Hotels

Britters

We stayed at the Renaissance on 17th ave. It wasn't far from either the water taxi stop (you could walk there) and the port entrance was across 17th but too long to walk to get to the terminal. You can see pictures of it in the webshots in my signature.

search under the heading north american homeports on the boards and east coast departures within that heading. Lots of info on Ft Lauderdale hotels. If you are going to have a car available, we were very pleased with the Renaissance Plantation when we stayed there in october.

I have been searching everywhere for Fort Lauderdale hotel suggestions and can't seem to find any...anyone out there who can help?

:) Hi:

We have stayed at Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn. Reasonably priced, clean with free continental breakfast included! Also, it provides complimentary airport/cruise port shuttle service, with a no charge pick-up 'phone to the hotel located at the airport!

For many years we have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

Free shuttle to and from airport.

Shuttle to pier (somedays free).

Free full breakfast.

Free drinks at managers cocktail party from 5:30 - 7:30 every evening.

:) Hi Krazy Kruizers:

The Embassy Suites is far too expensive just for an overnight pre/post cruise stay; $230 & up! Far less costly @ Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Inn (with free shuttle to pier EVERY day)! My DW & I are booked there, pre cruise, on April 29th. '07 for $119! Since one will be eating well on the cruise, an included continental breakfast is quite sufficient as opposed to a FULL breakfast for $100+ more in cost!

I have been searching everywhere for Fort Lauderdale hotel suggestions and can't seem to find any...anyone out there who can help?

Have you tried TripAdvisor? The web site is a booking engine, but includes a number of reviews, many of them recent:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Fodor's is another good reference point. Not as many guest reviews, but also includes Fodor's reviews and "Fodor's Choice" recommendations:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?cur_section=lod&destination=ft_lauderdale@64

:) Hi Krazy Kruizers:

The Embassy Suites is far too expensive just for an overnight pre/post cruise stay; $230 & up! Far less costly @ Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Inn (with free shuttle to pier EVERY day)! My DW & I are booked there, pre cruise, on April 29th. '07 for $119! Since one will be eating well on the cruise, an included continental breakfast is quite sufficient as opposed to a FULL breakfast for $100+ more in cost!

Could you help with the exact address. Not familiar with Fort Lauderdale and what area the ship with be docking in.

I have stayed 3 times at the Marriott Residence suites hotel. It is about $25.00 for a taxi to the hotel. They have free shuttles to the port. They also have a free shuttle that will take you to nearby restaurants. They offer a free continental breakfast in the AM. If you go on the Marriott website you should be able to find it.

Valerie

Could you help with the exact address. Not familiar with Fort Lauderdale and what area the ship with be docking in.

I'm not familiar with Best Western Ft. Lauderdale Inn but have stayed at several pre-cruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale.

FLL cruises sail out of Port Everglades which is very, very near the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. When searching for a pre-cruise hotel check to see how close the hotel is to the Convention Center and you will have some type of guide as to how far you are going to be from the port.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Ave. twice before and will be there again in about 3 weeks.:) There are several hotels in that area. We like that area because of the availability of many restuarants in the area and shopping venues including a Publix grocery about a block away and a Walgreens nearby.

Dianne

There are so many hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area, depends on what you want to spend and how many pre cruise nights you have.

If you are looking for a hotel for your upcoming cruise, the 6th per your signature, you might try Priceline and get a good deal on a 3* hotel in the area.. If you want to do that and are unfamiliar with Priceline, go to www.biddingfortravel.com and review how to do this as you will likely get only two shots at getting a hotel at this late date..

I love the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. It is a ten minute taxi ride to the pier. The hotel has a new and an old section (I prefer the old). The area on Las Olas Blvd. loads of fun. Great restaurants and bars (the hotel has a fun bar), beautiful people, cafes, and great people watching. Wish I were there now.

dag144:):):):):)

In November I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, FL. Tons cheaper than the Ft. Lauderdale hotels. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at FLL, and then take you to Pt. Everglades the next day.

Roz

:) Hi:

The information is as follows:

Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn,

1221 W State Road 84,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

33315-2349

'Phone: 954-462-7005

Fax: 954-462-5949

Toll Free Reservations: 888-744-7005

In November I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation, FL. Tons cheaper than the Ft. Lauderdale hotels. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at FLL, and then take you to Pt. Everglades the next day.

Roz

:) Hi Roz:

I priced the Hampton Inn Plantation, online, against Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn, and I was quoted the same price, $119, at both, for identical accomodation; so it is NOT "tons cheaper" than THIS Fort Lauderdale Hotel! Both had complimentary airport/cruiseport shuttle as well as complimentary continental breakfast!

My DW & are are booked at the Best Western, (at $119), on April 29th., '07 pre cruise. Also, it is closer in distance & travel time to the cruise terminals!

I have not seen or stayed at this Best Western but I would take a Hampton Inn over a Best Western any day.

Hampton Inns now have those new beds which are heavenly. You also get a choice of pillows. :)

Keep in mind "closer is not always better". Many hotels pick up and the airport an provide shuttle service to the port.

I don't know what kind of $$$ you are looking to spend but this can make a big difference on the type of hotel.

We have found that hotel prices for spring 2007 considerably higher than spring 2006. We have 4 rooms at the Wyndham FLL airport for 1 night pre cruise, 3-30-07, priceline $125.( 3 star airport)

We only need a decent place w/ bed , pool and drinks!

Sparkly - just be aware that other than the hotel restaurant or that at the Sheraton across the street, there is no place to eat within walking distance of the Wyndham. We stayed there in August and it was ok for the price. Nothing special.

I agree w/ gizmo - in most cases there is no comaprison between a hampton and a best western. Haven't stayed at that particular best western, but we pretty much wrote that chain off years ago as there is FAR too much variance in quality (usually on the negative side) among best western properties. Hamptons on the other hand, tend to be pretty uniform in quality, some above average, but certainly not the surprises that one is prone to find at a best western.

I have not seen or stayed at this Best Western but I would take a Hampton Inn over a Best Western any day.

Hampton Inns now have those new beds which are heavenly. You also get a choice of pillows. :)

Keep in mind "closer is not always better". Many hotels pick up and the airport an provide shuttle service to the port.

I don't know what kind of $$$ you are looking to spend but this can make a big difference on the type of hotel.

:) Hi Gizmo:

My DW & I have not stayed at a Hampton Inn but we have stayed (and will continue to book) to stay at the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn, whenever we cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale! Excellent accomodation! Complimentary airport/cruiseport shuttle & continental breakfast as well & only 10 minutes from the cruiseport!

Incidentally, we slept very well at the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Inn! Must have been the same "heavenly" beds that the Hampton Inns, apparantly, now have!

Agree with everyone on your assessment of Hampton vs. Best Western. Another thing to keep in mind are the dates you're looking to book. The night I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation the rates were very reasonable. If there's a special event or lots of meetings and conventions in town that week, someone may not get the same rate.

I don't like being "scolded" because I made a suggestion based on my own experience.

Roz

Archived