Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I'm booked on the Carnival Freedom in 8298. From the deck plans I can tell that we're right under SOMETHING but I don't know what it is as I've never been on this ship before. Anyone know what we're under and if it will be an annoyance? Don't plan to spend much time in the room but don't want to be annoyed when I am in it!

I'm booked on the Carnival Freedom in 8298. From the deck plans I can tell that we're right under SOMETHING but I don't know what it is as I've never been on this ship before. Anyone know what we're under and if it will be an annoyance? Don't plan to spend much time in the room but don't want to be annoyed when I am in it!

The kitchen area of the buffet. (Try really hard to get that changed)

Okay so I called Carnival in a panic (boyfriend is a chef - works 70 hours a week in a kitchen and would freak out if we had to hear kitchen noises for our whole vacation) and 2 people verified that we are nowhere near a kitchen! We are under an area of stairs and possibly under/near camp carnival. Crisis averted!!

I think I need to glasses- I was looking at 8398 (an inside cabin) which is under the kitchen area of the deli.

2813303560104706296IptqBh_th.jpg

see the lounge chairs how they go down in a tier-- thats whats above you. you will be fine (better then the kitchen thats for sure

2278474900104706296xJHfsL_th.jpg

Edited by serene56

Am considering a 4 day cruise on Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Catalina, and Ensenada & back to LB, in December. Looking at some sort of suite, I see the regular suites are way up high on the veranda deck & way aft.

Considering the ship is hardly moving anywhere in the 4 days, wondering if rocking & ship movement likely to be a problem. We don't get down to Cabo, which I know from experience I tend to get sea sick there.

If this area of the ship is likely to be too rocky, we may have to consider a penthouse suite. Any recommendations on one suite or PH suite over another? I was looking at v21 or v30 for reg suites or u107 or u108 for a penthouse.

One more question, do the reg suites have only Queen beds or 2 twins? Hoping for 2 twin beds, my PVP said it has 2 twin beds plus a sleeper sofa, but that isn't what is listed in the advertising.

Anyone have info on cabin 8442 on the Liberty.Can you hear much noise from lido?:)

DH and myself were in 8442 on the Freedom. The cabin was huge. :D We never heard a thing. Friends had the corner aft next door, with the balcony partition opened up, it made a fantastic balcony. If I remember right it was something like 96 feet long. :D

I was looking at that same picture earlier, while panicking, trying to figure out if they could fit a kitchen under there!! LOL. looks like i'm all set. thanks!

look at the deck plans-- on the lido deck---look at the pizza place--the kitchen is behind the counter-- same with the grill. (being under any of those rooms--- the pizzeria is opened 24 hours a day-

DH and myself were in 8442 on the Freedom. The cabin was huge. :D We never heard a thing. Friends had the corner aft next door, with the balcony partition opened up, it made a fantastic balcony. If I remember right it was something like 96 feet long. :D

Do you have any photos of your cabin and balcony. If you do can you send them to me ,my email is necro_234@hotmail.com:D

Ann! Nice "seeing" you - I hope you have a great time on your baltic cruise. :)

Am considering a 4 day cruise on Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Catalina, and Ensenada & back to LB, in December. Looking at some sort of suite, I see the regular suites are way up high on the veranda deck & way aft.

Considering the ship is hardly moving anywhere in the 4 days, wondering if rocking & ship movement likely to be a problem. We don't get down to Cabo, which I know from experience I tend to get sea sick there.

If this area of the ship is likely to be too rocky, we may have to consider a penthouse suite. Any recommendations on one suite or PH suite over another? I was looking at v21 or v30 for reg suites or u107 or u108 for a penthouse.

One more question, do the reg suites have only Queen beds or 2 twins? Hoping for 2 twin beds, my PVP said it has 2 twin beds plus a sleeper sofa, but that isn't what is listed in the advertising.

We've been on the Paradise twice and going again next year. The cat 11 suites are on the Verandah deck and are very FORWARD not AFT. On that itinerary, you shouldn't have any problems, the ocean is pretty calm most of the time. Be aware that a few of those suites have an obstructed view (life boats hanging outside) and all the others aren't very private, people can look up from the deck below to your SMALL balcony. The cabin size is pretty small too, the same as the OVs (which is what we always stay in).

Do you have any photos of your cabin and balcony. If you do can you send them to me ,my email is necro_234@hotmail.com:D

After posting last night, I looked to see if I had any photo's of this cabin, couldn't find any for this cruise !! We must have some, I'll look again, hopefully find them, then, I'll send you what I have. ;)

Ann! Nice "seeing" you - I hope you have a great time on your baltic cruise. :)

Hi Jackie, nice 'seeing' you too. Have a wonderful trip on the Liberty. We love that ship, much nicer than the Century. ;) Getting excited about the Baltic cruise and, being on the Jewel again. :D

[

Thank you Serene....but not sure if it helps or not:)....

Only being able to look straight ahead, but with a longer balcony Vs being able to see straight down, but a short balcony....

And is that obstruction in front distracting?....oh dear...decisions...decisions

quote=serene56;20897683]2017614270100517148fxWmVl_th.jpg

i would look in this whole album

2809170760061904249hMhgNl_th.jpg

[

Thank you Serene....but not sure if it helps or not:)....

Only being able to look straight ahead, but with a longer balcony Vs being able to see straight down, but a short balcony....

as long as you are prepared for the deck below you-- you should be fine. Looking out is what people tend to do anyways--sitting there watching the wake flow by.

how long will you want to look down into the waters?

Of course....you are quite right....if we want to look down we can always wander down to deck four or up to the pool deck.

We haven't experienced an aft cabin but as this is probably the one and only time we are likely to go to the Far East I want to get it right.

as long as you are prepared for the deck below you-- you should be fine. Looking out is what people tend to do anyways--sitting there watching the wake flow by.

how long will you want to look down into the waters?