Does anyone use the M&M Door signs?

cme4ltc

Was just wondering if you used the signs provided here. One part of me says "Why" the other part says "Why not"! Also, how do you get that one last person to sign up for the M&M? We currently have 24 for the 1-28-07 sailing. This is my 1st time with AOS, and have never been to a meet and mingle. It's like a sales goal, just one more to meet my quota:p

We have used it on all of our RCI cruises. I remember one time, our cabin steward wanted to know that if he gave us special services that we would give him a nice write up in our "Cruise Critic" Review. ( He thought we were some kind of critic hired by RCI to critique the crew). :rolleyes:

MIke

Hi mcarnett - I like the cabin steward story.

I love door decorations but I have to say that I haven't seen too many people with them. I made photo magnets of the pets we left home as well as magnets of our favorite sports team, the 'Packers'.

Funny thing would happen every night after dinner. One of our pet magnets kept moving to other cabins. The first night it moved one door down, second night two doors down, third night three doors down....(you get the picture)...eighth night ~ the END of the hallway (about 60 doors down). My kids thought that was the funniest thing. So did most the cruisers on our floor.

As for the Packers magnets ~ they disappeared altogether on the last night. We posted funny notes on our door that there were fellow cheeseheads on the boat who took off with our magnets.

I have to say the door decorations are a sure source of conversation. Many places we went, people would say 'Aren't you the people by our cabin who like the packers?'. One couple had christmas lights around their door frame that were lit up all the time. The door decorations make for a really easy way for your kids and friends to find your cabin.

There are some neat ideas on www.webshots.com for 'cruise door decorations'. I picked up some great ideas and plan to use them in April.

Was just wondering if you used the signs provided here. One part of me says "Why" the other part says "Why not"! Also, how do you get that one last person to sign up for the M&M? We currently have 24 for the 1-28-07 sailing. This is my 1st time with AOS, and have never been to a meet and mingle. It's like a sales goal, just one more to meet my quota:p

We didn't put it up on the Hawaii cruise, because we had a very "didn't get along" roll call. We flew out 3 days early and we heard that it deteriorated even further in that time. On friendly, active roll call, M&M cruises we put a sign on the door, with magnets. We cut one of those magnetic realtor cards into strips and affix it to the door. If we weren't having a Meet & Mingle for low attendance, or if our actual roll call of people chatting was sort of a "dud". I probably wouldn't bother to put a Cruise Critic door sign up. :) (sorry)

Door decorating is very common on the Disney Cruise Line. When we sailed on the Wonder 2 years ago, I made up several signs and also decorated using those Mickey-head paint chip samples that are available at Home Depot. I very very surprised to find a "Best Decorated Door" award in my cabin one night - I didn't even know that they did that! It also helped my daughter find our cabin easily!

cme4ltc:

...Also, how do you get that one last person to sign up for the M&M? We currently have 24...

I just checked my schedule at work, and would be more than happy to be 'your guest' for the upcoming cruise, and therefore help meet your quota for M&M.

Just throwing that out there... :D

I hadn't thought about decorating our door but now I'm thinking I might. Those pics on webshots.com were great...people put a lot of effort into it! Hubby will not be impressed...he doesn't go for things like that.

I was also thinking of decortating our window...we have a promanade room. I saw pics of someone's promanade window that had parrot lights in it!

Are there any cons to decorating your door/window?

Hi PirateGal - Just don't put anything too valuable on the door as things have a tendancy to disappear if you know what I mean. By the way, my hubby isn't impressed either but when people started making comments to us about the Packers I think he kind of enjoyed it.

Hi Poohs4me - are you celebrating a birthday, graduation, or anniversary on this trip? Some people decorate according to what they are celebrating. What about the state you are from, any favorite teams? You could always do something on the door for each of the ports you are stopping at. A good place for ideas is on www.webshots.com - do a search for 'cruise door decorations' or 'cruise door signs'.

Archived