Live from the 1/8 Constellation Carribean Cruise

tbelian

Jim,

Rusti told us on the 12/18 cruise that he just had 5 more cruises to go until he took his vacation. So I think that means he will be over by the time you sail, sorry to say. Patrick thought it was 5 weeks but he drinks a lot, I am sure he said 5 more sailings after the Christmas cruise, so that would be 12/29, 1/8, 1/19, 1/29 and possible 2/9 sailings. I did remember him saying he was heading home at the middle of February.

Texkan,

Everything is relative. We thought everything was lousy except for Lindsey Hamilton and Cirque. But some of our tablemates loved some of the stuff we walked out of. There IS no accounting for taste. EVER.

Bob & Patrick

Hi Guys

Have a wonderful trip - we love the Constellation. We had the RS next t you last May and had a lovely butler (Wilfred not Rusty) and an amazing steward Muninho - if he is there I know you will be well treated. Say hi to him and the ever attentive Nina from Ann and Charles in Scotland

Sailing on Connie 3/12 and can hardly wait. Please let us know dinner itinerary. We usually dine at the specialty restaurant once and would like to do it on the first informal night. Thanks for your help and have a wonderful cruise. Regards, Suzy

Suzy - we'll be on your cruise! Check out our roll call thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=213335

Dan & Linda

tbelian - thank you for posting your cruise details.

We will be onboard the Constellation January 19th.

What day and time is the Cirque show on as we would like to see it and make sure we do not book Ocean Liners that evening.

Also, who is the restaurant manager onboard?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise an looking forward to reading your posts.

Rita

Evening to all!

Aruba tomorrow.... woo hoo!. We are actually going to come in to Aruba at 8:00 am instead of the original arrival time of 10. Captain B announced this morning that he got the ok from Aruba port authorities to come in early. Looking forward to our day in Aruba. We have not been there before.

In answer to the Cirque question. They are gone. Off contract effective 1/1/2007. Word was when the contract was up, they wanted a big increase, and did not get it. It was an expensive show for 1 performance each cruise, and they were already highly paid. This comes from butler Rusty, and cruise director Don Fluke.

Our Royal Suite looks just fine. No tatters or tears. Comfy, roomy, and in very good condition.

Ocean Liners, night 4, first informal night. Goat cheese again was all you have heard and more. Very tasty. 2 filets and 1 steak diane, both very good. Staff attentive, and very friendly.

So far the nights have been

Casual

formal

casual

informal

casual

Will give the rest as they occur.

Again, early to rise tomorrow, so more later.

-Regards

Thanks Wineguys for the information on Rusty. I guess we will just have to hope for a good butler also. We have usually had pretty good butlers... our last butler in Constellation in a RS was only "ho-hum".

Jim Iain

I think Wilfred must be about due back on - we had him in 6140 in May 2006 and I know he was on until October. Maybe Rusty and he overlap as I do not recall Rusty being on Connie. Wilfred was superb - equal best butler with Ricky. He made us the most marvellous minted fuit salad very morning and was charming

AJ

AJ - Thanks for the information. All of the butlers listed sound really good. We were in 6141 in September 2005. While the butler wasn't the best the stateroom attendant was so good we wrote Celebrity recommending he be promoted to Butler.

Jim

Jim Ian

Was that Muninho? We spoke with Nna (Hotel Director) suggesting he should be promoted to butler when we cruised and followed this up with a letter to Head Office. I do hope with all the new openings with Journey etc he gets his chance if he wants it

AJ

Good evening all from the GTS Constellation, en route to Cristobal Pier in Panama...

Weather today was fantastic. Winds have died down, sun was high and hot, we spent many hours up by the pool today. Pool butlers were actively patrolling to see if the chair hogs were out in force. And, the chair hogs were definitely there. Some people will be going to lost and found to retrieve their belongings. This caused some CHs to be a bit upset when they returned to their chairs that they left over an hour ago. I forgot to turn my clock back, and wound up going poolside at 6:45 AM!! However, I stayed there and watched the sun come over the front of the ship and only took 2 breaks for food, and, our BIG EVENT for the day which was a tour of the Constellation bridge.

The bridge on this vessel is nothing short of amazing. There are back up systems on top of back up systems, and the whole ship can be controlled with a couple joysticks (yes, there is a wheel, but it is very small, and not used too often). 2nd officer (we didnt note his name) gave us the details on running some very complicated and sophisticated equipment. The tour lasted about 30 minutes, and pictures were allowed but no close ups of equipment and no video.

- The shows

We have seen 3 new production numbers which included a complete rework of the Broadway show. One singer who was with with Les Miserable previously and was very good. Viloinist Doug Cameron got good reports on his show from our tablemates but we did not go to that.

Definitely, no question, Cirque is gone.

We will be receiving a refund of our port taxes for missing Grand Cayman, but not the entire port charge. Don't get excited, it would only cover a couple drinks....:D

Informal night is un-tied, but it does say jacket.

-judyfssw

Thanks for the tip on Gemini (sp?)... we wound up getting a nice deal on a 'trinket' that DH is thrilled with.

Off to get ready for formal night. More later.

-regards.

Hi - We are taking this cruise on 3/12 and have a couple questions. If you could, please let us know the dinner schedule. So far, I see the second night is formal. I would appreciate knowing the others. Also, are you going to try the specialty restaurant? We often go once. Our friends have one seating and we are on the later one, our choice. But, we would like to have dinner one evening in the restaurant if you think it is good. Thanks, in advance, for your report. Regards, Suzy
Hi Suzy, my husband and I will be on the 3/12 cruise also, have you checked out the role calls for this cruise, seems like a nice group :)

Cheers, Carole

Carole - Yes I look at this site from time to time. They do seem friendly. Looking forward to the CC party. Hope to meet you there if not before. It is so cold here in Portland and we are anxious to warm up. Hope to learn more suggestions about the various ports. Take care. Suzy

Just want to say that I am totally enjoying your posts from the ship...I am a bit anoyed at my travel agent for not telling me that the Circue show is no more. Thx for the info.

Continue to enjoy the cruise...will watch for your updates!!!

Thanks everybody for all your information about the ship. I am booked on the Connie on the 2/19 sailing in a Royal Suite (6134) and am wondering if the PC's in the room allow you to download photos/burn CDs and also do word processing. If not, I'll bring my laptop but I'd rather not do so if I don't have to. Thanks again.

Archived