the AA, 2 BBs so we would have the proper party balcony setup as well as the connecting/adjoining rooms. The rest of the Fools have rooms down the same corridor, closeby. Perfect.

So, now, it appears that the reservation for the middle AC, the connecting one, has "disappeared". Don't know if it's TA's fault (no payment) or NCL's (not posted). In any event, someone else now has the room and the only replacement available is a minisuite on

We are waitlisted in case the reservee drops at final, but in the meantime, I'll just have to stew....aaarrrrgggh. We've had this res since April......

Is one of those four cabins for me:mad: ?? (I can't believe you guys are leaving without me)

I second that! And third it, and fourth it...:rolleyes: Nope, I don't think they're listening. You know why? 'cause we talk so low (SOLO, get it? :p). Did you all know that NCL & Oceana are about the only cruiselines that DON'T give solo travelers some kind of break in $$ ?

A port here in Denver would be nice. As to airfare? Well, I'm looking at RT Miami on March 25 at $676. For my Thanksgiving 2007 cruise on November 16, RT LAX $346. Go figure.

P.S. Yes, the new website blows.:eek:

Hey, a port in Denver would be nice. I hate to fly and my niece living in Aurora just had her first baby, so I could cruise from Boston to Denver if there was a port there. Maybe we could go up through the St. Lawrence River down to the Great Lakes and cross over some other rivers. I'll have to get my map out. Welcome to Rauri Ann Leighton--Aurora, Colorado's most beautiful baby!

Hey, a port in Denver would be nice. I hate to fly and my niece living in Aurora just had her first baby, so I could cruise from Boston to Denver if there was a port there. Maybe we could go up through the St. Lawrence River down to the Great Lakes and cross over some other rivers. I'll have to get my map out. Welcome to Rauri Ann Leighton--Aurora, Colorado's most beautiful baby!

There is a port in Denver, an airport - but it's not a seaport.:D

If you can link me to the old site where you could download ShoreEx PDFs I'd appreciate it - all I have been able to link to is the old booking engine!

If you are still looking for a link to the old site that allows you to download the pdf's for excursion descriptions, pricing etc., try this one. I downloaded from it today and ordered excursions as well.

Good luck.

G

http://freestylecruising.com/more/index.htm

So, now, it appears that the reservation for the middle AC, the connecting one, has "disappeared". Don't know if it's TA's fault (no payment) or NCL's (not posted). In any event, someone else now has the room and the only replacement available is a minisuite on eleven.

Laurel, Do you need any new best friends? I love your cruising style and especially the frequency to which you cruise.

My new whine for today... I want to cruise as much as Flying Pirate and always in a suite just like her.

Archived