Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We have booked inside cabins many times but for our honeymoon last year, we decided to book an aft wrap balcony cabin. We wanted to make that cruise "special" and the balcony was lovely. Something to consider for such a wonderful occasion. :)

[quote name='JerCatsRcruisin']We booked our honeymoon on early saver for Oct 11 for an inside room.. we decided if we wanted to upgrade we'd do it when we decided, just wanted the room booked.

I've been on one cruise before with my parents and we had an inside room.. It was perfectly fine. We were only in there to sleep and get ready.

But now I am having second thoughts. I've heard when going to Caribbean it is not worth the extra $$$$$$ for balcony because all you typically ever see is water and when it is land you get out for excursions, etc.

I have not cruised Carnival so I'm not familiar with the rooms. Is the only difference in these a window or a balcony added on?

Any recommendations??? Thx![/quote]

CONQUEST QUESTION...

OK, dh and I are leaving on the Conquest April 26th. He is concerned about missing the NBA playoffs. Do the tvs in the room at least show the news so he can check out the scores? I think he might go crazy if he doesn't know how the rockets are doing :eek:

Thanks!!!

[quote name='tantoria2']This is our first cruise and we are in rm 1316. I am totally confused on how the rm #'s run,lol! So is 6b on teh 6th floor???? any info on this room would be GREAT! Thanks!:o[/quote]

Just to clarify (sorry if Im repeating), 4s are inside cabins, 6s are ocean views, OVs as folks call them, 8s, are balconys etc.

So since the category starts with a 6, you know it will be a ocean view. 6A is fore and aft on the bottom deck. Carnival changed it so mid deck locations now cost more, so your 6B is on the bottom deck, in a location considered mid ship. 1316, the 1 the number starts with is the deck. 2444, would be on main deck or deck 2.

[quote name='JS530']CONQUEST QUESTION...

OK, dh and I are leaving on the Conquest April 26th. He is concerned about missing the NBA playoffs. Do the tvs in the room at least show the news so he can check out the scores? I think he might go crazy if he doesn't know how the rockets are doing :eek:

Thanks!!![/quote]

You will get local news out of Colorado at 5 pm, and CNN international, but I dont believe specific sports news that I can think of. He probably can watch the game in the sports bar, tell him to check that out.

[quote name='JerCatsRcruisin']We booked our honeymoon on early saver for Oct 11 for an inside room.. we decided if we wanted to upgrade we'd do it when we decided, just wanted the room booked. [B]Is the only difference in these a window or a balcony added on? [/B]

Since this is the Conquest thread, I assume you booked the Conquest. The inside cabin is 185 s.f., the OV is 220 s.f. and the balcony, the inside part will be 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f balcony. We loved having the extra space on the OV last year and you still get the view and we had a little table by the window.

The balcony will give you fresh air and a place to sit outside if you like to order room service during your honeymoon. My sister doesnt like the wind blowing her hair or sitting in the sun when the sun is on the side of the ship we are on, so balconys dont work great for us, but if I was crusing with a guy I would like one. We prefer OVs, especially on Conquest where they are bigger. (on Ecstasy inside and OVs are the same size.)

[quote name='JerCatsRcruisin']We booked our honeymoon on early saver for Oct 11 for an inside room.. we decided if we wanted to upgrade we'd do it when we decided, just wanted the room booked.

I've been on one cruise before with my parents and we had an inside room.. It was perfectly fine. We were only in there to sleep and get ready.

But now I am having second thoughts. I've heard when going to Caribbean it is not worth the extra $$$$$$ for balcony because all you typically ever see is water and when it is land you get out for excursions, etc.

I have not cruised Carnival so I'm not familiar with the rooms. Is the only difference in these a window or a balcony added on?

If you can afford the balcony, go for it. I am pretty sure no one has ever regretted going from an inside to a balcony unless it completely bankrupted them in which case they might should have not been on the cruise:D I personally think that an itinerary with 3 days at sea like what the Conquest features are pertfect for balcony rooms because of all the relaxing time that can be spent with just you and your significant other alone on the balcony.

[quote name='tantoria2']firefly333,

I get it,lol! Thank you so much! Very, very helpful. It was just a little confusing for a newbie at first.

looks to me like all oceanview rooms are on this leval is that correct?:D[/quote]

On the riviera deck, there will also be inside cabins, the ones across from the OVs and some 1As. I personally love the 1As with port holes which are often cheaper than inside cabins, but not for your honeymoon!!! The beds dont push together, one twin and one convertible sofa on that deck. I cruise with my sister, so the 1As which are often larger than a inside and you can see out are perfect for us. We did pass one by this Sept to try out a 1A cheapie on deck 6, which has two twins though. Cabin 6393. Cheap way to get a higher deck midship. That way I can cruise often. Like I said Iv made it my business to know too much about cabins and categories on Carnival.

You can get higher deck OVs, they will be higher letters starting with 6s. Like 6C, 6D. So, you can get a higher deck OV. Edited by firefly333

[quote name='pearlandmom']We have booked inside cabins many times but for our honeymoon last year, we decided to book an aft wrap balcony cabin. We wanted to make that cruise "special" and the balcony was lovely. Something to consider for such a wonderful occasion. :)[/quote]

Those are the balcony rooms at the very end of the ship right?? And the balconies look a little bigger on the ship map. I've also heard that the rooms on the spa deck are nice too?

[quote name='JS530']CONQUEST QUESTION...

Thanks!!![/quote]

Not sure about TV coverage but for sure he can find out on the internet.

[quote name='JerCatsRcruisin']Those are the balcony rooms at the very end of the ship right?? And the balconies look a little bigger on the ship map. I've also heard that the rooms on the spa deck are nice too?[/quote]

Yes, the aft balconies are at the very back of the ship. The aft wrap balconies are on the corners (decks 6, 7 & 8) and have views from both the back and the side of the ship. The other aft balconies are deeper than a regular balcony.

Sorry - I don't know anything about the spa deck. I'm sure someone on here can help with that question. :)

[quote name='tantoria2']So, with my room being an oceanview on 6b, should I try to upgrade to an upper deck????? Thoughts??????[/quote]

When is your cruise? We're on April 26th and we're in an OV - room 1355, close to yours:D This is our first cruise so I'm not sure how much nicer the OVs are on higher decks. I changed us from an inside room on the Riviera deck to a guarantee OV and ended up one level down. I'm sure I'll be perfectly content with 1st floor.

[quote name='JS530']When is your cruise? We're on April 26th and we're in an OV - room 1355, close to yours:D This is our first cruise so [B]I'm not sure how much nicer the OVs are on higher decks[/B]. I changed us from an inside room on the Riviera deck to a guarantee OV and ended up one level down. I'm sure I'll be perfectly content with 1st floor.[/quote]

Same cabins, just on a higher deck = less elevator time. Some like lower decks, less motion than a higher deck and you can see the waves closer up. If you are not mobility challenged like we are a little more walking up stairs or elevator time probably isnt a issue. You might not run back to your cabin as often if its less convenient for instance is a drawback. You might have to use the rest rooms on the pool deck more for instance.

[quote name='tantoria2']How can I book a day at the Sunscape or Sandals in Montego Bay without booking through Carnival? :confused:[/quote]

Several passengers were told by Sandals in MO (via phone or email) that there was no need to pre-book a "Day Pass" and to just show up. They failed to tell us that if they filled up their resort that they would turn us away. Eight of us showed up there around the same time and had it not been for someone having an email from Sandals we would not have been allowed in. It took us about an hour to convince them that they would receive tons of negative publicity if they turned us away. They reluctantly let us in by telling us that we would not have beach chairs because there were not enough. Once inside we had a great time. We went out on their snorkel boat and enjoyed the all-inclusive meals and drinks as usual. I think it was $90 a person for the day pass. I recommend trying to find others that are going and share a cab. It was $30 each way.