Booked another!!!!

Orcrone

Last week I reported that my mom decided to take the entire family on a cruise for her 75th birthday. Well we just booked the Zuiderdam to the Eastern Caribbean for March 26. We booked three verandah rooms on the upper Verandah deck for DW and I, my brother and his partner and my parents. Booked a nearby inside room for our daughters (oh well, they can use someone else's verandah).

Can't believe I have two cruises booked less than 1/2 a year apart. I think I'm getting spoiled.:D

[quote name='Orcrone']Last week I reported that my mom decided to take the entire family on a cruise for her 75th birthday. Well we just booked the Zuiderdam to the Eastern Caribbean for March 26. We booked three verandah rooms on the upper Verandah deck for DW and I, my brother and his partner and my parents. Booked a nearby inside room for our daughters (oh well, they can use someone else's verandah).

Can't believe I have two cruises booked less than 1/2 a year apart. I think I'm getting spoiled.:D[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

Well, I probably won't be able to tell you about those cabins but in a month we will be on Zuiderdam in inside cabin I-6067 which is between SS suites on Upper Verandah. Did you book SS or AA or S?

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Orcrone - you will be happy now that you have selected the upper verandah deck - much better choice than the upper promenade deck.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Getting the 3 cabins together and having the firls across the hall will be great for everyone.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Contulations.[/color][/size][/font]
:)

[quote name='Tatka']Congrats!

Well, I probably won't be able to tell you about those cabins but in a month we will be on Zuiderdam in inside cabin I-6067 which is between SS suites on Upper Verandah. Did you book SS or AA or S?[/QUOTE]Actually, four of us are in the AA rooms. My brother and his partner need a handicap room, so they're in the A category room at the bow.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Orcrone - you will be happy now that you have selected the upper verandah deck - much better choice than the upper promenade deck.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Getting the 3 cabins together and having the firls across the hall will be great for everyone.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]Contulations.[/color][/size][/font]

:)[/QUOTE][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Actually, my brother is at the very front of the ship, and we took two other rooms next to each other just before the ship "pinches in" in the middle in case the ride gets rocking.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]I know this has been asked before, but do you know if they can remove or open the partitions between verandahs.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Orcrone']Actually, four of us are in the AA rooms. My brother and his partner need a handicap room, so they're in the A category room at the bow.[/QUOTE]
So your brother will be in A-6003 or A-6004, right?

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red] I was looking at those cabins, especially the handicapped one. Are you sure your brother has a verandah? I don't see a line sectioning off a verandah area from the bow of the ship where people can stand.

Just curious.

:)[/QUOTE]Just checked back with HAL after reading your post. Turns out that the verandah on that room also wraps around the front of the room. So the verandah is a [b]huge [/b]two sided balcony. Wait till he hears this.

Just called him. He said that when he spoke to HAL he was told the partition was in the normal place and the verandah is 47 square feet. We'll find out who is right when we get on board.

[quote name='Nebraska Admiral']I have cabin 6003 booked for 8-14-04 I will report back when I find out first hand about the balcony. Again thanks for the info on Promo 7032
Dick[/QUOTE]Your very welcome. Better in your pocket than HAL's. I'd appreciate the info on 6003.

thanks,
Marc

I think booking 2 cruises a year is the way to go..we are booked in a Suite on the Z March 05 and I am waiting to book a cruise for my parents 50th anniversary, but the Bermuda sailings are not out...I think we will be going on Celebrity for that, as I do not think HAL does Bermuda any more.
My sister and I went to Bermuda on the Voleendam in 1980...we had an inside cabin with bunk beds..the room was so small ..how nice it will be to be back on HAL in a Suite!!!
Nancy

Marc-

Don't feel bad about two cruises per year! :D It is the only way to go - if you can. I can't wait until we retire and join the ranks of those able to do "extended cruising" ie, 21-days and longer!

I really hope you enjoy the Zuiderdam. I have made the decision I will try another Vista Class ship in the future - maybe even the Zui. I've heard the second time is a charm!

I'm glad to hear you booked this cruise. Our cabin, 7053, was absolutely the best cabin I've ever occupied - I'm sure you'll enjoy the balconies on the Zui... it is also a pretty fun ship. :D

Enjoy the time you get to spend with your parents... this is something we personally cherish as my parents are ready to reach their 80's.. We've been fortunate enough to cruise with them several times and the memories are priceless - not only for us, but for our kids too!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Yes, it's very nice to be double stacked.:D I'll definitely get over the guilt... I think I'm over it.

DW and I were talking this morning. My mom is taking us on a cruise for [b]her [/b]birthday. I'm going to call my brother and see about upgrading them to at least an SS for her birthday. See if I can arrange it with my TA to keep it a secret. Maybe have her send the travel docs to us and hold onto them until we get to the ship. There's some SS suites only three cabins away, so they may not even notice the difference in room number.

If they do I'll just convince them they're having a Florida moment (that's what they call it).:D

Archived