Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

:confused: Does anyone know much about the verandah rooms on the inspiration? I was just on her but didn't think to look! We are now booking a cruise again for next May and I want to get a balcony room, now that I am aware of a military discount available It is much more affordable! I know not to get V24 or any of the obstructed view rooms. My question is actually more for the inside rooms on the verandah deck. We will be travelling with others that may opt for the 4E rooms there to be close to us. Does anyone know which corridor/hallway the rooms open out into? I would hate to have someone book right across from us to find out it is actually around the corner from us!:eek:

Thanks so much! I have been on the Sensation (7 day 5/2001) Main/upper, inside cabin and the Inspiration (5 day 2/2006) main / upper OV and 5/2008 riviera inside R159!

Does any one have any information about the Family Ocean view rooms on RC? My family and I are booked in cabin 9200 and my daughter is a little concerned about being in the front of the ship and feeling seasick. In the past she has worn the wrist bands and was basically fine.

My question is actually more for the inside rooms on the verandah deck. We will be travelling with others that may opt for the 4E rooms there to be close to us. Does anyone know which corridor/hallway the rooms open out into? I would hate to have someone book right across from us to find out it is actually around the corner from us!:eek:!

even cabins open up together-

odd cabins open to the same hallway.

so if you take a even # cabin-- your family will want to book an even # too.

WOW-- are you aware that by booking a 4E your family will be paying quite a price. sometimes even more then booking an oceanview guarantee.

even cabins open up together-

odd cabins open to the same hallway.

so if you take a even # cabin-- your family will want to book an even # too.

WOW-- are you aware that by booking a 4E your family will be paying quite a price. sometimes even more then booking an oceanview guarantee.

That makes sense! I should have thought of it that way! I knew even was one side and odd was the other!

We are leaving cabin selection up to them. One has a child and thought that being near camp carnival would be good. We let everyone know about inside being dark and some preferred that. And it wasn't really that expensive! We have given them the sites to check prices and layouts. Thanks for the concern and info! We knew we wanted to go again and with some friends, so when we got back we made a few calls and started planning. Everyone wants to go and I am trying to steer them in the right direction. I'm not doing all of the planning and choosing as you can't please everyone! We are choosing our room and letting them know where it is and they can choose theirs. I will help them and let them know the good and the bad of different locations. I let them know about the expense for a balcony, but also the perks! They could put the extra money into something else like spa treatments and drinks (which add up fast)! The cheap vacation can get quite expensive!

Thanks again for your quick reply! Now just to decide which balcony room to go with!

Thanks again!

Is this good or bad?? Never been on the first floor before and I can't tell what is directly above us. Can someone help? Thanks to all!!

Medusa Lair is 2 cabins away--but you wont hear NOTHING at all from that area when you are in your cabin with the door closed. This class of ship is awesome when it comes to sound proofing the cabins.

Access to the disco is on the deck above you--noworry about heavy foot traffic either

Being low is good if you hit rough waters. the halls are very quiet.

I love the idea of the thread with rooms NOT to book. We sailed on the Crown Princess in room R333 --- heard the scraping of the chairs, people walking above us, the setting up of the deck chairs, ping pong, etc at all hours of the day and night. We were on the Dawn Princess in R317 with the Lido buffet directly above us --- no problems there with noise even though it is the same approximate location on each ship. Only difference is, the deck above us on the Crown didn't have any carpet to absorb the noise whereas the Lido on the Dawn is with carpet. Also, the riviera deck on the Dawn leads directly to the pool area --- so it is not directly above you. I would avoid any rooms on the Riviera Deck on the Crown unless they are located all the way forward.

Well I was a little nervous about being assigned a cabin on the Riveria deck because of the pool, but since we are right next door to the suites, I figured it would be okay. We were assigned to R342, now I'm nervous again. advice welcome!:confused:

does anyone have any info on #5297 (upper deck) on the Miracle? It's our 1st aft balcony:D

laundry room is across from 5268. very convenient to do a load of wash while people are getting ready for dinner.

its a good choice. people above you willnot see into your balcony.

OK you guys have me convinced not to do a guarantee again (I've apparently been lucky in the past) - how about either of these two rooms - should they be pretty quiet - am I reading it right on the deck plans that they are extended balconies? Very grateful for your replies!:)

BTW I don't want to take up any handicapped rooms - do they tell you when you book?

BTW I don't want to take up any handicapped rooms - do they tell you when you book?

no, not always will an agent tell you that certain cabins are HC or modified for wheelchairs. Some will even give them away. (and not telling the people that if someone shows need you can be moved without warning.

either cabin you chose is good. (lifeboats on deck 4 will prevent you from seeing straight down into the waters.)

Thanks for the fast reply Serene! Can you tell if these are extended balcony rooms?

Thanks again, Linda

any cabin with a strip on it is an extended balcony. We had an extended balcony 0on the Miracle on the aft.

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

We were in 6281 last year on Miracle. It was not a great room as the handicap features limit storage space and eliminate furniture. We were unaware it was handicapped and would not have booked it.

Let's see, the door takes forever to close as it is designed for someone in a wheelchair. We'd wait and wait, just standing there in our cabin as folks strolled past. You couldn't force it to close sooner and you couldn't bypass the mechanism.

With extra room for a wheelchair, there's no sofa. The room is configured to the bed is against the hall wall, so you don't get the best sleep. You lose a closet because of the over-size shower. Now the larger shower was nice, but I missed the extra storage space.

The extended balcony was very nice, but there was a lot of wasted space, again for the possibility of a wheelchair. Altho there was no automatic door opener to the balcony, so someone would have to assist getting out there.

We were disappointed in this room and now check the notations on the deck plans more carefully.

Neither 7281 nor 7289 are HC rooms.

Deck plans for Carnival ships showing HC rooms can be found at this page.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

No, they don't always tell you. When we booked for our Elation cruise, the PVP put us in E56 and E52 - both HC cabins that we had NOT requested!

Cabins were no different from other insides we've had on Fantasy-class ships other than having wider doors and a fold-down bench in the shower.

Guess it depends on the class of ship as to the modifications.

We are booked in cabin 8369 on the Glory. I've researched this thread and have found conflicting info. Someone said 8366 (which is back to back with 8369) would be OK (no noise from the buffet/pool above). But someone else posted they were in 8356 (outside, slightly forward of 8369 and on the port side) and they said they heard scraping chairs all night long.

Any thoughts?

We are booked in cabin 8369 on the Glory. I've researched this thread and have found conflicting info. Someone said 8366 (which is back to back with 8369) would be OK (no noise from the buffet/pool above). But someone else posted they were in 8356 (outside, slightly forward of 8369 and on the port side) and they said they heard scraping chairs all night long.

Any thoughts?

well- these cabins are not located under the pool area but located in the kitchens of the buffet area. One is by the deli the other is by the oriental station. (8369) (the oriental station is only opened during lunch time 11:30- 2:30

it would also factor in people's tolerance for noise. If someone is a very light sleeper-- they will hear stuff.

I am a light sleeper but on a cruise I hear nothing.

(although I dont think i would take a cbin under the kitchens from the lido deck)

did you pick this cabin or was it given to you as a wy of a guarantee booking?

well- these cabins are not located under the pool area but located in the kitchens of the buffet area. One is by the deli the other is by the oriental station. (8369) (the oriental station is only opened during lunch time 11:30- 2:30

it would also factor in people's tolerance for noise. If someone is a very light sleeper-- they will hear stuff.

I am a light sleeper but on a cruise I hear nothing.

(although I dont think i would take a cbin under the kitchens from the lido deck)

did you pick this cabin or was it given to you as a wy of a guarantee booking?

We booked as part of a group, and after final payment, this cabin was assigned to us. I believe we booked a 4A and this is an upgrade.

Normally, I'm not a very good sleeper, but I also sleep better on a cruise. I did take another look at the deck plans, and can see that we are under buffet and kitchen and not under table and chairs.

Thanks for you response!

We are booked on the Star in cabin D508. I am concerned the the stairwell next to us will be noisy. The map shows white space but I think that is just the stairwell. Can anyone help?

We booked as part of a group, and after final payment, this cabin was assigned to us. I believe we booked a 4A and this is an upgrade.

Normally, I'm not a very good sleeper, but I also sleep better on a cruise. I did take another look at the deck plans, and can see that we are under buffet and kitchen and not under table and chairs.

Thanks for you response!

it wont take much to ask the agent if the cabinn can be changed--ask to move to he other side of the ship-- or move down to the empress deck.

the worse that can happen is the agent says no.

We are booked on the Star in cabin D508. I am concerned the the stairwell next to us will be noisy. The map shows white space but I think that is just the stairwell. Can anyone help?

you shouldnt hear noise from the stairs--unless you are sailing with rude/obnoxious passengers.

for the most part the stairs/elevators are quiet.