Princess Ultimate Cooler Cocktail Recipe?

Psee

We discovered this cocktail on our Sun cruise last month and now trying to replicate it at home. I know the main ingredients are Grey Goose vodka, mango juice, and passion fruit juice, but there seems to be something missing. Just wondering if anyone knows the recipe or has access to the main Princess bar menu since the ingredients are listed.

Btw, searched the net and didn't find any cocktails by the name "Ultimate Cooler" so it's probably just a Princess thing.

Thanks! :)

We discovered this cocktail on our Sun cruise last month and now trying to replicate it at home. I know the main ingredients are Grey Goose vodka, mango juice, and passion fruit juice, but there seems to be something missing. Just wondering if anyone knows the recipe or has access to the main Princess bar menu since the ingredients are listed.

Btw, searched the net and didn't find any cocktails by the name "Ultimate Cooler" so it's probably just a Princess thing.

Psee,

Here's the link to get drink recipes directly from Princess.;)

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp?cat=GI&subcat=s1&subject=Request%20f or%20recipes%20and%20bar/wine

Thanks donna5, cranberry juice was the missing ingredient! :cool: We tried OJ as well as peach schnapps but it tasted more like a sex on the beach at that point. The bartender at the aft pool bar used mango nectar instead of watermelon syrup so that could also make a difference.

Thanks for the form link crusdiva (I'll post the recipe as soon as I get a response from Princess in case anyone's interested). :)

I just wrote and asked for the recipe for my favorite Princess drink, Beverly Hills Iced Tea. Let's see what kind of answer I get.

Exactly the same as Long Island Ice Tea except substitute Champagne for the Soda. All liquor all the time.

Got a response today from Princess:

Thank you for contacting us. Please find attached the recipe you requested for the Ultimate Cooler drink served onboard.

ULTIMATE COOLER

12 oz SIGNATURE CATALINA

1 ½ oz GREY GOOSE

1 oz WATER- MELON SYRUP

1 oz PASSION FRUIT PUREE

CRANBERRY JUICE

SHAKE WITH ICE

STRAIN OVER ICE

TOP WITH CRANBERRY JUICE

LEMON WHEEL

:cool: :cool:

Got a response today from Princess:

Thank you for contacting us. Please find attached the recipe you requested for the Ultimate Cooler drink served onboard.

ULTIMATE COOLER

12 oz SIGNATURE CATALINA

1 ½ oz GREY GOOSE

1 oz WATER- MELON SYRUP

1 oz PASSION FRUIT PUREE

CRANBERRY JUICE

SHAKE WITH ICE

STRAIN OVER ICE

TOP WITH CRANBERRY JUICE

LEMON WHEEL

:cool: :cool:

What's Catalina?

What's Catalina?

I was wondering that too... :confused:

Appears it's a brand of glassware called 'Libbey Catalina'. Basically just a tall bar glass (12 oz).

Guess I'll have to double the recipe for my 24 oz big gulp. :)

O.K. I guess I should have guessed that was thinking it was an alcohol, but I should have noticed the 12 oz.(that would be too much liquor in a drink).

Misleading size glass, really does not seem to hold that much. :(

The glass is very narrow at the bottom, goes down fast.

• 8 years later...

This may be a silly question but it looks from the list of ingredients that the drink is served over ice. Anyone know if you can get it frozen? Is it only available over ice. It sounds good but I only drink frozen cocktails. Thanks.

Here's the recipe for the drink I had most of the time during the BOGO on our last cruise:

Bulleit Bourbon

Pour 2 measures into a glass

Serve

It's not a real complex recipe. :)

One guy did manage to get it wrong as he put ice into the glass first. I specifically ordered it neat. He didn't know what that was so I said, "No ice". I still got ice. I don't think he had worked a bar before and had very limited English. I sent it back and he brought me the same bourbon that had been poured back off of the ice. (It was cold and watery.) I took it to the bar and the bartender just took it and poured me a fresh drink. It's not nice to mess with a man's bourbon!

I think this was the only "issue" we had on the cruise and it was a so minor as to be almost non-existent. The waiter learned something (which is always good - I consider it a good day at work if I learn something) and I was inconvenienced in an extremely tiny way. My wife and I just laughed about it. Then I got to sit looking at the sea going by while having a nice drink. I love cruising. :)

This may be a silly question but it looks from the list of ingredients that the drink is served over ice. Anyone know if you can get it frozen? Is it only available over ice. It sounds good but I only drink frozen cocktails. Thanks.

The Ultimate Cooler--the formulation of which has evolved a bit over the eight and half years since this thread appeared--is one of the few tropical "on the rocks" drinks from a menu dominated by frozen cocktails. We who prefer our drinks over ice (so one can actually taste the alcohol) have a lot fewer choices that the foo-foo frozen brigade; kindly allow us this one indulgence.

The Ultimate Cooler--the formulation of which has evolved a bit over the eight and half years since this thread appeared--is one of the few tropical "on the rocks" drinks from a menu dominated by frozen cocktails. We who prefer our drinks over ice (so one can actually taste the alcohol) have a lot fewer choices that the foo-foo frozen brigade; kindly allow us this one indulgence.

Wow, ask a simple question and get jumped on. Geez.