Boarding pass - can't print due to screw-up

skarletohara

Hi.

Our cruise isn't until April 12th, but just thought I'd go in to the Cruise

Personalizer tonight to see if the passes might be available.

Well, my husband's is and I printed his, but mine states "Can't print

boarding pass due to no credit card information.:eek:

I already filled out my credit card on the personalizer months ago

AND the personalizer states that my info is complete.

Now if I can't print my boarding pass ultimately, will I still be able to

board without it?:cool:

I thought I read on the boards a while back that people were having

problems with this type of thing.

Hi.

Our cruise isn't until April 12th, but just thought I'd go in to the Cruise

Personalizer tonight to see if the passes might be available.

Well, my husband's is and I printed his, but mine states "Can't print

boarding pass due to no credit card information.:eek:

I already filled out my credit card on the personalizer months ago

AND the personalizer states that my info is complete.

Now if I can't print my boarding pass ultimately, will I still be able to

board without it?:cool:

I thought I read on the boards a while back that people were having

problems with this type of thing.

Try putting your husband's credit card number in your personalizer. This should solve the problem.

Why not ask Princess directly. Not to insult anyone, but why would anyone risk any part or delay of their cruise by bogus info gathered on the web. I don’t know how many threads I have read where people are expecting answers to very important questions to be answered by total strangers with no responsibility should their post be wrong.

Go straight to the source, Princess, and get the answer. THEN return here and post the real answer.

I have since pulled up Toto's post regarding this very subject and she stated

that she proceeded to the desk with no problems at all, the same as

with an e-ticket airline reservation. I have the utmost confidence in Toto, as

she seems to cruise a lot and is exceedingly knowledgeable.

If worse comes to worst, I suppose I won't be able to order any cocktails on my non-existent

credit card, but that just means my husband will have to pay for everything

I was able to print out the summary which does list both of us and

our reservation.

So sorry to waste your time jlp20 with my silly question.

I thought that was what these boards were for.

I came to this board first since Princess reps aren't available this evening. I am not a person

who relies on bogus information, FYI, but thank you just the same -- and

oh yes, I will post the real answer upon my return

I had the same issue and called Princess yesterday, they claim I never entered my credit card information (not a chance), but I was able to give the woman my credit card number and print both my fiance and my boarding pass within minutes. she said I could have still entered it online, but it was just easier to have her do it at that time.

you don't even need the boarding pass to board.

yep-- thats what I was told. SInce I cant get my boarding passes since we dont have a credit card nor does everyone have passports. Was told by Princess just print out the summary. ANd have our booking number handy.

Hi Folks,

Can some one explain this boarding pass thing to me,

we do not get to print boarding passes here in UK.

So what difference does it make you still need to stand in the same lines as everyonelse to get your cruise card.

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

So what difference does it make you still need to stand in the same lines as everyonelse to get your cruise card.

yours Shogun

the people who dont print boarding passes will slow the line for people who have them

As long as your name is on the manifest you don't need to print anything. I don't think it's a boarding pass anyway is it? Isn't it just a copy of what you filled in online and the cruise line already has it?

Hi Folks,

yours Shogun

Saw your post and was wondering why you don't get to print boarding passes in the UK? Is this the same for anyone outside of the US or just something unique to UK residents?

Julia

I have since pulled up Toto's post regarding this very subject and she stated

that she proceeded to the desk with no problems at all, the same as

with an e-ticket airline reservation. I have the utmost confidence in Toto, as

she seems to cruise a lot and is exceedingly knowledgeable.

Skarlet - I have no doubt that Toto's info is correct. If you don't have the printed boarding pass, they will take care of you at the counter and all will be fine.

I have to add about a similiar situation in December. I had printed my boarding info but left it at home. I quickly went down to the internet area of the hotel (Renaissance) and was able to make another print out. Though - there was a slight delay because it was the day of the cruise and I didn't have my booking number so it took me awhile to find where I could access that info to print it. So, I speculated I would go to the pier with out the boarding pass.

The ONLY negative about going to the pier with out this printed is if you are Platinum/Elite and go to the pier early. They gave us number cards when we entered and if you were platinum or elite (your boarding pass said preferred boarding), you were given a number 1. Everyone else was given 2, 3 or 4.... They then called numbers for boarding.

So, if you plan on going early and want to be one of the first on the ship - I would make it a point to figure out a way to print the boarding pass. If this isn't important - I wouldn't worry about it.

You DO need to register online with the cruiseline at least 2 weeks before you go with all your information. but you don't need to print out or bring a single thing with you other than your proper ID documents etc. they don't even look at anything you print it is all on their computer screen. Most people print it out just so they have something in hand but it is completely unneeded.

The exact same thing happened to us a few weeks ago.

I had entered the CC info months ago. But for some reason, the system didn't recognize it, even if the Cruise Personalizer status showed 'complete'.

My TA received a call from Princess saying I had to re-enter my CC info. Which I did, and was able to print the boarding passes instantly.

Hope this helps!!

MC

If a passenger shows up without a boarding pass, the check-in agent will make up another and it will take all of 30/45 seconds more. If you want to use the same credit card...fine.. they have a record of it. If you do not want to use the same credit card just tell the agent and they will change that as well (oh my another 30 seconds) Your credit card has to be scanned as well as your passport so that action retrieves all of your information.

The thing that really slows down the process are the people that wait till they get to the desk to fill out their health questionaires or that don't read them and think they can just put all the people on one form (it is ONE FORM PER PERSON unless the person is under 18 and then they can go on the form of the adult accompanying them) Technically the agent is not supposed to even start the check-in process until they see the completed form to make sure everyone is healthy.

Yes, all those without preprinted boarding passes and those with them are in the same line, but to say that they slow the process down is just plain NOT TRUE.

Hi There,

To print a boarding pass it asks for US visa info as we are from the UK we do not need a US visa so can not complete form

However ever time we have board when we go to get our cruise card it only takes a minute they ask what deck check your details then issue you the card.

So do not see why having a printed boarding pass would make much difference, unless you have a problem proving who you are as we have passports on us there is no problem.

Do not think Princess uses this system for cruises in Europe or if they do then again folks in UK have no access to it.

yours Shogun

You have to sign the bottom of the boarding pass and that acts as your signature of the credit card information, if you do not have it, the agent has to have you sign a different form. As long as they have a signed document you are good to go.

Ed

Thanks everyone for your rapid responses.

Update: I entered a different credit card number using my Am Ex

versus my Visa, and it then let me print my boarding pass.

Glad to hear that you were able to fix the problem. And please, do not worry about asking questions on this board (whether real or not). We all know how reliable the answers that Princess customer reps give out are.

Glad to hear that you were able to fix the problem. And please, do not worry about asking questions on this board (whether real or not). We all know how reliable the answers that Princess customer reps give out are.

Thanks for the kinds words dforeigner.

Everyone I've ever met that's from Texas has always been so nice!

I printed out my boarding pass today with no problem except that it would not let me print out my husband's. Everything said complete before I went to print them out and when I went to boarding passes to print it said his was incomplete. I called Princess and she asked if we were using a joint credit card, I told her yes. She said that you can only list 1 owner of the card. So all I had to do was fill out his cc# again and click on not owner for his and I printed it right out with no problem.

Archived