Are dressy capris acceptable in the dining room?

love2fish

IMHO, dressy capri outfits are definetly suitable on Celebrity. Example; silk, lace trim or beaded outfits and sparkly top outfits are fine. I coordinate with appropriate sandals and jewelry. I would never wear these outfits to the beach or during the day on board or in port. On-line it is hard to decribe but dressy capri outfits or ensembles are different than sport or casual daywear.

As you can see, we have cruised Celebrity often.

Bon Voyage

IMHO, dressy capri outfits are definetly suitable on Celebrity. Example; silk, lace trim or beaded outfits and sparkly top outfits are fine. I coordinate with appropriate sandals and jewelry. I would never wear these outfits to the beach or during the day on board or in port. On-line it is hard to decribe but dressy capri outfits or ensembles are different than sport or casual daywear.

As you can see, we have cruised Celebrity often.

Bon Voyage

On the more casual lines like Carnival, RCI, and Norweigan-you will be fine-but I would not on Celebrity or HAL- and even on Princess you may feel underdressed.

I think the fabric and adornment would be the deciding factors, even on these lines. I saw a capri suit of silk shantung and it would be fine on any of those lines for casual nights, but not informal or formal.

I think the fabric and adornment would be the deciding factors, even on these lines. I saw a capri suit of silk shantung and it would be fine on any of those lines for casual nights, but not informal or formal.

You know i keep reading this here-but on my cruises I saw no one in Capris-now it was only one Celebrity cruise-even on Princess I did not see anyone.

DH & I will be sailing on EOS in June and I'm already planning my wardrobe. LOL

Are dressy capris w/ a tastful spagetti strap top acceptable on casual nights in the dining room?

Thanks so much! :)

i was on rci radiance of the seas and celebrity century last month and saw lots of capris in the dining room on both those ships on casual nites.. capris are very popular.. white ones and black ones seem to be most popular..

i was on rci radiance of the seas and celebrity century last month and saw lots of capris in the dining room on both those ships on casual nites.. capris are very popular.. white ones and black ones seem to be most popular..

Woohoo!!!!! Thank you so much. I'm so excited. :D

Hi:) I have worn capris many times to dinner on my last few cruises to dinner and have been very comfortable. All on princess cruises. No problems. As long as you feel comfortable there is no reason not to. As for men and their shoes, my husband has worn clean sneakers or loafers to dinner on casual nights. Don't fret over any of it. You will be surprised what some people wear to dinner:rolleyes: Have fun, you're on vacation:D

NCL's dress code says capris are fine as long as they aren't denim, and no tank tops.

I always wondered about that...there are some tank tops that really should be for poolside wear only, but there are some absolutely beautiful ones with beading and silk that are sort of a grey area. My guess would be if your boobs are hanging out, it's not suitable for dinner?

Although I was shocked at what some people were wearing! Hubby and I aren't super huge dresser-uppers, but we at least made an effort! When else are we going to have time to dress nicely in resort/business casual at home with a 4 year old hanging off of us? I know things are getting relaxed, but some peoples version of that is really relaxed!

Your capri outfit sounds wonderful. Post some pictures of you in it when you get back!

On the more casual lines like Carnival, RCI, and Norweigan-you will be fine-but I would not on Celebrity or HAL- and even on Princess you may feel underdressed.

I wore dressy capris & a cami on our last cruise, and looked fine. Would have even worn in on formal night w/ sparkley cami.

I even wear black cotton capris & cap sleeve sweater on casual nights.

You will look great!

(This on Princess, and Celebrity by my mother's account...she, too, has worn capris & nice top on casual nights)

NCL's dress code says capris are fine as long as they aren't denim, and no tank tops. I always wondered about that...there are some tank tops that really should be for poolside wear only, !

Ummm...they are referring to men here. No tank tops on MEN.

Obviously tank tops/dresses are very commonplace in dressy wear for women.

Men usually wear a loafer or slip on style leather shoe with docker style pants in the evening. I usually choose a brown or cordovan color for my DH as that goes with all pant colors. Men have it lucky; dress shoes or tux shoes, loafers, a pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers and they are all set. Ihave learned that I can't bring a pair of shoes for every evening outfits. I try to have one pair of dress shoes for the long formal skirts, a pair of black strappy sandals for evening and a pair of white slides or black slides also. Then the daytime shoes are pool slides, sneakers, one pair of comfortable sandals.

Bon Voyage

Archived