Ironing

Does any one know if there are irons on board the Vision of the Seas? I heard that you can not take them on and that they don't deliver the ironing board and iron to the room. Do they have a laundry area you can go to? Thanks in advance for your help.

NO irons are allowed, and there is no self-service laundry. You can send things out to be pressed. The costs are 1/2 the price of the dry cleaning. We had several things done and it came to around 10$ and they did a fantastic job.

I used to send things out to be pressed, which is reasonably inexpensive. I now take clothes in dry cleaner bags on hangers and when I get onboard I hang them and they aren't wrinkled.

The only things I now send are things that I didn't get to be pressed before we left home. I send things to the dry cleaner all the time to get pressed. I wash my own clothes but send them to be ironed. I HATE IRONING. Once they come home, I save the bags and the hangers so that when a cruise comes up, I am all ready.

Katie

I used to send things out to be pressed, which is reasonably inexpensive. I now take clothes in dry cleaner bags on hangers and when I get onboard I hang them and they aren't wrinkled.

The only things I now send are things that I didn't get to be pressed before we left home. I send things to the dry cleaner all the time to get pressed. I wash my own clothes but send them to be ironed. I HATE IRONING. Once they come home, I save the bags and the hangers so that when a cruise comes up, I am all ready.

Katie

I do the same thing!

Or you can stick with the "old" Downy Wrinkle Releaser or just hanging what you are going to wear in your bathroom door while taking a shower so that nice warm mist helps unwrinkle your stuff. But to me other than ironing at home or at the cleaners and then using carefully the downy will do the trick. Good luck :)

Does any one know if there are irons on board the Vision of the Seas? I heard that you can not take them on and that they don't deliver the ironing board and iron to the room. Do they have a laundry area you can go to? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry no irons and no self service laundry. If you need something pressed you can send it out to the laundry for half the price of dry cleaning. Here is a link to the prices. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/onboardExtrasFaq.do;jsessionid=0000E4-K0U_f_JnReseJ-zPWxlR:10ktmevl6

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I'm new at this and don't know if it's okay to respond with a question. I'm going on the Serenade of the Seas - are you not allowed to pack a travel iron?

No, you are not allowed to pack ANY kind of iron.

Sorry, I'm new at this and don't know if it's okay to respond with a question. I'm going on the Serenade of the Seas - are you not allowed to pack a travel iron?

No, you cannot bring an iron on board for safety reasons. But as stated above, their is laundry services on the ships and reasonably priced too.

As many have said, unfortunately you cannot bring your own iron. I was a little disheartened over this but then I thought, "who wants to iron on their vacation anyway?!?"

Just lay back poolside, send your items to be pressed and have a great time!:p

Just because no one caught you doesn't make it "no problem".

Fire at sea is a BIG PROBLEM. Irons are a FIRE HAZARD.

DO NOT TAKE AN IRON ON BOARD A SHIP.

There's no need to SHOUT at me. And what about smoking in your room, are you going to tell me that, that's not a fire hazard. I'm not careless with the iron.

There's no need to SHOUT at me. And what about smoking in your room, are you going to tell me that, that's not a fire hazard. I'm not careless with the iron.

Unfortunately even though you may be carefull, if they allow you to bring one then they have to allow everyone. Not everyone is that carefull. The ships rules are no irons allowed. The cruiselines set the rules it is their house.

As far as the smoking issue goes that is a whole different issue and until the cruiselines say no more it will be allowed. Again its the cruiselines house and their rules for us to abide by or go elsewhere.

The difference is, and you know it, smoking in your room isn't forbidden- (whether or not it should be is another debate)- bringing an iron onboard is, and the fact that you were able to do so, really doesn't prove that it is okay, anymore than driving while under the influence or speeding but not being caught means it was okay.

Unfortunately even though you may be carefull, if they allow you to bring one then they have to allow everyone. Not everyone is that carefull. The ships rules are no irons allowed. The cruiselines set the rules it is their house.

As far as the smoking issue goes that is a whole different issue and until the cruiselines say no more it will be allowed. Again its the cruiselines house and their rules for us to abide by or go elsewhere.

Thank you, Dockman.

At our most recent safety drill (muster), the CD announced two things VERY EMPHATICALLY. (;))

NO irons.

DON'T SMOKE IN BED.

I never heard either one announced to the assembled passengers at the safety drill before. I was thrilled.

:)

(New book: Cruise Ship Safety For Dummies :rolleyes: )

Thank you, Dockman.

At our most recent safety drill (muster), the CD announced two things VERY EMPHATICALLY. (;))

NO irons.

DON'T SMOKE IN BED.

I never heard either one announced to the assembled passengers at the safety drill before. I was thrilled.

:)

(New book: Cruise Ship Safety For Dummies :rolleyes: )

Your Welcome. While I don't question how safe this person is, if everybody is as safe as they say they are then this wouldn't even be a necessary question. No matter how safe you might be, things do happen. That is why they call it accidents.

Archived