Live from the 1/8 Constellation Carribean Cruise

tbelian

Andiamo39 - The computers in the Royal Suite on Constellation are adjacent to the computer table (right hand side of desk in picture)

2623204910084859432XgVliM_th.jpg

Click to enlarge

Last time we were in this suite the computer cabinet was not locked and you had full access to the PC - including USB. You do have access to PhotoShop Album, Microsoft Office and Outlook. The use of this at no charge. I don't recall if they have burning software but I think they do.

I have pictures of 6141 at http://travel.webshots.com/album/546717233qUnUyn

Jim

I did not manage to do the download in the suite, but the Computing people did it for me at no charge, so maybe I should have been able to do it there; they did initially say a $20 charge and then when they saw my seapass card they said no charge

Tom ~ can you please do me a favor and if you see Host Joe on board, please tell him to go ahead and book our Cruise Critic Members Cruise on Constellation for Feb. 29, 2008? If you book on board, I just found out you CAN transfer your booking to our member group cruise and retain your onboard credit (something new for Celebrity and a great benefit).

For anyone else sailing, this applies to everyone....for more info, please see this threads and our member website here on Cruise Critic:

On board credit info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=472337

Member Group Cruise web info

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=122

THANKS, Tom....I appreciate the help! I emailed Joe but don't know if he is checking his email!

- Host Anne,

I sent you an email in re; your request.

- All,

Sorry we have not posted much new information. Trying to deal with unfortunate ice storm problems back home, from here, including flooded basement. I'll try and post more information later.

Hi all,

We are, sadly, back home in the cold midwest. Scraping ice and snow from the car windows to get ready to go to work is a far cry from straightening the tie, or fussing the hair to get ready for formal night.

My apologies for 'dropping off' mid-cruise. "Mom" (Mother-in-law) is putting the finishing touches on her journal, and I will try to provide more details about the last half of our cruise soon.

Pictures are available here:

http://family.webshots.com/album/557127613UdbRNP

The Connie was hit with Noro: last report from our waiter, and butler, was approximately 50-60 passengers were affected. Ship was on 'high alert' (code red?) during the last 4 days of the cruise. Salt and pepper disappeared from the tables. No more self serve drinks. Rolls were passed out at dinner by asst. waiter. No basket was left on the table. Hand sanitizing was strongly encouraged. Fortunately, we were not affected.

In general, I would rate the cruise an 8 out of 10. Negatives in my mind were entertainment, and the virtual invisibility of the captain's club representative.

I hope to post more later.

Our basement is a mess. Water is gone and the area is drying (with major help from my wife's sister who handled things while we were away). Now to get in touch with carpet cleaners. Word to the wise vacationers: If you have a sump pump, do a double check of the system before you leave ! Ship to shore phone call back home during the 'crisis' was $47.00 + for 5 minutes.

Glad to hear you are drying out! We came back from a Bermuda cruise after a hurricane to the same kind of thing in the basement....

Pictures look great, I see you had a wave pool on your cruise. I love them too! :)

...did not see any pictures of the new bling though...:D

I see you had a wave pool on your cruise. I love them too! :)

Well, yes and no. What you see in the pictures was created by the motion of the ship. The Connie was rockin and rollin some days on this trip! .... The 'wave' pool was a natural occurence, and I had to capture the water splashing right out of the pool! The photo was one of the 'milder' incidents of this type.

I can't get my DW to part with the bling long enough to get a good pic ... I will try to convince her though .... :D

tbelian - We were on a cruise a few years ago and the pool went into excess...it was wild to watch but it was too dangerous to get into or out of, so we opted to just see the water slosh. It was funny to see, and you captured it in your photos, but no way was I game to get in...Nice that DW is happy. :)

I keep forgetting to ask...you had three formal nights???

Tom, did you hear any word on when they will be replacing the bedding (which I'm assuming hasn't yet been done)?

Phil

No, sorry Phil, I don't have any info on this, but I didnt ask about it.

I was always too tired by the time I went to bed (usually after 1:00 am)... that sleeping on a cement slab would have worked for me.

Tom, did you hear any word on when they will be replacing the bedding (which I'm assuming hasn't yet been done)? Phil

Since they are only replacing the bedding on Mercury in April 2007 and Constellation is a much newer ship I wouldn't hold my breath.

Archived