Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

1st posting in this board and this is the very first cruise (Alaska End-May 2011) to be on. After reading so many thread, and especially this thread that was very tiring actually, seems to have found nothing on these 2 cabins.

I have also googled on these 2 cabins and came up with nothing much, so I guess that's the reason for this posting...

Anything that I should be aware of for these cabin on Aloha deck? I know it's just at the promenade lifts, I would assume that the door is sufficient in blocking the noises, although I don't think I worry too much about that, unless it's really very loud.

We are in 8156 and wondered what the noise might be from above. It happens to be the spa area I think....anyone been on Deck 8 near the back....PLEASE any feedback??

I would look at photos to see how their gym.spa is fitted. You want to know where the weights are located in proximy of your cabin. You do NOT want to be under the weight room

Hello, we are new to the site but have cruised many times,mostly on Carnival. We are planning on booking a cabin on NCLs Dawn out of Miami this coming March. Any opinions on cabins to book and to avoid? We will probably be booking either a Balcony room or suite. The last balcony room we had was on the Carnival Conquest and the balcony was huge! We were just about the last room towards the back and the rooms actually curved at that point towards the back and that left those rooms with bigger balconies! If we can find similar balcony rooms on the Dawn,that would be great! Thanks ahead of time...

CnD

Does anyone have any info on cabin 8584? We were upgraded from a great location balcony room to a junior suite in the far aft side. The website states the cabin next to us is an obstructed view...also looks like we are down a LONG hallway. An upgrade is wonderful but now I am worried.

Does anyone have any info on cabin 8584? We were upgraded from a great location balcony room to a junior suite in the far aft side. The website states the cabin next to us is an obstructed view...also looks like we are down a LONG hallway. An upgrade is wonderful but now I am worried.

Ok, I tried some searching for you. This is the ONLY picture I could find. As I look at it though, I still wonder if this was the exact cabin. its at another website. starts with the way you love to travel and ends with line rooms dot com look under the splendor ...same ship layout and then find your room number. Hope this helps.

I'm planning to book a cruise on the RCI Serenade. Which rooms should I stay away from or are in bad locations ? Which do you reccommend? It will only be my huband and I and both of us are light sleepers. Thanks for your help.

when speaking with an agent keep the deck

plans opened--in front of you. Avoid areas with "noise" below you or over you. Avoid large white areas. Best bet to look for cabins that are above and below cabin space- midship= close to the aft elevators putting you close to food.pools

We are going on our first cruise on March 11/2011 for 9 Day Mexican Riveria and wondering if room 8164 8K is a good or bad room. Does this room have an obstructed views. Any help regarding this room would be appreciated:):)

We are going on our first cruise on March 11/2011 for 9 Day Mexican Riveria and wondering if room 8164 8K is a good or bad room. Does this room have an obstructed views. Any help regarding this room would be appreciated:):)

what ship?

You have nothing to compare it to-- any cabin on a cruiseship is a good choice

Edited by serene56

I am adding this cabin in case someone does a "search" of this thread by the cabin number.

Glory 2348

It is another Glory cabin that has insufficient AC.

Since we had 2385 on the other side...but same :area: of Main deck...this seems to be a problem area.

Hopefully it is specifically on the Glory and not a problem with the Conquest "class" since we have 2389 booked on the Valor in September.

Has anyone been in Cabin 2348 recently on the Glory? Is the A/C still an issue?

• 4 weeks later...

We figured we would be far enough away from the Princess Theater that we wouldn't hear the shows...we were wrong.

We could hear everything when we were laying on our bed - from individual instruments to specific lyrics in the songs. We tried to get moved to another room, but the ship was full. Princess did not do anything to compensate for our inconvenience, and they were aware that it had been a problem in the past.

We decided not to let this ruin our trip and adjusted our schedule so that we were not trying to sleep during rehearsals or shows. It made for late nights and late mornings, but we had a great time.

We figured we would be far enough away from the Princess Theater that we wouldn't hear the shows...we were wrong.

We could hear everything when we were laying on our bed - from individual instruments to specific lyrics in the songs. We tried to get moved to another room, but the ship was full. Princess did not do anything to compensate for our inconvenience, and they were aware that it had been a problem in the past.

We decided not to let this ruin our trip and adjusted our schedule so that we were not trying to sleep during rehearsals or shows. It made for late nights and late mornings, but we had a great time.

Welcome to cruise critic! Thanks for posting to alert others on this cabin. :)

We booked a cruise on Norwegian Spirit on a guarantee and were assigned to cabin 5500. It is at the very front of the ship. I get seasick and use the patches behind my ear. I know that there is more movement in the front but the patches should take care of that. Is there anything else I should know about this location? We leave on Jan. 23 and do not know if they are likely to upgrade us anymore.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Does anyone knows about cabin E701 (near aft lifts) and E419 (near mid ship lifts) noisy on Diamond Princess??? Got upgraded to these two cabins. Never stayed right next the lifts or even on emerald deck.

Do you think Princess would relocate us if we request? Thanks.

NCL SUN Sept 11 2011. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

I originally booked a GTY category BB cabin. This would place me midship on deck 9. A GTY cabin should place you on your category or an upgrade is unavailable, this would be BA midship deck 10 or a possible suite if really lucky???

I was unfortunate enough to be advised I have cabin #8268...........(a cat BC)

This cabin is 1 deck lower, over the theatre, has a interconnecting door and is very far AFT. Upon enquiry to my agent, I am advised that NCL have adjusted the cabin categories from Aug 2011 on the SUN. Cabin 8268 is a B3 (is this less than a BB?)-upon checking the NCL website, it still denotes this cabin as a cat BC.

What advise can anyone give please?????

I am very disappointed with NCL and will never book a GTY cabin again if that is the case:(

We are light sleepers and always made sure that we had cabins above and below us. On one cruise we had a service elevator across the hall. About 5 am every morning we heard loading and unloading. Loud noises! Now we make sure that there are cabins across the hall also.

Yep that is the way to go. cabins above and below you. Not to close to the service elevators. Sometimes you can not tell from the pictures of the decks. When the centre of the ship is blank then you know is it s service area. But sometimes they are far enough away that you do not hear anything.

Julie

We booked a cruise on Norwegian Spirit on a guarantee and were assigned to cabin 5500. It is at the very front of the ship. I get seasick and use the patches behind my ear. I know that there is more movement in the front but the patches should take care of that. Is there anything else I should know about this location? We leave on Jan. 23 and do not know if they are likely to upgrade us anymore.

oo, I dont know if I woulda taken the guarantee rate if I get seasick.

The front of the ship gets the brunt of the motion. (if you hit rough waters you will feel motion no matter where you are but the front will get a lot.

Can you call and ask how much to upgrade to a different location- more midship if possible?

I take it this is not your first cruise

our last cruise was also at the very front of the ship on deck 6 on explorer of the seas ,we hit rough seas the 2nd night lots of movement but that didn`t bother us it was the waves crashing the front sounded like steel hitting steel kept us up all night never again,we will book mid-aft cabins from now on.

Dear Butterfly1968

I booked a guarantee cabin on the Sovereign of the Seas once and I got the very worse cabin possible. It was an oceanview guarantee and I was on the lowest deck at the very front of the ship and the view was from a tiny porthole. The seas were rough and so was the ride.

I have since had the chance to go with a guarantee cabin type but I am now quite careful. Sometimes it is not worth the risk. It depends on the guarantee room type and the amount of savings. I recently turned down a chance for a free upgrade from balcony to junior suite guarantee because I did not want to take the chance of being in a JS that could have been located just below the pool. At least I knew what I had with my little balcony.

Maybe you will end up with a good cabin after all.

Good luck

Sylvia

First time on an aft balcony. Just wondering if anyone has any information or pictures about the cabin or balcony. It is a suite so I am really looking forward to the butler. We have been on several cruises but never spent extra for this service. Going to Bermuda in August and just looking forward to my own lounge chair.:D

Hello!

We've been on about 35 cruises (17 Princess Cruises), but not on the Ruby. However, I honestly think that cabin is not in a good location. Not only are you under the pool area (scraping of chairs, etc.), but you are almost directly across from the laundromat, where people tend to congregate and there is more noise in the corridor as a result. You do not want to ever be under a dining area of any kind or under the pool area. I got "upgraded" once on the Star to under some galley (rolling carts all night - literally) and was gone after the second night and much squeaky-wheel complaining. I don't think they would have moved us, had it not been their idea to put us there in the first place. We even had a purser come into the cabin in the night to hear what was going on overhead. The cabin steward quietly told us it was a common complaint in this cabin.

You may not be noise-sensitive, but I am, so I'm picky about this type of thing. I'd get out of that ASAP. Just my opinion....