Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We're booked in Aft balconies 6463, 6465 & 6438. The last time we booked an end aft balcony there wasn't a sofa just a chair because the corner suite cut into the end balconies. I'm fearing 6463 is going to be the same. Also, my TA checked with Carnival and told me Upper Aft balconies were bigger than Empress Aft Balconies. That's not what I see when I look at the deck plans though.

Anyone know anything about these statereooms?

cant look and see by going by the online deck plans. I mean check the balconies on the deck plan-- they look miniscule.

243871401nsmbLO_th.jpg

Soem aft cabins on the empress deck do not have sofas and the cabins are more narrower-

I have stayed on deck 6 a few times - only once on the empress.

Carnival sensation empress deck room 22?

I am scared to death! This is our first cruise, booked the first thing he said, never researched, and I have a few days before final payment. Tell it to me straight!

I have 2 kids, 15 months and 8ys, so we probably won't be the quietest on the ship ourselves, we are under the lounge, and I had no idea how close to the front we were. Should I try to find another room? This date isn't set in stone, should I ask for others?

Carnival sensation empress deck room 22?

I am scared to death! This is our first cruise, booked the first thing he said, never researched, and I have a few days before final payment. Tell it to me straight!

I have 2 kids, 15 months and 8ys, so we probably won't be the quietest on the ship ourselves, we are under the lounge, and I had no idea how close to the front we were. Should I try to find another room? This date isn't set in stone, should I ask for others?

you want to be low and midship. see if the Upper deck towards the aft cabins-- the one on the bottom of the page has any available cabins.

Upper deck is situated between decks of cabins and away from public area.

wotj 2 kids that little the hike to the food and pools is a long walk. Taking a cabin closer to that area will get rid of a lof of your walking.

15 months is too young for the camps--but you can take that child to the camp at noon for family fun and he/she can use the toys and climb in and out of the stuff.

what dates were you looking at?

cant look and see by going by the online deck plans. I mean check the balconies on the deck plan-- they look miniscule.

243871401nsmbLO_th.jpg

Soem aft cabins on the empress deck do not have sofas and the cabins are more narrower-

I have stayed on deck 6 a few times - only once on the empress.

Serene56, I believe you may have been in one of those rooms on Upper??? or am I confused. I guess it doesn't matter, we'll have a ball anyway. Thanks, you're just an information machine girl!!!

On the Victory we had 6440.

I pick my cabins based on a celebrations.

I took my SO on his first cruise on the Victory to celebrate his 40th birthday= booked 6440.

Destiny I celebrated my 50th to the Southern and booked 6350.

Miracle- sailed on Joes birthday again== born in 1962 so I booked 6262.

good thing that all good ceberations are done on aft cabins---lol i dont know what i would have done otherwise.

I am going on the Valor in Sept. The PVP suggested this room. We did not want to be too high up and to be towards the middle of the ship.

Is this a good room?:confused:

its a connecting room- and holds 4 people-- (next door too) do you need a cabin with 4 people??You might be able to hear the sounds in the cabin next door-- you could get noisy neighbors-- ifnot needing a connecting cabin-- no thanks

do you have little kids? thats a long walk to the food/pools.

For oceanview cabins there is only two decks of those. the higher you go the more you feel. Going down one more deck to the riveria deck should save you about 60 bucks... The rooms are identical.

For less walking try around the area of before the aft elevator-- around 2414-- I like that side of the ship-- cabins across from you- avoid the white areas if possible. I prefer the riveria deck to avoid being UNDER the galley.

You want your cabin between cabins that have not symbols in there-- but i am not seeing much availability for a cabin like that.

We are traveling on the Inspiration on 7/5 we have two adjoining rooms and two other rooms all on riviera deck. Anyone knows anything about these locations, Good or Bad?

If anyone has been on this cruise let me know if I should try and change. It will my husband and I our girls ages 6 and 3. My mom and a friend in a room and my brother and his girlfriend. The kids are in the adjoining room to mine.

If anyone has been on this cruise let me know if I should try and change. It will my husband and I our girls ages 6 and 3. My mom and a friend in a room and my brother and his girlfriend. The kids are in the adjoining room to mine.

is your cabin a "true" connecting cabin?

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/inspiration.htm

why would you change the cruise-- its gonna be packed with lots of families with kids-- its prime time week of sailing

I guess I should have been more clear I dont want to change the cruise just maybe the rooms if these were bad rooms. And yes we have true adjoining rooms.

not very much left for choices for your cabins-- especially with needing a connection for the kids. Your cruise is almost sold out. what cabin # do you have

serene56- are you able to tell what is available on the Valor sept 14 to 21? Is there someway I can look to see if there is a better cabin?

I am curious to see how full the ship is

Thanks!!

This is also how you shoul dbe checking your prices- agents will not just give you a price decrease if there is on..you will have to let them know

go to any online booking site and make believe you are booking a cruise. I use the carnival website, click on funship- carnival valor, scroll to the bottom and click on your itinerary (western ) then click on your date- isee up til Aug is on that screen.. so go to the bottom and click to see other dates. click on your date. fill in the information then click on the category you are interested in.

you will see only 7-9 cabins in any category-- doesnt mean that is all there is. There is also a place on the bottom that you can plug in cabin #s to see if a certain cabin is available. Changing the number of passengers to 3 or 4 will give you other cabin #'s

Also- if you are not past final payment--- many people cancel at that time- agents that are holding cabins for group space will release cabins.

We have r34, r38, r42, and r122.

Your 122 is perfect location- your other cabins are very forward--- LONG long walks to the food/pools. Not much available= your cruise is almost sold out. so looking for cabins that are connecting is out for now. You are sailing during a high peak family time. (and boy was that expensive too--:D

these are inside cabins-- they will be dark- extremly dark 24/a day.

Leave the girls bathroom light on for them at night.

Carnival rents strollers for $25.00 for the week. You might want to consider that for your 3 year old.

Yea it is priced at about 800pp for a inside during this time now. But we got ours during the military special and we got it at 561 pp taxes included. So thats why I am not to concerned about the rooms. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. I was also thinking about bringing my stroller or do you think renting is better.

We had E52 and E56 on Elation. I normally book more midship because of motion issues, but those cabins were fine. Under the shops, which had me a little worried, but there was absolutely no noise. Close to the forward stairs/elevators.

I'm not opposed to walking or stair climbing, so those things are of absolutely no consequence to me.

I've been on Riviera a couple of times and had no problems there, except on little Jubliee, when we were in R7 and the motion was awful. Could have some noise up front when dropping anchor in port.

Yea it is priced at about 800pp for a inside during this time now. But we got ours during the military special and we got it at 561 pp taxes included. So thats why I am not to concerned about the rooms. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. I was also thinking about bringing my stroller or do you think renting is better.

only you know how your childs staminia is. (i for one would not want to be carrying a 3 year old all week at night-lol (if she falls asleep at camp at night time--- long walk back to the room.

bringing your own--- will she be good with standing and waiting on line while you check in? (depending on when you arrive at least an hour)

I'm not opposed to walking or stair climbing, so those things are of absolutely no consequence to me..

the OP has two kids ages 3, and 6.

I think the Riveria deck is a good deck -- less crowded. no noise issues, etc. (many people have mindset that its the stearage== but the cabins are all the same-- and once you are out and about youget the same service treatment as those who book the most expensive suites.